Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Politics and Debates
LEGOs for Girls Upsets Feminists

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LEGOs for Girls?
  Awesome Idea!
  Terrible Idea!
  Mixed Feelings
View Results

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:52 pm
I found this article and wanted to see what everyone else thinks? In my opinion, the feminist group is just being childish. I grew up playing with all sorts of legos, and I don't think there's anything wrong or offensive about offering sets that are more girly. I mean everyone should be able to enjoy legos, so it's nice the company is making sets to appeal to both genders. And so far, it seems like the parents and kids like them, since the article said they're selling well. I just don't get the fuss. It's like the feminist group is trying to make something that's suppose to be fun for children more of an adult-like issue, if that makes any sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:51 pm
I read that article, or one similar to it, a long time ago - it was rather interesting.

If anything it does create more of a diversity amongst Legos, maybe creates more of a binary seperation but diverse nonetheless. The only thing I really would have against it is the human version within the girl's Legos. Would they be creating the same thing for boys? (Similar style)

In a sense it almost looks like they took a version of Polly Pocket and put it into Lego form lol.

The other thing is... the features are more distinct into feminine it seems. It then leads to question such as: what all exactly becomes interchangeable? Will what is being changed still promote a sense of femininity over masculinity? In a sense promote a gender segregation and continue gender stereotypes? Since they also changed how the human form looks, will it promote an ideal thinness?

Since they're creating a girl's version, do you think that they will also create a boy's version? Or perhaps modify Legos in general?

(What will happen in the next episode?!)  

FauxZombie

meligoth666

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 pm
This is an add way before the feminist movement ever thought of going ballistic to LEGOs.

Lego ad

If you do not like it, then do not buy it that is how it works.

Although I did like Pepsi Clear with my vodka =P

Meli-Zilla  
Politics and Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces