Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here.
  Have some gold.
View Results

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:09 am
Sigh...
According to Tektek, my current avatar is worth 733,061 gold. That sounded like a decent achievement to me, considering I have 11 items on and only need 4 more.
But then it says that my dream avi is a whopping 4,393,061 gold...that makes my current achievement look like nothing...ugh...playing Booty Grab is a long, long road that goes so slowly. It's how I've made the majority of my money, but I still need so much more...and this is AFTER I slimmed down my dream avi to make it a more realistic goal.
But, I mean, why should it take 3,660,000 more gold just to make
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. turn into User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.?
Ugh...Gaia can be such a pain sometimes...curse you Tink's Jealousy, Zodiacal, FMAB Winry Rockbell, and SDPLUS #303 O. Renji...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:27 pm
Don't you ever try the marketplace? That's how I make money. Buy low, sell high.  

Morwen Blackfyre

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 pm
Morwen_2
Don't you ever try the marketplace? That's how I make money. Buy low, sell high.

You make a decent amount of money doing that? When I put things high, nobody ever bought them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
Morwen_2

You make a decent amount of money doing that? When I put things high, nobody ever bought them.

I'm still learning, but yeah, I can make some profit. There's a lot to be said, but as an example, I try to make say 3-4k profit out of a 50-60k item, sometimes more. With expensive items you can make bigger profits if you lookl well. And just now I made 300k profit on selling sainte ciel: agape, which is probably my record... All because I bought super cheap in the exchange (which I just found out) and sold it in the marketplace for a much higher price!  

Morwen Blackfyre

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50

Morwen Blackfyre

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:09 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
Morwen_2

The trick is you set a higher price, but never much higher than the lowest listing, or it will take forever to sell. It takes time, patience and alot of browsing in the marketplace. try to find items that will give you a reasonable margin of profit, and don't forget the 2% tax. For me it's easier to keep an excel file where I do all the calculations, so I don't loose money. Before I buy something, I always check if i'm going to get a decent profit. I never do less than 1k profit for a 15-20k item. Since you have ten slots on your store, you can sell 10 items, and so on, and the gold slowly multiplies.
If you really wanna get serious, I recomend you read the following guide:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/500g-48-days-1-million-gold-guide/t.47261753/
I't lenghty, but worth the time. I'm not following every step, but there's good hints in there.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
Morwen_2

Oh, and don't forget the cash tree - free gaia cash for you to save up and buy those nice MCs or EIs or RIGs!  

Morwen Blackfyre

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
TekTek [[For All Your Avatars and Dreams]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items