Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Oh My Gold! Main Forum
SOOOOOO at this point I just wanna quit.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I used to like my job
  I still do but not there
View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm
I got food poisoning on the 11th of April so I was vomiting sick and couldn't stnad up. I called into work, seemed like a legit reason since I'm a cashier.

WELL they told me I have 4 call ins. Which didn't make sense to me cuz after 6 months your Absense/Tarty points 'roll over.' & they tolf me in Januray mine was to roll over in March. BUTTTTTTTTT NOOOOOOO. So I cannot call in till next year OR I'll get fired basicaly.

Even though they use that bullshit line, we'll its your choice.
What do you want me to do, come into work vomiting all over everyone and everything?
I don't call in UNLESS I'm ******** DEATHLY SICK.

It was just BS, the Asstant Mannager was like your one of our best cashiers, you show up when you are sappost to and do eveything we ask of you.

Yeah UNLESS I'm ******** SICK.

I like being a chasier but this place is just hostile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 pm
Well, geez! I wouldn't go sick either sad
If you're sick, you're sick, you can't really help it.. i mean, if they want you there vomiting all over the place then okay. XD  

TheCassMeow

Fashionable Nerd

7,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:34 pm
Mitsu_Lightning15
If you're sick, you're sick, you can't really help it.. i mean, if they want you there vomiting all over the place then okay. XD
AND the sad thing is even if I or anyone else went in sick and vomiting and got sent home it would still count against us for being sick.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:36 pm
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15
AND the sad thing is even if I or anyone else went in sick and vomiting and got sent home it would still count against us for being sick.

Wow, really?? That's really dumb.. i don't think it should be counted cause it's health problems..you know?  

TheCassMeow

Fashionable Nerd

7,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 pm
Mitsu_Lightning15
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15

Wow, really?? That's really dumb.. i don't think it should be counted cause it's health problems..you know?
Yeah but my place of employment is ******** stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:38 pm
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15

If you don't mind me asking, where do you work?? sweatdrop  

TheCassMeow

Fashionable Nerd

7,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:40 pm
Mitsu_Lightning15
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15

Walmart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 pm
Ah. I have a friend who works at Walgreens. She says it's the same thing. I think that large companies should definitely change that policy because it just isn't fair.  

thatgirlwholaughsalot

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:38 pm
thatgirlwholaughsalot
Ah. I have a friend who works at Walgreens. She says it's the same thing. I think that large companies should definitely change that policy because it just isn't fair.
It wasn't bad when I first started working there BUT its gone downhill and countines to do so.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:48 pm
La Bijou
thatgirlwholaughsalot
It wasn't bad when I first started working there BUT its gone downhill and countines to do so.

You shouldn't subject yourself to that kind of treatment.
If you want, you should quit.  

thatgirlwholaughsalot

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm
thatgirlwholaughsalot
La Bijou
thatgirlwholaughsalot

I'm thinking about putting in aplications elseware.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:04 pm
La Bijou
thatgirlwholaughsalot
La Bijou
thatgirlwholaughsalot

I'm thinking about putting in aplications elseware.

Good luck! smile  

thatgirlwholaughsalot

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Bee4Bird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:27 am
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15
La Bijou
Mitsu_Lightning15

Walmart
Walmart was like that (apparently still is) when I worked there. They don't give a crap about their employees because they know there is a line of people wanting jobs. When I call in sick, I don't want to be spreading what I have, or else nobody is coming to work! At my job, it requires a lot of mental alertness and if I'm feeling under the weather I have to be extra careful. I couldn't attempt to work at all if I was really sick (Like the week before last! I swear there is a serious virus going around!! :S).

I hope you are feeling back to your healthy self soon, if not already!! biggrin  
Oh My Gold! Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games