Reply Off- Topic
Kind of a long rant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elly_the_lost_penguin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:54 pm
My dad died several years back and because of that my mom was getting social security benefits because of me, my sister, and my brothers. Well the deal with social security money is that when we turn 18 if we are still in high school we fill out some forms the money goes to us instead of our mom, but instead of doing that me and my mom made a deal: instead of me filling out the forms to get the social security in my name she would keep it to help with rent and she would give me twenty dollars a week and put thirty in the bank every month for when I move out. Well a few weeks ago she stopped giving me the twenty dollars and I let it go because i know shes been having money problems and her car broke down and stuff but the other day I needed to go buy some new jeans so i asked her about it and she said she didn't have any cash on her. Well I let that go and then I asked her if she remembered to put the money in the bank this month and she told me they closed the account because there was no money in it, meaning she hadn't put any money in it since I turned 18 five months ago. Her excuse was that she had been taking care of my Milo. All she has done for him is buy dog food which is for the other dogs too. She wouldnt even take him to the vet to have his eye infection looked at. She started getting defensive so I backed off the subject. It really makes me mad because we had a deal. It also really makes me mad because she gives my brothers whatever they want. If they want to go somewhere they get rides and I usually have to take a bus and they never help clean the house or take care of the animals or anything. its the same way with money.

I usually don't get angry about ever but I really hate being treated unfairly mad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:48 pm
I'd suggest you go try to get things in your name while you can. Tell your mom that you'll give her money for room and board/to help out, but that you'll also be putting money away for things you need and your future.  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Off- Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items