Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Out of the closet!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:36 pm
so thanks to my brother constantly calling me a bisexual, mum finally cornered me and made me answer her out right why.
Now this is the woman who ignored me for three days the first time i told her then a few weeks later said said that if i liked girls she didnt want to have anything to do with it or even know anything about it.
So of course i'm freaking out like wth do i do? Do i tell her or go with the lie i just pulled outta thin air?
Well i'm proud to say that i didn't lie. I told her flatout(again) i was bi. Though technically i'm not, i'm not going to picky about labels with her.
She responded with two things. Both of which pissed me the hell off.
1: okay. Really??? All that s**t last year and okay?!?!
2: how do you know you're bi? How do i know i'm not asexual? I hate that question. It's retarded. Like, you see other people everyday whether in person or not, come on!

Anyway, i know i should be like relieved, but i'm not. I'm pissed, nervous, and really self-concious. I can't help but worry at minute she's gonna blow up at me x.x oh and sorry for the long post/rant/tirade.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:37 pm
I'm happy you came out! but give your mommy some time to cool some steam off, after all most parents were born in the year when "gay" was wrong "straight" was right.
I'm sure she'll come to her senses and support all the way  

aleceil

Beloved Friend

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 pm
aleceil
I'm happy you came out! but give your mommy some time to cool some steam off, after all most parents were born in the year when "gay" was wrong "straight" was right.
I'm sure she'll come to her senses and support all the way
Lol thanks, i hope so. Cuz eventually i gotta clear up that i'm not exactly bi xd
Am not mad at her anymore, what she did last year still stings, but it's the past, she don't remember, so i'll do my best to not hold it against her.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 am
i know when i came out i came out to my mom, my step dad, and my father. now i expected my mom to be cool about, know wat she said "ur not bi, ur gay u always have been since u where a kid and i knew all along" i was thinking wait wat? thanks for not telling me and how do you explain me having sex with a girl ad liking it? i didnt kno wat to think :/
i told my father over the phone b/c he lived far away. and all he said was "NO!" that was it
now i feared telling my step dad the most because all through my childhood he would pick on gays and lesbians and watnot, i didnt stop worrying to realize that he is the kinda guy that if he thinks u as a person is cool then he will pick on u, it is his way of saying ur cool. he was the person looked up to the most so i feared loosing his support. when i finally came out to him he said "why u so scard to tell me? u know u can tell me anything. i dont care if ur gay, bi , or watever; u r still my kid." that right there made me feel better for being me and it still does to this day >///< right after that he joked "just dont bring a bf over and be all up in his buisness making out and wat not in my house."

now i am 22 (i came out 2 years ago) and now i lve with my homophobic father and his side of the family. (long story there)  

unit01testtype

Invisible Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 am
My mom went on a 'rant' when I told her that I am bisexual. A 'good' rant though. She told me that every healthy person should experience some bisexualness throughout their life. And that after I have sex I will know which I prefer. I knew that she wasn't going to be negative...... but this had not been what i was expecting.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 am
^lol nice. I gave a similar speech to a friend when she came out to me cuz she seemed so nervous bout it.

@unit yeah i've heard that a lot of gay/les people who come out and there's people all like "we've known forever" and they responded just like you. Why didn't you tell me?!? XD it's hilarious. Understandable, but hilarious lol  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:16 am
That's great you came out! And even better that you're proud of it!
I would say let her steam off some, she may be upset because you didn't tell her, she may just be against gays, or she may just need some time.
I know the situation with my mother, is she wants me to be her little girl, but she doesn't want her little girl liking other girls. That's the issue with my mom. I'm not sure if she'll get over it, but the best thing to do is just sit down and try and solve the issue, maybe ask why she's so upset about it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 am
Good job coming out but your mom should love you for who you are....  

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

unit01testtype

Invisible Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 am
BSPBleach
^lol nice. I gave a similar speech to a friend when she came out to me cuz she seemed so nervous bout it.

@unit yeah i've heard that a lot of gay/les people who come out and there's people all like "we've known forever" and they responded just like you. Why didn't you tell me?!? XD it's hilarious. Understandable, but hilarious lol

lol it is now looking back at it. but if my mom really did know then she could have saved me ALOTTA inner turmoil.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 am
I'm glad you told us this and sorry you had to come out in a horrible sisuation. You can always vent here and find comfort here.  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:33 am
I know Shadow Ra, why i love you all 3nodding

@bodacious shinigami, i wish i could ask. really. i've tried once or twice in my roundabout way that gets my answers from her, but she honestly doesn't see how she treats me and my sexuality. she thinks she treats it totally normal and doesn't even remember the conversations we've had where she......eh not quite insults gay. i've wondered several times if i could have imagined it all maybe, but my brother was there once and tells me i didn't. so......i wait. and wait. and when she's in a more agreeable mood (or i'm able to hide somewhere XD ) i'll attempt yet again. lol.

btw, sorry for the late response. and the rambling. my touch died the day before we left for germany so i haven't had any gaia crying  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games