To help enable easier plotting, interplayer communication, and getting to know one another better, I've created an IRC chat channel on Espernet. IRC is a text-based chat network; it can be accessed in a number of ways, supports indefinite users, and doesn't eat memory.

The channel I've made is a public channel on Espernet: #tihchatter

How to get there:

• Mibbit - a web applet that requires no downloads, just Flash. Pick Esper out of the server dropdown, enter a nickname for yourself into the Nick field, and enter #tihchatter into the Channel field. Then hit connect. Booyah.
  • MIRC - One of the more widely used IRC client programs. Free, requires download and install. Versatile, but can be complicated if you're not sure what you're doing.
  • Trillian - This is my preferred IM program. It does IRC as well as AIM and a number of other IM and networking connections. Free, requires download and install.
  • Or just search "IRC client" or "web IRC" in Google to find other alternatives.

Frequently used commands:
  • /join - Used to get into a channel once you've connected to the network on an IRC client program - type /join #tihchatter
  • /nick - Used to set your nickname - type /nick mynamehere
  • /nickserv - If you want to register your nick so nobody else can use it, type /nickserv help into your console window or chat window for a list of commands
  • /me - Action command! Type /me action to output "*Nickname action" into the channel