8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:08 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬
╬╬╬ S o l o m o n ۩۞۩ K a n e ╬╬╬

Rarian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The old man was colored impressed. He hadn't realized that his friend was rather more versed in the art of cooking, than he was himself. "I'd say for pleasure. I'd rather know my guest, who is eating what I cooked, enjoys, and experience the depths of the flavor that I took tremendous effort into providing.." Solomon trailed off. The smell of the amazing food, still being cooked was starting to make his pallet wet. "Perhaps in a near by town, if there be one, we should collect on supplies too, and learn what we can." Solomon had a feeling to just expect the worst, for whatever may come, they need to be ready for it.
((So sorry to reply so late. Just finished moving to my new place. So i'll be back to responding on the daily. Again, supper sory))

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

A firm nod of agreement met the man's words and Max shifted forward, gently impaling the skewer of fish's blunt end into the ground in front of Solomon to eat at his leisure as his expression settled into one of satisfaction. It was a good answer, cooking was something anyone with a hint of wit could do but to make something taste appealing for the sake of others..? That, in the boy's mind, was where it went from mundane work to a true artform. " A meal made with patience and affection can say and do much more than words ever could. The act of eating is consistent through most species of creatures, learn to cook well and you can befriend most." Reaching down to retrieve his own skewer of fish the boy prodded the flaky skin gently, testing the meat with keen interest before digging in himself. It wasn't a familiar fish, the taste was far cleaner than what he normally could catch on the shores of his friend's home island and he liked the almost sweet flavor and the quality of it. That wiggling curiosity worked its way into his mind and Max slid his gaze around the clearing, realizing much of the world around them was the same... Clean, healthy, and lacking the pollution or decay that came with human-settled areas. It was a good place to gather materials, should he find the time later..

" You are calmer now, do you feel better?" It had occurred to him earlier, while cooking of course, that the energy coming off of his friend was far less negative than it had been the night before. He'd been told once that talking helped others relax though, to be honest, Max himself never really understood how. His teal gaze flickered over his friend's features as he nibbled the last bits of his meal, absently wiping his mouth with his sleeve with all the grace of a child as he added inquisitively. " Also.. what creatures would live in a place like this? Do you think they are edible?" If the fish had been this good then surely something born of red-meat would cook well too, it didn't seem to occur to him that it should matter if they could speak or not.

(( No worries at all, life comes first and I'm in no rush. ))  

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:47 am
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

Reaching forward to Max, as he handed him the freshly cooked meal, Solomon wasted no time, and dined in. It's ben a while since he had a nicely cooked fish. Usually he just breath fire on the animal he caught, and ate it charred, but he was also always in a rush as to not loose track of time, or be caught up in some creatures jaws. He was glad to hear his friend had such a positive affirmation towards cooking, and a part of Solomon, would like to see him obtain his goals. Even if he doesn't have any, or if it's just a task to perform, the old man felt that having someone supportive would help....right? It's been to long since he encountered another being who wasn't actively trying to kill or eat him, so he's a bit rusty on his social skills.

Hearing the question if there might be other animals in the forest, Solomon slurped up the end of his fish, and set the skewer down, taking a look around them as well. " Well, with this clean of a forest, so I'd assume deer, maybe even birds, rodents of all sorts.....fairies maybe more?" As he made the suggestions, his confidence dwindled, and it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself. The forest was all to quiet for his liking, and as much as he was enjoying just sitting around, Solomon stood with a disgruntled grunt, dusting himself off of dirt, and crumbs, before offering a gloved hand to his friend. "We should start heading out." He spoken calmly, as to not rise any worry.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:32 am
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

His gaze had been absently fixed on the faint glimmer of the golden fairy wings that had worked their way into the grass during the night, the discarded remains reminding him of the creature's flavor as his friend's hand appeared in his line of sight. Much akin to a dog in the simple faith of his reaction Max took the hand without hesitation, allowing himself to be pulled up as he pondered the man's words. Other fairies would be good, they seemed easy to catch at least.. But at the mention of leaving their camp the boy's head cocked to the side with obvious curiosity and a fair amount of excitement. Exploring beat fairy hunting, as food wasn't a pressing matter for them at the moment, and if they could find a witch then perhaps he could learn about cooking them too... " O---kay~" Smoothly, with a grace that belied his mellow manner, Max bent and retrieved the scalpel from where he had placed it by the fire before neatly tucking it into his left back pocket. It would have been a shame to leave it, given how useful it had been after it Solomon had yanked it out. He could honestly understand why the stranger had used it to stab him at the clinic given how easily it rent flesh.

Oblivious to the traces of crumbs, dirt, and blades of grass covering his clothing the youth reached up to his bound hair, absently combing the braid out with his fingers to let the silken teal strands free as his attention drifted towards the oddly colored lake again. " Want to follow the shore?" Animals, talking ones or otherwise, often settled on water banks for convenience.. It hadn't sank in for him yet that his companion was alert to something, he 'felt' the mild shift of concern but failed to grasp the immediate reasoning for the man's feelings. He knew Solomon's experience in the wilds was far greater than his own and the boy showed no signs of doubting his friend's choice for them to move on.. If anything the notion of exploring had him moving forward already; Max's penchant for wandering kicking in as he absently lifted his arms and folded his fingers behind his head as he walked. " Think it will be a big village first, Solomon? So many potential Witches, one of them will know something for sure..~"  

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:10 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

Hearing Max make mention about following the shoreline, Solomon looked over to the colored lake, he had a fair point. Usually, any streams be it ocean, lake, river or otherwise, usually leads to a town, or city, maybe even a small village. Every establishment needs water, or other resources to keep feeding the people, and keep them hydrated. Now, as to what kind of place they'll run into is another matter, one he hopes isn't going to cause any problems. "Great idea. Let's stick close to the banks, surely a town will follow suit." Looking left than right, now was a matter of which direction to head in, North or South? Solomon looked to his friend who hasn't caught on to his personal concerns yet. "Which way shall we take? Should we go up stream or down?" Even thought this old man has been venturing the large vast lands for years, it felt like it's time for a nice change of pace and ask for a different option in direction in which to go in. Regardless of which way they go, the sooner they get out of the forest, the better. A forest like this one, as healthy as it is, shouldn't be as still or as quiet as it is...It's possible a predator might be hunting nearby....or them specifically.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:20 pm
Vintag3Tacit

User Image

Maximum Hawthorn

" Maybe dow--- " The thought barely passed his mind and Max was turning away from the bank, his gaze fixated upon something in the brush with all the fickle interest of a feline. Something had moved... Unlike his companion, who knew to be cautious, Max was more curious than worried and even took a few steps as though intending to follow this new inquiry before catching himself with a firm shake of his head. Down stream.. Focus, focus, focus.. Stiffening his spine in a resolute fashion the boy flashed a lighthearted grin over his shoulder at Solomon, finishing what he had meant to say as he dutifully returned his course to following the steam steadily. " I want to explore this way."

* Exit *  

Rarian

Vice Captain

Aged Regular

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:05 pm
╬╬ L y u b i l ╬╬

Rarian

The old man smirked in the boy's direction. "Then that is the way we'll go." And without anything further, he followed. [EXIT]

Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff