Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Top Hat Gang

Back to Guilds

Have a tophat? Join us 

Tags: tophat, yosoydame, Jesus, clothing, random 

Reply ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Contests ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Banner Slam ~~~~~~~~~~
The Easter Slam, 100k!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yosoydame
Captain

Fashionable Entrepreneur

9,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:31 pm
so yea here it is, post anything Easter Related, ANYONE CAN WIN inside or outside the guild... but only people inside the guild can post so... duh? So i'll ask you a few questions to help get you started:
1: what does Easter mean to you?
2: have you ever hunted for Easter eggs? why and what'd ya think of it? Paint them too?
3: what is your favorite part of easter? [i bet its the candy]
4: What should the color of Easter be? What emotion should be involved with Easter?
Understand a little bit here? just be as awesome as you can with this and you'll get 100k biggrin

Note: a default winner [meaning only one person posting] gets an automatic prize of... well 100k.... duh?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 am
Owh easter how i love it gaia_kittenstar not just the candy and the bunny, but its the day Jesus rose from the dead after sacrificing himself for our sins, let us go to church on Easter day.. gaia_crown  

Nina Namikaze
Crew

imperfectmess

8,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 am
Easter is the day Jesus rose from the dead. Easter means many things to everyone. Some enjoy the day by making Easter baskets and searching for eggs. Where for others take this day to celebrate the day that Jesus came back alive and brought many hope. As for me i enjoy Easter by morning church and telling the story all over again.We also enjoy the other half as well by boiling the eggs and painting the eggs. While the kids and women paint the eggs the men go out and hide Easter eggs filled with many treats and coins for the kids. The best part of the day is sharing the word about Jesus and sharing it with the family.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:02 pm
1.easter means alot to me... to me it means being with the family and friends that you love. Also Easter is the day we remember how god sacrificied himself for us. Easter is also when we can stuff our mouths full chocolate until we feel sick lol :3

2.When i was small my parents would always hide eggs around my house and i would always try to find them but there was always one i never could find lol. i still paint eggs i like colorful things lol. Ester is actually really fun though... my older cousin dresses up as the easter bunny for my little cousins its actually really funny.

3. well my favorite part of easter is when my cousin dresses up as a giant fluffy bunny, the candy, and of course when we all sit down as a family and eat ._. my family isnt normal lol wealways joke around.

4. In my opinion the colour of easter should be a Pastle Green because it reminds me of spring and it also makes me feel happy and its a really nice and soft colour. During easter there should be alot of laughing just like any other holiday and should be spent with family as well.

o3o wow i wrote alot  

I3ubblez

Newbie Noob

4,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200

ll-x_PaNdA-F0Sh0_x-ll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:47 pm
yosoydame
so yea here it is, post anything Easter Related, ANYONE CAN WIN inside or outside the guild... but only people inside the guild can post so... duh? So i'll ask you a few questions to help get you started:
2: have you ever hunted for Easter eggs? why and what'd ya think of it? Paint them too?
4: What should the color of Easter be? What emotion should be involved with Easter?
Understand a little bit here? just be as awesome as you can with this and you'll get 100k biggrin

Note: a default winner [meaning only one person posting] gets an automatic prize of... well 100k.... duh?

well.. easter means to me about me and my famly and oter relatives hanging out together and having fun ! yes i have hunted for easter eggs before on a church activity and yes i had lots of fun doing it ! my favorite part of easter is hanging with friends and family and juz laughing all together. I wud say that color of the eastern now is fine the way it is coz I tink the people whoever decided of the color of easter had a understandable reason for it why the color of it is the way it is !  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:11 pm
The most important and oldest festival of the Christian Church, celebrating the resurrection of Christ.

yeah, i went to the easter hunt thingy; found 1 egg that i painted. i thought it was difficult to find the eggs ._.'' (they're all painted camo or green-ish or brown color) i found the one i painted... >_<

watching other ppl finding the eggs to give it to their kid

any color that expresses your personality (beside green nor brown)
emotion part shud be happyness b/c this is kinda the day when jesus christ was revived. biggrin

my first time doing something in the clan, instead of donating wink  

Unnamed_Newbie
Crew

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

daddy legs

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:00 pm
1) Easter to me, means joy. I don't do much but hide eggs for my little brother and make him find it. It's really entertaining when you say theres 14 of the eggs but there's only really 13 eggs yea, you know what happens from there on. I really like those peeps that are shaped like bunnies, those I enjoy so much. Easter is just a memory but a happy one.

2)I really never got to hunt Easter eggs except that one year when my sister bought some. My parents aren't very good with holidays, the fact that they don't know English doesn't really help.

3) Easter should be those cute pale versions for every color except brown, grey ,and black. It's just s cute. Easter should be happy so all I can think of it c; <--
It is what I kind of do all day. c; Smile.

