Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Will it ever be ok......................????

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sintheimp

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 pm
Will it ever be ok to be gay, i mean there are some people in the world who are ok with it. But what i guess im asking is one day will gay not be a issues and people will think it as the same thing as being straight.

Because some of the best people on this rock we call earth are gay, but people dont know this because all they see it the word gay across there heads.

what a shameful world we live in, were we cant even be our selfs.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 pm
Well, considering how far we have come along I think we are doing good. Sure, we're not accepted everywhere, and that normal in my opinion. There will always be people who do not and will not accept homosexuality. It's always been like that, and unfortunately it will most likely be that way. We just have to endure like everyone else has, is, and will.  

Guardian Arlen

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 pm
Nope it will never be ok. Their will always be someone out there that hates you. Just like people discriminate over skin color and religion, its never going away.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 am
Sintheimp
Will it ever be ok to be gay, i mean there are some people in the world who are ok with it. But what i guess im asking is one day will gay not be a issues and people will think it as the same thing as being straight.

Because some of the best people on this rock we call earth are gay, but people dont know this because all they see it the word gay across there heads.

what a shameful world we live in, were we cant even be our selfs.
Honestly, it will never change, some people are ok with it and some are not, but in the end all that matters is that you are ok with yourself and how you live your life.  

Kalona Ayeliski

Pompette

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:24 am
Well from what I can see it's a bit more accepting nowadays, but I don't think many will see us as normal human beings...

If a boy holds hands with a boy, alot will stare..  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 am
I think it depends on where you live. Some places are already very accepting, while others are hell on earth.
I don't think we're going to see any sort of world-wide acceptance in our lifetimes, but things are gradually improving.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:26 am
Here is my answer.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:03 am
I think it will get better, but I'm not too confident that it will ever truly be accepted.  

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:10 am
I don't think it ever will get well enough to be accepted completely.

But when the day comes a short African Muslim man can walk down the street holding the hand of his 6 foot tall (also African) atheist boyfriend and NOT be stared at and whispered about, then we shouldn't ever have to fear again.

But at the very least, I expect the world to become tolerant if not accepting completely.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:23 am
Its just so many gay people will have a hard time.  

Sintheimp

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Inari Lugria

7,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:34 pm
you cnt change the world with the generations of the past. Only the u and coming generations have the power to change the world. Everyday we have to let children kno to accept all differences and to judge ppl for their actions and not the thngs they cnt control...=) 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 pm
Well I think yes it will, as blacks, when you think about it- weren't accepted in society. It might take many years, but it will eventually happen~ Hopefully in the lifetime of this generation~ At least I hope. It's as well as a female president, we will have one eventually, only time can tell when.
Simply the generation of nowadays, as well as the previous generation, are immature and well not to sound like I hate the world here, but I believe with each generation we are less and less intelligent. As I think that would be the main factor as there is truly no reason to dislike/not accept gays.

Edit: And when I say there is truly no reason to dislike gays, I mean some people may say "because they're annoying," but truly I don't see why people dislike gays over any other kind of person they dislike. It seems people voice their opinion and dislikes on gays, and keep their views and opinions on any other kind of person quiet. As well as some people may say what the bible goes against gays, that's simply a matter of opinion as I am religious, and bi-sexual and fully support gays.

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:30 am
of course we will. we have made so much progress its silly to think that we will never be accepted. sure there will always be a few people out there who hate you because you are gay but that doesnt mean much since there will always be people who hate you for little reasons that dont matter. we still have racists but overall black people are accepted and one is even the leader of our country now  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:58 am
slowloy but surely we're getting there. it'll happen one day. just keep hoping for the best  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm
I think it will. I mean, we'll always have the occasional bigot. Like, for example, interracial marriage used to be frowned upon a lot, but now it's more socially acceptable, but we still have idiots who refuse to accept it at the least.
In fact, I'm hoping one day it will be so acceptable that they will have an openly gay couple on a children's show.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games