Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Motivational Things

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wandering Skald

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:27 pm
I've been lurking here and there around this guild and the internet in general, and there's a lot to get depressed about and overwhelmed with--a lot to get the living crap beaten out of you by...especially in any community waiting for change, the LGBT community more so than several others.

So, seeing as how I haven't been able to find a specific topic for this so far, I figured it'd be handy to have a one-stop shop for motivational quotes, videos, pictures, etc.

I might as well get the ball rolling with a couple of videos of varying flavors that I'm getting myself to watch as often as possible:

Get Up and Keep Going

An Absolutely Beautiful and Inspiring Speech

Lost Generation  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:04 am
The way I became proud for being gay and not afraid of coming out of the closest was all becaus of lady gaga,just listening to the song born this way
always removes my depression <3
I guess u can say that she is my motivation biggrin  

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Chino Panya

Anxious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:30 am
Born This Way says it all! wink  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:14 pm
I am amused by the irony in the Hitler mustache guy in the second video. emotion_awesome

But, that is an awesome speech. What movie is it from? :0

Oh! I saw clips of The Wall in there, too! ^_^  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Wandering Skald

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 pm
The man dressed like Hitler is called Charlie Chaplin. Oddly enough, he's a comedian that specialized in silent movies before he made The Great Dictator (the one the speech is from). From what I gather, he mainly dressed as Hitler to mock him and for the irony of giving such an overwhelmingly compassionate speech while dressed like a notoriously heartless man.

Also, even though I may be straight, I love Lady Gaga as an individualist.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:57 am
Seeking Librium
The man dressed like Hitler is called Charlie Chaplin. Oddly enough, he's a comedian that specialized in silent movies before he made The Great Dictator (the one the speech is from). From what I gather, he mainly dressed as Hitler to mock him and for the irony of giving such an overwhelmingly compassionate speech while dressed like a notoriously heartless man.

Ah. 3nodding That explains it.

I love her too. I don't like most of her music, but I like her as a person. I used to think she was a bit of a fame whore, but then I realised she does the right stuff to stay famous; which is get noticed, stay noteworthy, keep your life on track, be interesting, and do good things. She's one of those rare pop stars that use their power in the media to spread a good message, and that is one of tolerance and love.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

unit01testtype

Invisible Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 am
Belethiel
Seeking Librium

Ah. 3nodding That explains it.

I love her too. I don't like most of her music, but I like her as a person. I used to think she was a bit of a fame whore, but then I realised she does the right stuff to stay famous; which is get noticed, stay noteworthy, keep your life on track, be interesting, and do good things. She's one of those rare pop stars that use their power in the media to spread a good message, and that is one of tolerance and love.

i agree with you about lady gaga; and btw im listening to a bunch of her music on my profile right now  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games