Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sanctuary~ (Under Construction)

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for our family only... To escape to sanctuary... 

Tags: Sonic, Roleplay, Family, Sanctuary, Kingdom 

Reply Welcome to the Ice Kingdom!!
Questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WritingWithLove
Vice Captain

Bashful Sweetheart

8,500 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:41 pm
This is a place where, if you so desire, you can ask questions about RP-ing that our highly-trained team of part-time semi-professionals will attempt to answer! wink  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:00 pm
Yes, any question you may need answered will be dealt with by our highly-trained team of monkeys.
User Image  

Uncle Sciz
Vice Captain

Hilarious Reveler

WritingWithLove
Vice Captain

Bashful Sweetheart

8,500 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:45 pm
*drives the ROTFL-Copter rofl *
But seriously people, ask! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:40 pm
-raises hand- I would like some additional help on the explanation of detail in my posts to avoid one liners!  

The Jolly Victini
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

WritingWithLove
Vice Captain

Bashful Sweetheart

8,500 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:53 pm
Thank you for raising your hand, young man! *puts on reading glasses* Well, let's get started!
What I do to avoid one-liners is to find something- anything- in the previous post that I can build upon. If there's a question that needs to be addressed, I give a little background about it from the person's P.O.V.
Example: "Want to go get some pizza?" asked Louis.
Can be changed to: "Want to go get some pizza?" asked Louis. He hadn't eaten since this morning, and he was starving. Waffles were great, but after a while, he wanted something fresh.

Responses are generally easy. Just do the same thing.
Example: "Sure!" replied Sarah.
Can be changed to: "Sure!" replied Sarah. She had wanted Louis to ask her out for a while now, and she wondered whether or not this was his attempt at a romantic date. She had imagined a candle-lit dinner, but pizza would do.

If you're really stumped, take a break for a while and come back to it. Some thing will pop-up eventually!
So, in summation, add emotions and memories that come along with what's being said, add details to details, and take a break!
I hope that wasn't too confusing. sweatdrop
Any questions?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 am
Yeah, I think so. Could I have a practice prompt?  

The Jolly Victini
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

WritingWithLove
Vice Captain

Bashful Sweetheart

8,500 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 am
Hm, all right! Lemme think...

Joshua searched around his room frantically, ignoring the friend he had invited over. "C'mon," he muttered as he looked under his bed for the fiftieth time, "it's gotta be here somewhere!" He turned to his friend and asked, "You're sure you haven't seen my lucky baseball cap?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:16 pm
"Erm..." Kyle wracked his brain, thinking of every possible place it could be. He hadn't seen it since yesterday, but he never noticed until now. Suddenly, it hit him. "Oh! I know! It must still be outside on the table by the pool! You took it off to go swimming, remember?" he said.  

The Jolly Victini
Vice Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

WritingWithLove
Vice Captain

Bashful Sweetheart

8,500 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:26 pm
"Oh! Right!" Joshua exclaimed, grabbing Kyle's arm and dragging him outside. Sure enough, it was right where he said it would be! He donned his cap and sighed with relief. "Finally! Now we can get to the school baseball game on time!" he cheered. He looked to Kyle and asked, "We've gotta get a bite to eat first, so where do you wanna go? Mickey-D's is just down the street, or we can hit-up that new sandwich joint around the block!"
Joshua smiled, loving the fact that all of the cheap restuarunts were convenitently placed around his neighborhood.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:02 pm
So I'm working on a character to get involved in the sonic RPs and was wondering if it would be acceptable to use a picture for my character that is not in the sonic style?and if so, how far can I deviate?  

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Uncle Sciz
Vice Captain

Hilarious Reveler

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:29 pm
Don't worry about that at all, trust me. The representation I use for my main character is completely different from anything Sonic.

partly because i can't draw sonic characters for s**t but that's besides the point  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:49 pm
So now that I have a character for the sonic rp world, can I jump right in or would it be more correct to set up something to establish my character?

also I have an idea for an RP that I think you all might find interesting. has anyone heard of the web comic lackadaisy cats?  

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Uncle Sciz
Vice Captain

Hilarious Reveler

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:11 pm
Either of the two are fine.

As for the webcomic, I don't believe I've heard of it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 pm
Alright thanks for clearing that up for me.

nd as for lackadaisy, the story follows the hijinks of a group of rum runners and the owners of a speakeasy in prohibition era America. the thing though is every character is a anthropromorfic cat.

the idea for the rp would be the characters have a business of there own to run and have to deal with all of the tomfoolery that arises

if you would like to read the comic itself just Google lackadaisy cats.  

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
Welcome to the Ice Kingdom!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items