Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:29 pm
hubby is gone for the week on a trip for work all the way to denver and im at home all alone till friday. stowrm is one sad doggy today. she didnt sleep in the bedroom with me last night and hasnt wanted to play at all today. she hasnt even tried to snuggle or bother the cats. i even got her a new toy and she played with it for a couple hours then just went back to pouting

she is my dog and follows me around and im always the one that does stuff with her so i figured she wouldnt take him being gone that hard. i was wrong.

im going to take her over to my dad's house to play with bear for a few hours either this evening or tomorrow to see if that cheers her up

not to mention im a bit sad too because hubby is my main form of human contact so i feel like ill have lost my mind when he gets back  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:21 pm
I'm sorry. I was always the one that left, and zim got depressed, and then he got angry and dumped over EVERY single garbage can in the house, get in it dig everything out [Not eat anything, just scatter it] for a couple days. And then he'd go back to depressed.  

Akiska

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:25 am
It's entirely possible that your dog may be picking up on how you are feeling, so you're both in this situation together. I'm sure you've tried consoling your dog, letting her know it's OK, that you miss *insert hubby's name here* too and that he'll be back soon. Doing things your dog likes to do, like playing with favorite toy(s), going for a ride, etc., may help distract her for a little while. Maybe if/when you talk to hubby on the phone, see if she can hear his voice as that may help as well. If nothing seems to help, I suggest you call your vet to see if s/he has any suggestions.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 am
Eileen50
It's entirely possible that your dog may be picking up on how you are feeling, so you're both in this situation together. I'm sure you've tried consoling your dog, letting her know it's OK, that you miss *insert hubby's name here* too and that he'll be back soon. Doing things your dog likes to do, like playing with favorite toy(s), going for a ride, etc., may help distract her for a little while. Maybe if/when you talk to hubby on the phone, see if she can hear his voice as that may help as well. If nothing seems to help, I suggest you call your vet to see if s/he has any suggestions.

i had him on speaker phone last night and she perked up for a few hours. she probably is picking up on how i feel and its just making it worse for her.  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items