Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
God help me...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Penny for your thoughts?
  Steals a penny!
View Results

Pink Slowpoke

Liberal Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:19 am
I feel so freaking messed up right now.

I was so sure I was alright, I was so confident that I was still a good person.
Then I came out to my priest as gay and ever since I feel so messed up,

just F**k!

Basically I've been told the only way I can be a good person is if I become celibate, and that means the only way I am being a good person is if I give up my boyfriend. That's what would have happen, because I could never ask him to become celibate for me, it wouldn't be fair and I would never wish that on him.
I don't want to break up with him, and I won't. Of that (at least) I'm certrain, I love him and my faith won't part me from him.

But my whole life so far has been lived believing that I've been a good person. I try my hardest to be a good person and a good friend, and I'll be the first to admit I haven't been able to succeed all the time. But dammit I try, and now I'm being told no matter how I live my life I'm a sinner. I'm a bad person.

Just makes me feel s**t.

I know I'll feel better when I see my boyfriend again, when I can hug him in a few weeks time and he'll tell me I'll be alright.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm
Following religion as your source of morality at this point will only hurt your psyche. Follow your own sense of morality rather than that of your religion. It's okay to be religious, but use it as a supplement rather than an all-encompassing thing: no matter what you believe, it's only as good as your own sensibilities. It sounds like you're a good person already. Your sexuality will not change that.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Mystic Requiem

Eloquent Fairy

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm

The church is always gonna try to burn you because you have a boyfriend. If your priest tries to tell you that you're any worse, tell him that you being honest with yourself is more important than covering up who you are.

You're still a good person. Who you love doesn't change anything. Don't ever think less of yourself. The church is INCREDIBLY behind when it comes to what's moral and all that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:32 am
Thanks for the responses guys.
I appreciate them, I realize it's not an easy issue to leave advice for.
Having a few days to think I've come to a couple of conclusions, the foremost that just because someone says that I'm a bad person doesn't make it so.
Also, that I should never stop trying to be a good person, and I shouldn't do it because my faith says I should, I should strive to be a good person no matter what because it's the decent thing to do.

Thank you Le Scratch & Mystic Requiem

Pink Slowpoke

Liberal Man-Lover

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas