Submit

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm
First things first, we rescued a homeless grey tabby cat, which was pregnant, and her 4 kittens right after she had given birth to them. We've had them for about 8 or 9 months now.

Anyway, today, me and my brother were in our rooms, then we both heard a weird growling sound. We both went to the kitchen and saw Sweet-Pea (the Mother cat) aggressively (for lack of a better word) rolling around all over the floor and curling up into a ball. And whenever one of the other cats would walk up to her, she'd bat at them aggressively. It looked like she was having a seizure, but I wouldn't know, since this is the first time I've ever had a pet. (Other than a fish... > > )

Anyway, my brother picked her up and held her until she calmed down, then I gave her some food and water, and she was perfectly normal after that.
This is the first time she's ever done that, so I'm pretty worried. She's never even growled like that before, in the time we've had her.

If anyone's got any idea what she was doing, I'd appreciate it. ^w^"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm
My cat Lily Rose also has these fits too. but she isnt attacking anything she just slobbers alot and shakes until i get her calmed down .
i would take your cat to a vet to have her checked out. i hope that she gets better .  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

imderanged

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:46 pm
It does sound as if it could have been a seizure. I have an epileptic dog and I've witnessed a cat have seizures when I worked at the Vet. If she not in distress now I don't think you need to run her to the Emergency Vet, but I would call and make an appointment with your regular vet. When my dog had her first seizure we rushed her in but they told us that once the seizure was over there's not much for them to do, and to see her regular vet to get blood work...We did and the blood work all came back OK, so the doctor said that for the time being we would just wait and see ... sometimes they never even have another seizure ... but if they became more frequent we could give her medicine. She had a few more seizures and we started her on phenobarbital ( I think Valium is the drug of choice for cats) and she hasn't had one since smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 am
How is the cat doing now? has she had anymore seizures?  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items