Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire Island

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampire, Demon, Role Play, Fantasy, Literate 

Reply Elven Realm
Historical Library (part of kings castle)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 pm
User Image

The walls are lined with books from floor to ceiling and special cases protect even older scrolls unrolled for easier reading. They cover every subject of the Elves History throughout time. It is a very long and rich history, understandably so.

This place is reserved for the historians or those needing to do research on one subject or such.

The only division to the room is by Race. Each Race of the Elves is divided from the others by special markers along the way.

Only one person can remove books or scrolls from this room, and Wren doesn't remove them on whim....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 am
User Image

As amity got to the library her jaw just dropped as her eyes went wide. This was like a dream come true for her. All this books held great wisdom in them and she was aloud to read them. smiling she did a happy little twirl before she entered more. She did not know where to start. There was so much she wanted to learn and know. Looking around she went and disseded to start with the realms history. She wanted to know who the first rulers where and who made the realm and why was it split to some many places. After getting a larger pile of books she went and sat down to began reading them and taking notes.  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After her short rest and cleaning of the dust of the road which was not much she moved down the halls she once remembering and thought destroyed after the great battle...."the cleansing".

the lady Eruraviel moved silent among the books; this place had been her once pride and joy. many of the books she had saved from being destroyed, or mended the ancient texts and scrolls her self. maybe its was just her way of hiding form her husband and the real problems with the realm. a realm she loved and missed and was so saddened that she could not stop the tyrant or mend his wrongs with her people.

She stumbled upon Amity who was surrounded by ancient texts and books. "seeking the wisdom of ages past child." she asked softly looking down and lifted up one of the scrolls to see if it had been one of the ones she had found and mended. She always left a seal on the scrolls if she had a small red and green rose intertwined.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 pm
User Image

Amity looked up from her notes and smiled. "Hello and yes" she said, "I very much love learning for there is so much that the world dose not know or has forgotten." Looking at her notes she closed her book and got to her feet. "sorry I forgot my manners" she said with a cursty, "I am Amity."

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eruraviel smiled warmly and gave a slight curtsy in return. "I am the Lady Eruaviel. There is much that has been forgotten , or clouded with myth. time...changes everything..even me. Most have forgotten the distant past. how this castle was built, who ruled it, who was the King, the golden ones...how the realm from many clans became great kingdom, and how it fell." she said replacing the scroll, and seated her self on a seat and gestured for Amity to seat next to her.
"seeking the wisdom of ages past at times can be enlightening but dangerous. goddess only knows how many times i went in search of a rare scroll, tome of ancient lore. oh..i remember this one" she said spying a rune covered tome slightly hidden under the pile. she took it gently out of the pile and brushed its binding slightly. "I mended this ages ago, when i was younger and my children..oh...my children..." she turned and wept slightly, hiding her tears with the green vale she wore. "oh forgive me,...amity do please forgive my tears. they where to much there fathers sons and it drove them..no the excepted it.. and they fell. all but one, yet i think he bare now the worse of it all." she said and turned to face amity. and touched her cheek slightly. and smiled sadly but with a fondness for this young elf who shared a secret passion for secrets lost to time.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:14 pm
User Image
Amity pulled a tissues out of her pocket and handed it to her smiling. "No need from time to time every one need to cry to let it all out. Holding so much in ones soul and body is unhealth" she said going to her notes, "I am still young and my mother says I am wise for my age but I have much to learn I think." she opened her notes and looked at all she was learning now and comparing then to what she learned from other books and stories. "All off us have some thing to bare...from king to farm...we are all the same and most bare with what the world gives us....now care to help me clean up a bit" she asked smiling.  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 am
Eruaviel took the tissue and dried her eyes, smiled a small wry smile. "thank you Amity. This is just one of the problems about the past. the past hurts at times. yes ill help you clean up and return the books to there places...i remember when this place was built..oh soo long ago" she said standing and beginning to take the books up and returning to them to there place. "so long ago,...before your time i am sure child. hmmm...you are studying the history of our people. the different clans correct? there is however one clan you will not find among theses books, there history. hmm i wonder...?" she paused a moment as she was placing a book back and finished placing it back she turned and looked to Amity. "Would you hear of the royal line? the Ar-Sereg?" she asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm
User Image
"O I would love to for I only heard stories and all the stories have been changed by those who told them...there is no truth to all of them but some have some truth" Amity said as she gathered books. She put them away where they belonged and would get to them later when she need them. "If you do not mind me asking...how old are you?" she asked. Amity know it was rude to ask that but she found people that where very much older had more to offer in history and words ow wisdom.  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:32 pm
Eruaviel gave a small smile and made a small gesture of putting her finger to her lips for silence and then gestured for Amity to fallow. Eruaviel wandered if it was still there though everything seemed unchanged from her last night here in the castle despite having seen the castle torn stone from stone and scorched by fire. they soon came to the upper level of the library ad she began to count shelves and then stopped at the 13th one. she went down it and stopped and waited for amity.

"all the books you see here in this library i had brought, or made, or sought after. and you will find everything you wish to know about evey clan but, my own...yes..i am of the royal line. Eru..my little Eru is now the King." she said and moved over to the middle of the shelve and placed her hands underneath it and pushed up. there was a solid click and then the lid of the hidden hole opened. Eruaviel gently reached in and pulled out a lather bound book that had the symbol of the twin roses wrapped around a single white tree. "my private writings. everything i know about my clan and the history of the rule of the first king of the realm, the man who united the clans to one kingdom. and made it fall. well now it seemed fate has made it so that we have a second chance..." she siad and moved to the window seat she often sat in to write. but now she was older and the history was past but she would pass it on to another.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 pm
Amity was shocked but all so happy. Her was some one she could ask questions from and get real answer to them and not just points and little mixed truths. "Your son will be a great king" She said smiling, "I just meet him but he seems wise and kind."