Easter is a fun holiday, and when I have kids I hope they can have a great Easter with dyeing eggs and hunting them and eating candy and peeps and sit there and be happy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 am
lol "Something Easter Related" XD **see? smile i literally posted Something Easter Related biggrin i win biggrin <3 lol XD but no really though ^^ i remember celebrating easter with my family smile dying the eggs many different colors by dipping them into watery dyes using that weird little wire spoon thingy xD :3 and then later on going out to the big backyard to go find the eggs we painted smile i think i recall whoever got the most eggs won a prize like a giant Chocolate Bunny C: but i could never finish them in one sitting XD too much chocolate >w< lol **yeah, i kinda won frequently lol XD but good times good times biggrin Happy Easter everyone ^^ God bless you all biggrin --lol btw, my tophat today is an Air Fluff biggrin  

MasutaKokoBot
Vice Captain

Blessed Genius

14,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200

yosoydame
Captain

Fashionable Entrepreneur

9,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:13 pm
come on everyone post post while you can, easter is this sunday! After Easter, this slam is closed!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:59 pm
1: What does Easter mean to you?
To me, Easter meant pulling suits out of closets and placing baskets of flowers by the alter, fingers stained with dye and lots of hard-boiled leftovers, finding pennies in egg-shaped containers, and finding that last "lost" egg a month later in the strangest places. It also means searching for hours to find the coconut bunny cake recipe, because it's like, a thing that we absolutely must make coconut bunny cake every year.
Now Easter means praying to stay safe as I travel, staying up past midnight on a Saturday sorting loose change, chasing down cousins to wash behind ears, teaching hymns and piano chords, seeing family gather together and realizing the love we all share.

2: Have you ever hunted for Easter eggs? Why, and what did you think of it? Did you paint them too?
We've always had three separate rituals pertaining to eggs. The night before my parents and I would dye hard-boiled eggs and write messages on them in crayon. I'd go to sleep and in the morning I'd wake up to find a basket for collecting them in the corner, then run out after church to figure out where they'd gone. I had a lot of fun, but the Easter bunny was too good at hiding them! I always had to ask my mom or dad if they could help me-- Lo and behold, they always knew where to look.
I had a lot of fun because there would be a few cents or some Skittles in each egg and they made a funny noise when I shook them. Then in the afternoon we'd have a family get-together and all the kids would run out to find the eggs in the backyard, even when it was snowy. Then we'd all try to eat as much candy from the eggs as we could until we got sick of the sugar (and by that time it was time to go home anyway).
I would like to add that last year was my first time having a Peep. It was florescent pink and I could practically feel my teeth rotting as I ate it. 3nodding I think this time I'll stick to cake.

3: What is your favorite part of Easter? [I bet its the candy]
No, I'd have to say my favourite part of Easter is the flowers. Girly of me, I know, but its pretty much the only time of the year that there are so many kinds everywhere. Crocuses, roses, daffodils, and in all kinds of colours. My church usually makes a big cross out of flowers and sets it out front on Easter morning so everyone knows there are services being held. We always bring home a pot of Easter lillies for the mantle.

As far as I'm aware the traditional colours of Easter are white and gold, with white being the dominant colour.
However, I've always thought of it as being more blue. Around this time of the year we'd always read a book about a little rabbit who wanted to be the Easter bunny but needed shoes so he could run fast enough. He got the shoes in the end (which makes me happy <3 ), and in the meantime painted a really fantastic egg that was a nice, deep blue with all kinds of polka dots and squiggles on it. That's the colour I think of when I think of Easter. Funnily enough, it upsets me when any of the other colours aren't pastels, because it seems like a pastel sort of season otherwise.

I think Easter should be associated with happiness because it's the thing to say and everybody's happy because Jesus rose from the dead &ct. No, not really. I've always felt a mix of emotions on Easter-- happiness being one of them for many obvious reasons, but sadness too. First of all, it's the only time of the year besides Christmas that many people even bother to celebrate in this manner, and some people I know don't bother to celebrate or worry about other things throughout the whole time because they just can't let go of their worries. For another thing, it reminds me that I'm not a child anymore, because now I'm the one who magically knows where the eggs were hidden. But I also believe that it is a day to celebrate and have fun and rejoice in the anniversary of Jesus' rising.
Happy Easter, everyone!

Ohai thar. I'm not lurking this time~
I kind of spam things when I'm excited so this is a long post and I apologize D: /goes back to corner

haggardbat
Crew

Invisible Phantom

0NaraShikamaru

18,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:04 pm
yosoydame

1.) Whenever I think about Easter, I think of Jesus and how he died on the cross for us. I just finish reading the first 3 chapters of John, where people thought that John the Baptist was Jesus. John was testifying about Jesus Christ and who He is.

2.) I hunted eggs when I was little and I use to win against the other kids. (That includes the money and candy stuffed eggs. I thought that it was fun. Now I'm doing egg hiding. I use to paint eggs, but now I'm boiling them and just eat them.

3.) My Fave part about Easter is candy, well, chocolates (dark chocolates are healthier... with almonds). I like the Cadbury eggs. I also like to learn more about Easter and spend time with family. My church is having an Easter Sermon this Sunday (Well it started this past Thursday to this Easter Sunday). The service times for this Easter Sunday are 9:15AM, 11:15AM, 4PM, and 6PM. You can check it out on the church's web site, which is http://newspring.cc/

4.) Well, I believe that Easter should be any good color. Mainly baby and or bright like colors. Easter should be a happy emotions.

http://newspring.cc/  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 am
thats a wrap, its now up for judging. there will be no late submissions, Good work people smile I like these entries!  

yosoydame
Captain

Fashionable Entrepreneur

9,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Contests ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Banner Slam ~~~~~~~~~~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers