Reply 17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies
X-men Movies?! :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chesiregirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 pm
I love the X-men movies. I remember my sister introduced me to them by showing me "The Last Stand" on TV. After that I fell in love with the movies. I never really read the comics or watched the cartoon, even as a kid, and now I don't want to because the comic has an ugly art style to me (I just can't get into the art style of American comics most of the time...) and the cartoon...their appearances just conflict too much with the images the movies have implanted in my mind. Also the fact that Pyro is in orange spandex *shudder*.
Anyway, who else loves the X-men movies?! My personal favorite characters are: Storm out of the main group (Logan, Scott, Jean, and Storm), Pyro both in general and out of the younger group (Rouge, Bobby, Pyro, Kitty, Colossus), and Banshee in First Class. <3 And even though most fans (even movie-only fans such as myself) hate it, the third movie was my favorite. I regret nothing. After that First Class follows closely behind, and X2 follows closely behind that one. I don't care much for the first one (It focuses too much on Rouge, who I don't care for) but it's decent. I haven't seen Wolverine yet (OTL) but I'm planning to this week during Spring Break. I have a feeling I'm gonna like Gambit...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:52 am
lol welcome to the fandom. I'm actually an old school fan. I got introduced to the series through the old Fox cartoon (look it up some time, it's really good and that's where the movie got it's theme songs) and from there I checked out the comics. I actually read all the old ones starting with issue #1 and they're really awesome but if you want, there are actually a couple manga versions of X-Men, the most recent is an overly shojo reverse harem with Kitty Pryde as the main character.

I liked the movies at first when I first saw them but except for First Class (not including Mystic though), I slowly started to despise them, especially The Last Stand *headdesk* although Kelsey Grammer is the greatest squee moment evar! See, Storm and Wolverine have always been my favorite (and secret OTP ^_^) and the movies really butchered Storm's character and made Logan a tad on the whiny emo side. And wah da hell did they do to Angel!?!?!?!!?

I can't explain it all without going into full-on geek ranting mode but trust me, once you start reading the comics or watching the old cartoons, you will slowly start to hate the movies too.

My sister is the one who is really suffering though. At least I get to see my OTP hugging in the third movie but my poor sister has always been a die-hard Rogue/Gambit fan and just compare this video to what you've seen between Rouge and Bobby in the movies Le Clicky Gambit barely makes an on screen appearance too, his role in Origins is very, very small.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Agent Mallard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 am
I LOVE X-MEN. I used to watch the cartoons as a kid and then I started watching the movies as they came out. I was disappointed with the third one and was left unsatisfied and still hungry for MORE X-Men (even after rewatching all the old cartoons) so when I moved to Virginia, my best friends then boyfriend, lent me all his X-Men comics so I could continue to feed my addiction. Gambit is by far my favorite X-Men, which is the only reason I liked Origins. I actually really loved First Class and not just because James McAvoy is in it. I try to watch the movies, just as movies though. Like, I don't think about how these characters exist in other stories in comics and such, that are much better. So that makes me enjoy them much more! (:  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 am
But you have to admit Hugh Jackman as Wolverine = YEAH BABY! TAKE THAT SHIRT OFF! TAKE IT ALL OFF!!! emotion_jawdrop emotion_drool emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira heart 4laugh heart 4laugh

*ahem* sorry... but I've had a massive crush on Hughie since I saw him in "Kate and Leopold".  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

chesiregirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:06 pm
Gigi Deveraux
But you have to admit Hugh Jackman as Wolverine = YEAH BABY! TAKE THAT SHIRT OFF! TAKE IT ALL OFF!!! emotion_jawdrop emotion_drool emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira heart 4laugh heart 4laugh

*ahem* sorry... but I've had a massive crush on Hughie since I saw him in "Kate and Leopold".

Well, I've seen Wolverine now, so I can say that I DID like Gambit, but the movie in general I wasn't a big fan of. The only character I was a big fan of was Gambit (the rest are just MEEEEH) and he wasn't in there enough. I like X2, Last Stand, and First Class because there are characters I adore in there (Pyro and Banshee) but Wolverine was just...kinda boring, to be honest.
Oh definitely, his hotness makes the tediousness and confusion that comes in Origins: Wolverine a bit more tolerable. ;D I have a newspaper article cutout and tacked to my wall with a giant picture of him on it.
Though I think Aaron Stanford as Pyro is always the hottest to me smile It's a shame Stanford didn't keep his hair blonde, he looked HOT like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:19 pm
xena91388

i love you so much right now, i didn't think anyone else knew or even remembered that cartoon. i was glued to it every night when it came on, i still remember the theme music and half the opening animation at least.

and i agree, Gambit's roll in Origins was far too small, i was glad he showed up at all but that was kind of sadening  

StrayKit

seriouslymulder

Garbage Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm
I have to say the movie I liked most was X-Men: First Class. I wasn't a very big fan of X-Men: The Last Stand. I liked the other three X-Men movies better than The Last Stand but less than First Class. Also, Origins has left me demanding Marvel to make a Deadpool movie.
I can't wait for the sequel to First Class, apparently it's scheduled for a release on July 18, 2014.

Favorite (movie) characters: Magneto, Wolverine, and Mystique
Favorite (cartoon) characters: Rogue, Gambit, Storm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 am
I've seen all the movies, and I love them all for different reasons. I'm currently impatiently waiting for Deadpool's movie.

Sure, none of them are really very faithful, but when you really look at the comic books, there are so many alternate universes going on that it's hard to keep everything faithful to begin with.

Origins is probably the least faithful, but I feel that everyone did an amazing job with the train wreck of a script they were working with. I personally adored Leiv Schriber's Sabertooth and Ryan Reynolds was perfectly Deadpool.

Though, my heart belongs to Taylor Kitsch's Gambit. He was so sexy with the Cajun accent and the leather jacket. I know that there were problems, but not in his performance. Plus, the man did all of his own stunts and had his thumb cut open for the part, so in my book, he's golden.  

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

chesiregirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:10 pm
xena91388
lol welcome to the fandom. I'm actually an old school fan. I got introduced to the series through the old Fox cartoon (look it up some time, it's really good and that's where the movie got it's theme songs) and from there I checked out the comics. I actually read all the old ones starting with issue #1 and they're really awesome but if you want, there are actually a couple manga versions of X-Men, the most recent is an overly shojo reverse harem with Kitty Pryde as the main character.

I liked the movies at first when I first saw them but except for First Class (not including Mystic though), I slowly started to despise them, especially The Last Stand *headdesk* although Kelsey Grammer is the greatest squee moment evar! See, Storm and Wolverine have always been my favorite (and secret OTP ^_^) and the movies really butchered Storm's character and made Logan a tad on the whiny emo side. And wah da hell did they do to Angel!?!?!?!!?

I can't explain it all without going into full-on geek ranting mode but trust me, once you start reading the comics or watching the old cartoons, you will slowly start to hate the movies too.

My sister is the one who is really suffering though. At least I get to see my OTP hugging in the third movie but my poor sister has always been a die-hard Rogue/Gambit fan and just compare this video to what you've seen between Rouge and Bobby in the movies Le Clicky Gambit barely makes an on screen appearance too, his role in Origins is very, very small.

Hey there! Just wanted to give you a little update: a LOTTTT has changed since I made this thread. I'm absolutely in LOVE with Evolution and have watched the whole series, and I watched the first episode of the original animated series. It was alright, I might watch more. I also want to check out "Wolverine and the X-Men". I've also seen Origins: Wolverine as well.
As for the comics, I want to start reading them, but I'm overwhelmed by the concept of diving into this immense universe with a thousand alternate verses and SO many characters and story arcs and yada yada. My sister's coworker suggested I start with just following the story arcs of my favorite characters, so I think I'll start following Pyro and Psylocke's stories. Now I just need to get to the comic store and hopefully get one of the first issues of each of them, and begin my journey into the world of the X-Men comics...  
17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games