((gaaaaaaa))  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:04 am
Eruaviel smiled softly and patted the seat next to her. "I am glad you think so, but as you will learn he has alot to make up ..from his fathers..mistakes. you see when the first king was crowned he was not even born yet. it was in the last year of the kings rule that he came into this world. yet it seems he is the one who suffered the most. but anyway.. to the writings..." she said and opened the book. and began to read.

"The Elven Realms, a mess of waring States. Clan against clan, tribe against tribe. It was not like this at the start when the Golden eyed ones first walked under trees and created the first elves.

A small group of elves, members of all the clans who wanted peace. in secrecy speaking treason to each there own clan. Wanting peace they would do anything. In doing so they combined there magick, and formed form it a combination of power, tribe, clan, and magick...they created the Ar-Sereg race. Using the knowledge that they had learned from the Golden ones before there departing. A knowledge that was never ment to be used, but in there desperation was and so they created a new race.

The first a male; named: Dûrion(Doo-ree-on), and then his mate;
Eruraviel(Air-oo-rah-vee-ell). The first king of the elven realm, with his great might and power he united the elven realm under one banner, and so the realm grew.

Dûrion, and Eruraviel had three sons, Suiadan(Soo-ee-ah-dahn),
Thorontur(Thore-on-toor), and the last Eruaphadion(Air-oo-ah-fahd-ee-on)
The first two where like their father, strong and elves of great stature and magick ability's.

Dûrion as king after the unity of the kingdom grew power hungry and cruel.
taxes, and strife grew rampet under his rule as he used his magick for his own purposes and not the protection of his people. The small circle of elves that had created the race where killed by him so as to hide the truth of his beginnings. His two sons fallowed in his footsteps and made life for the realm dark.

After many years of such rulings, the kingdom fell once more in to rebellion though not against there selves but against the king and his rule.
Many, many elven warriors fell to his blade and magick. for he had none of there weakness. In there desperation they turned to there magick.
In secret, they called upon a golden one, the last of the golden ones for help. She told them of a curse they could use, since the king had dishonored, and regected all that he was meant to have done.

In the night of the fullmoon they set there working, As well as a final great battle and sage against the mighty castle.
That night at the height of the fullmoon, the battle went against the king as a circle of elves set there working and set upon the king and his bloodline a curse.

The King and his two sons where deep into the fight, with the body of many fallen warriors as they fell to there great magick and swords. The circle worked and then when the curse was complete fell dead, having given there lives to complete the working, and in donig so keeping the name and identity of the golden a secret and lost to time.In this last year of the rule of the king, did Eruaviel have Eru.

Eruraviel who did not fallow after her husband, took the baby Eruaphadion(Air-oo-ah-fahd-ee-on), and fled the sage and went into exil. Though the curse still landed upon the child. In exil the child grew with his mother. And every full moon since the time of the death of his father, and brothers does the attack of the blood curse come upon him."
she read to Amity and wrought in the last bits her self with a ink quell at hand. she looked up to amity with a small sad smile and laid the book open aside to let the ink dry.

"there is much more in that book about the peoples of this land, but i gave you the details of this clan that i now and have found. not much just the secret writings of a ..imprisoned wife to a trynt king. he..he never knew i wrought everything down ..but i am glad it survived the sage then again mayby its the magick of this place for i saw this castle.. fall, burn and rumble no stone was left in ruin. as to the rest of the history of me, and my child we lived in exile in the wilds of this land. in the north we came to a great forest and mountiness land. full of a magickal feeling. i swear the trees talked to themselves ..it sounded like wind moving in the leaves. some of the trees even moved. and walked. a strange magick , strange yet beautiful. we needed to find shelter for the night for a storm was coming. we entered the forest. great trees so big a gaint could not possibly touch the other side with a embrace. a group of hooded and cloaked men founded us. Eru was still a baby he could not fight off such things but i had a sword i took from the castle and i would have fought them off had i been stronger. but the goddess must have been watching for they meant us no harm. they took us to there great city. a hidden city.. but i want speak of it with out the kings permission, not Eru mind you but the king and his wife that came with me. you can see there guards on the walls even know " she said and pointed out the window to the figures of tall elven guards in gold armor and keen spears. "but in any-case they took us in, little Eru and the kings daughter grow up together, and Eru made friends with the many others of there kingdom. he grew in there language and culture. i told him little if any of his true line, only a little about his father and such. so he know vary little aoubt his own people. but i..i thought it would be best he did not grow up like his father ..not that i think now that i see he is grow that he would ever be like his father." she said and looked amlessly out the window.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm
User Image
Amity listened and was shocked she knew there was attack to over throw the family but she did not know of the curse. There was still much she need to learn but she was happy to have Eruaviel openly telling her all of this. "He can learn from his father's past and make his life and future as king great" she said, "every one must learn from the past to make a better future."  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 pm
"this i know and i have told him abit about his father and he made his dissension that he would never fallow after his father. " she said and closed the book an dheld it out to amity. "i will continue to added to this book and you may read from it when ever you want. or ask me. i will tell you everything anything you want to know." she said, then stood. "would you like to meet our savors? the king and his wife. and gestured to the door. "we can always return to our disuctions and sacred books." she said.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:04 pm
User Image
"I would very much love to meet them" amity said taking the book and hugging it too her. So much acknowledged was in there and so much she could learn and know. "plus I should see if my aunt and cuison have made it safely from the ice lands of the north" she smiled and led the way to the door and grabbed her note book as they went. She was over the moon right now and could not wait to tell her mother and Carroe what she learned.  

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:16 pm
she nodded and moved after amity to go find the king and his wife.
-next post will be in. the dining room-  
Elven Realm

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff