Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Problematic Parents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitty-in-a-hole

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:54 am
Well there is this guy. I am crazy about him and he feels the same. We want to get together, but there is a slight problem. My parents. Due to the fact that i have never dated before or evenn ever told my parents about people i like, i dont know how they would react. This guy also happens to be two years older than me so that poses evn further obsticles. I am 14 and he is 16. My parents are very protective to the point they're allmost possesive and im not sure how they would handle this situation, and i definately dont want to lie to them, make things awkward for us or any thing, so girls, what should i do?

yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:01 am
Simply tell your parents.

You don't know how they'll react, so you shouldn't take the risk and not tell them about the guy. It's better just to casually bring it up and ask if you can go out with this guy; maybe with a group of friends if your parents are skeptical.  

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

Uisce a

Gracious Informer

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:21 pm
If you hide the guy it's going to seem like he's got something to hide. It's best just to be open so your parents can get to know him. I wish you the best of luck!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:11 pm
I agree with both of the posts above me, you have to tell your parents all they want is what's best for you.

You don't know how they'll react, they could be totally cool with it or they may say you should wait until your a little more mature, either way so long as you haven't "done anything" there is nothing you should fear by telling them.

You have nothing to hide and by hiding your relationship you send your parents the signal that something is wrong with it or the boy, you shouldn't have to hide love.

If your parents do not want you to start dating/date this guy it may be heartbreaking at first but in the end everything will be alright and work out.
"There Is No Need To Rush. If Something Is Meant To Be: It Will Happen In The Right Time, With The Right Person, And For The Best Reason."

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kitty-in-a-hole

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm
Thankyou guys ^~^ but how should i tell them now?

yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:26 pm
just like invite him over for dinner or something so he can make a good impression on your parents maybe he could even like ask your dad persmission to court you like in walk to remember god that was an adorable movie but thats beside the point  

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

AngelAvalon

4,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 am
Definitely set up some kind of meeting between your parents and this guy, if it helps maybe invite his parents as well and just kinda test the waters and see how well everyone gets along.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:30 am
AngelAvalon
Definitely set up some kind of meeting between your parents and this guy, if it helps maybe invite his parents as well and just kinda test the waters and see how well everyone gets along.

yeah.....his dad is a pot head and his mom disappeared...  

Kitty-in-a-hole

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff