Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
End of the world. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 am
People will always freak out about the weather for some reason or another. Recently I've been hearing complaints/worries about the solar flares and how OMG IT'S A SIGN OF THE END.
However, we had much worse solar flares in the early 2000s. (I forget what year)
So basically, all the information and crisis is relatively subjective. There will always be a doomsday prophet walking the streets no matter how wonderful the world may be, and always an optomist in the gloomiest of times.

But I agree that the weather is really weird for March in my area. But I'm like whatever, it'll pass. I just hope summer isn't way hotter than normal too.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:00 am
the only thing i havent liked abou tthis year was the very warm winter we had, i didnt get enough snow to go out and play in, just a flurry and thats it. im expecting summer to be super hot.

as for the end of the world, it will get here when it gets here, no point in making a big fuss about it  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Peanut_Butter_Sandwhich

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:18 pm
I know I'm looking forward to 2013.

Even though the weather is weird around by me. I don't think it's a sign of the "end". Actually, I highly doubt the world will end for another million years or so. By then the human race would have wiped itself out and I will be dead already. So, nothing for me to worry about really.

I don't believe what the Mayan's said was true. Especially since they were some ancient civilization that made a calender. Anyone can make a calender and say that the world will end on a certain day.

Besides everyone thought the world would end in 2000. And some guy predicted that it would end last year. But it didn't. So, I'm not worried about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 pm
Nature will decide when our time is up, not humans.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Stars Flying

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:01 pm
I know many of you already said this, but if the world ends, then it ends. It might be a big deal, but it’s useless to waste time worrying since no one can do anything about it.

It also bothers me when people feel the need to throw huge parties and get drunk right before the world is supposed to end. Personally, I think life is meant to be enjoyed every day, not treated like a long prison sentence that ends with a blowout party. With that said, celebrating life is a good thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 pm
I live in southern California, and the weather here is always weird. Although this year it has been a bit more weird than usual. It was hailing and snowing Sunday.

As far as all this doomsday stuff goes, I don't believe it. There has been no scientific evidence that any of the theories or ideas or prophecies of the world ending are in any way credible. But, it is still fun to make the occasional joke about it XD  

Khaz-Keeper of the Dawn

Desirable Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers