Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
I had a dog that did this

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:39 am
User Image

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:35 pm
I had a Shih Tzu that would do that (her name was Meili) but she ran off one day and we never found her.

She would tear up everything when we were gone. Apparently dogs can get anxiety.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:37 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
I had a Shih Tzu that would do that (her name was Meili) but she ran off one day and we never found her.

She would tear up everything when we were gone. Apparently dogs can get anxiety.

Yeah, that was Ellie's problem too. She was a Boarder Collie, and we're pretty sure that she had separation anxiety. We'd be trying to leave for work or school, and she'd go nuts.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:51 pm
Impy Kun
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

Yeah, that was Ellie's problem too. She was a Boarder Collie, and we're pretty sure that she had separation anxiety. We'd be trying to leave for work or school, and she'd go nuts.

I don't think there was really much you can do about, though now I think there are some medications you can give them.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:35 pm
Our dog wasn't quite that bad. She would be so hyper and happy when we came home but she usually didn't destroy anything. I miss that dog.
RIP Channce March 2010.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:18 pm
This never happens cuz whenever we leave we tie our dog up....But now she is outside....she likes it and so do we....  

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 pm

That's horrible and adorable at the same time! I have a German shepherd, she extremely large for being one, and every time I walk to get the mail, I'll come back maybe a minute later, not even, and she's jumping all over me like I had been gone for years! So cute though~

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:24 pm
That would suck sweatdrop My boxer/pitt just jumps on you all the time just to have attention and my chiwawa/teacup chews ups wire when shes bored crying I had to buy alot of new things, but they don't mess things up that bad blaugh  

FangedNinjaKid5

Thieving Senshi

15,400 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 pm
I never have this problem b/c I dislike dogs. Though, I used to come home to piles of cat barf, so ya... kinda the same feeling...  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 am

That's horrible and adorable at the same time! I have a German shepherd, she extremely large for being one, and every time I walk to get the mail, I'll come back maybe a minute later, not even, and she's jumping all over me like I had been gone for years! So cute though~

Mo does something like that whenever we come home. He plods over, and then cries for about 10 minutes, like we left him alone for years, or something. xD Ellie was the dog who liked to destroy things when we left her be. She was a good dog other than that, but by God, she was a loon sometimes. xD  

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:24 am
Impy Kun

Mo does something like that whenever we come home. He plods over, and then cries for about 10 minutes, like we left him alone for years, or something. xD Ellie was the dog who liked to destroy things when we left her be. She was a good dog other than that, but by God, she was a loon sometimes. xD

Heh I love seeing dogs true personalities xD It's so cute, and strange to think something completely different from us can have similar personalities!
I wonder why your dog destroyed things though!

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games