Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
these blisters, mate...[may be gross]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:42 pm
So last saturday I went to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (for those of you who don't live in ohio, it's about a 5 hour walk to see the entire park), and I'm not very in shape, and the shoes I was wearing were new skate shoes, that are half a size too small, which lead me to have blisters on both of my baby toes that literally take up the entirety of the toes. For a reference point, I wear a size 13. Giant blisters.

I don't normally have giant blisters like this, does anybody know how long it takes blisters to heal? I really want to puncture and drain it, like I have this compulsion to drain it.

As a side-note, on my left toe, there is a series of blisters that are connected slightly, and when I apply pressure to one of them, the plasma pushes from the first and fills up the second, causing it to swell. It's entertaining, but super gross.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:53 pm
Yeouch. Blisters suck. It's been awhile since I've had any (since I broke in my last pair of running shoes), but I think the healing time will depend on how irritated they get. If you absolutely need to drain it, just make sure you use a sterilized needle. Disinfect the area afterwards, cover it with a blister plaster, and wear some shoes or sandals that won't rub up against the wound.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:59 pm
Taeryyn

I've worn shoes once since saturday, when I drove my grandma to the pet-store and then to dinner. It doesn't hurt to walk anymore, but I'm just afraid that they're going to bust while I'm walking and it's going to be painful and get infected.

After going to the Zoo, my Dad, my younger sisters and I went to bob evans to eat and after getting there (like an hour or so drive), I had to literally drag myself out of the car, and then I walked like a retarded penguin for the rest of the day. I look like poop, my feet were not having it, and my friend Kota, who've I had a crush on in the past, happened to be working that day and i got to see him when I looked like s**t.

I always see people I know when I look like s**t.

I think the main idea of this response has left.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:05 pm
Drain them yourself, but do it properly so that you don't get them infected. If they burst while you're out and about chances are you'll bloody a good pair of socks and shoes and risk infection.

If you do drain them make sure to bandage them and change the bandages and apply ointments and the sort and to give them air and to refrain from wearing shoes in excess. Like if you can, at all, just sport some socks so that the blisters can get some air.

Ideally, they should start healing up in about a week if taken care of properly and in two weeks they should be pretty much gone. Just baby your feet if you can.  

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:10 am
I'm sorry for your blisters, but there are really only two "remedies" per-say that I've done when I have blisters. The first one is to simply leave them be, and wear flip-flops or something that will let the blister "breath" or prevent infection. Then second is to use Neosporon, which is the angel for me with any sort of cut, burn, etc. Then put a bandage over it. But change it every day, since blisters tend to get dirty easily.

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games