Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[LOST CLANS] Yuzhi's Quarters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Immigration Papers
Halloween Immigration Form

• Name: Yuzhi Jiang
  • Race: Horseman
  • Former Clan: Conquest
  • Job: Scholar

Welcome to Halloweentown! You are cleared to enter the Lost Clans Sanctuary.
Please accept this coupon for a free step-ladder of your choice, redeemable at... The rest of the coupon has been torn off. The bar code is still intact, however the location of where you can redeem this at is a mystery.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:21 am

"Just... a little...closer."

01. Immigration
02. Table of Contents
03. About Yuzhi
04. Abilities
05. Those Known
06. An Opinionated Scholar
07. A History
08. Collected Tales
09. Faithful Companions
10. Household & Assets
11. Exploits of Conquest
12. Pursuit of Art
13. RP Archives
14. Growth
15. Credits

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 am

Name: Yuzhi Jiang [ Intro: Jiang Yuzhi ]
Nicknames: Yu, Yuyu

Original Clan: Conquest

Job Role: Scholar
Specialty - Anthropology; Yuzhi likes studying cultures including her own. Finding out the reasons of why certain rituals are observed or why people do what they do is rather delightful for her. Yuzhi is always excited for an 'exchange' of ideas of the cultural sort with other Horsemen - this is a concept that will likely be carried over into Halloween as she helps her kin rebuild. Her favorite thing about varying cultures are their tales that they tell.

Personality:

Hero Worship
Yuzhi has a healthy admiration and love for people that do great things and fight for worthy causes, often times her standards or list of what she considers 'great' can change with her favorite tale of the time, but constants tend to be those of steadfast and brave natures as well as willingness to fight for what they believe in. Anyone that tries to debunk her heroes will probably find her to be rather defensive and 'spiky' for a time especially if they prove her wrong on all accounts. If the Hero shows her themselves how far they'd fallen from grace she tends to get mopey and somewhat theatrical with her disappointment in them before she tries to force them to improve themselves (with her help).

Tell Me a Story
She enjoys a good story be it from a book or told to her by someone else. She is constantly on the look out for a story she'd never heard before. She likes stories with good characters and that convey a message with a secret weakness for tales about lost loves reunited (or dying together). Yuzhi has no qualms just getting up and walking away with a simple 'Your story sucks' or 'I've heard this' in a flat disappointed tone as she leaves, it is perhaps because she is far too blunt for her own good. If the story is good she will stick around especially if she hadn't heard it before and she might even hold the storyteller in high regard afterwards. Yuzhi treasures stories told to her and will often try to write them out so that way it is always around, this is possibly to make up for the documents and things she could not save during the disaster.

Temper, temper...?
Unless one knows what buttons to push Yuzhi is a rather mellow and patient soul that will regard newcomers with a sort of a cool and aloof personality until she knows them a bit better. An obvious button to not push, at least not too often, would be her height. She'd let it slide the first time or two but after a bit she'll probably show the offending person just how hard and high she can really kick. Her surprisingly violent display of temper is probably an aftereffect of the 'intermingling' of clans due to the ...'event' that had wiped out her home.

A Knotty Hobby
A personal hobby of hers is to sit and tie up various lengths of rope and string into decorative knots - she can get them to be rather complex and takes great pride in them. She often tries to challenge herself with the amount of complexity she throws into each project. Often times she will gift what she finishes to others if she likes them well enough.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:23 am

Mount Form_________
Ride into the Sunset

A shire horse with splotches of brown markings but otherwise mostly white.

Example of Markings: Ref 1, Ref 2, Ref 3

Mane and Tail: Both are braided. Mane is braided in this fashion while the tail is braided like this. Both have small blue waterlilies woven into them, just a few not too many.

Brindle: Braided with using materials of gold and green colors with bit of knot work done here and there as well as a oval jade stone at the forehead. Something a bit like this in style: Ref 1, Ref 2

Saddle: Side-saddle. A bit like this but with more of an oriental theme in the embossing, golden studs/metal work.

Reasoning for this mount is to represent Yuzhi's sturdy and steadfast nature. She is very dependable when others need her, it might also jokingly said that the sturdy build and general large size of the horse is why she is so short to this day because most of her FEAR went into creating her mount and that she also might have a complex over being so short and showing said complex through her mount (these people are usually glared at, a lot.)

Weapon Form_________
Into Battle We Go

A 'double headed' throwing spear that is taller than her by a couple of inches but she seems pretty capable of fighting with it.

FEAR Ability_________
The True Strength

Sudden Bookworm Strength: In a moment of need her FEAR can surge through her muscles briefly bulking them up a little and making her appear almost bigger (and more intimidating) for a brief moment before she throws her spear at the target for more damage than if she normally throws it. [Battle Cry]

Learned Abilities_________
Things I've Learned

...Empty!

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:23 am

Family_________
Relatives that we know survived.

Tseng Lee; He is her older brother and tends to dote over her a lot which has the affect of either of being endearing to her or annoying her to no end when he doesn't allow her to do things on her own. He often tries to impress her with feats hoping to be one of the heroes she admires in her stories. Tseng takes after their mother where Yuzhi takes more after their father.

Mengyao Miao; He is the 'too tall' distant cousin. He tends to figure out how to push all the right buttons to anger her and doesn't tend to apologize for it after which just raises her heckles that much more. Yuzhi will call him all sorts of names though 'Idiot Cousin' is probably the common one.

Friends_________
Companions that survived the fall

Lifen Hua; A friend that is dear to Yuzhi even if she finds that Lifen's choice of company leaves a lot to be desired. Yuzhi tends to shower Lifen with the gift of handmade decorative knots. Yuzhi is often in direct competition with her cousin Mengyao for Lifen's attention and friendship.

Zhiqiang 'Grasshopper'; "> :T"

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:24 am

Views_________
Opinions matter.

Fall of the Isles;
The loss of a place to call home and take pride in has left her a bit uncertain about her future. She had lost many things within the destruction of her island: family, books, and treasured trinkets given to her over time. The need to rebuild is foremost in her mind but sometimes she feels overwhelmed and at a loss on how to recreate the former glory of what she and the rest of her clan once was. Yuzhi tries not to focus too much of it and is happy that parts of her family survived (yes, even Mengyao).

Amity Students;
The students that had visited the isles are regarded with a mix of curiosity with a side of resentment. She can't help but link them to the cause for the loss of her home even if they had nothing to do with it. She does see that the students had suffered a loss of their own through one of their own but at least they still have their own home to go back to where she had lost everything. She keeps this way of thinking to herself considering it selfish (but right) and is still set on observing them and their traditions within their own 'habitat'.

Halloween Overall;
The world of Halloween is an unfamiliar realm for her. She is going to have to take time to get used to it and those that live there. While the horsemen were given a reserve there she doesn't consider it to be 'adequate compensation' for their losses but she deals as best as she can for the time being. Perhaps over time they could make things right again on their own.

Former Clans;
In general she finds it sad that they are all now forced out of their homes and respective zones of comfort. She doesn't pity any of her fellow Horsemen mostly because she is in the exact same boat.

Conquest: I do not want anyone to mistake my opinion for disloyalty to my Clan because I do love my Clan. I love my family and friends within the Clan, I would not trade any of them for the world, even if Mengyao tempts me many times to see if I could sell him to the highest bidder. That being said despite our culture being rich and well formed there are a few qualities within that I do not approve of such as those that do not work hard for their station or do not live up to the heights of greatness and responsibilities within our glorious Race. For example my brother Tseng works very hard to train and learning to fight for the glory of our Clan while Mengyao is a lazy jackass.

War: The Horsemen of War are an interesting bunch indeed but one I respect for their fighting prowess as well as other things. I often find their tales of battle to be very thrilling to listen to and the way they dress to be delightfully tribal in some respects. Part of me fears that they may turn on everyone in the heat of battle. It'd be quite troublesome to put them back in their place again and to make them see who is friend and foe.

Famine: I am saddened that I didn't get the time to really observe them within their natural 'habitat' as it were but such is the way of things now I cannot sit back and regret what can't be changed. I hope a few of them will open up to me and share some stories and such with me. I do admire that they lived in a harsher climate such as a desert - this means quite a few of them are resourceful, hm?

Death: They are a lovely bunch and I like to learn what I can of their rituals - whatever they allow me, honestly, but I understand if they shroud some of their things in secrecy. I also enjoy their attire though it is a bit dark for my tastes. I am afraid my views on them are a touch shallow and reek of superficiality. I shall endeavor to know them better now that we are 'in one place' so to speak.

Hunters;
Hatred. Pure, seething, unadulterated hatred is all she feels for Hunters, their ilk and anyone that ally themselves with them. Hunters and those like them receive nothing but her contempt. While she won't waste her energy outright hunting them just yet, but the thought does cross her mind a time or two whenever she gazes around her people and witnesses their hardship.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:25 am

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:26 am

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:27 am

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:29 am

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:29 am

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:31 am

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:32 am

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:33 am

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 am

Shop Concepts © Zoobey, Lizbot, & Marushii
Official Yuzhi Art © rui (fureni)
Graphics & Layout © Pales
(With Layout inspiration pulled from kuromeez)
Fanart & Etc © Respective Artists

{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games