Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Not Sure Why I Didn't Post This Sooner...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm
So...the Patriot Guard Riders, eh? If you don't know who they are, I encourage you to look them up for details. For a basic idea, however, look no farther than here.

Why am I posting this? Well mostly because it just dawned on me that this group, which I heard about because one of my history teachers Gary Arturo Flossmann, about a year ago, told my class about this group, which he is apparently a part of. He told us of this time that, at a gay U.S. soldier's funeral, members of a church gathered to protest the fallen veteran for his homosexuality. At that same funeral, a larger number of bikers brandishing flags and leather jackets had also gathered, but they were there for the purpose of drowning out the hate speech that the protesters came to sling at those attending the service.

I just thought I would share this with you. Here is just of the many examples of this group's activities.

PGR Strikes Again *le gasp*!

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:39 pm
Barrett Jaeger
So...the Patriot Guard Riders, eh? If you don't know who they are, I encourage you to look them up for details. For a basic idea, however, look no farther than here.

Why am I posting this? Well mostly because it just dawned on me that this group, which I heard about because one of my history teachers Gary Arturo Flossmann, about a year ago, told my class about this group, which he is apparently a part of. He told us of this time that, at a gay U.S. soldier's funeral, members of a church gathered to protest the fallen veteran for his homosexuality. At that same funeral, a larger number of bikers brandishing flags and leather jackets had also gathered, but they were there for the purpose of drowning out the hate speech that the protesters came to sling at those attending the service.

I just thought I would share this with you. Here is just of the many examples of this group's activities.

PGR Strikes Again *le gasp*!

Thoughts?

Good group, my mother and step dad were both members at one time  

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:49 pm
Good to hear. I would consider joining, but I'm sure you need to be both a veteran and ride a motorcycle, two qualities which I am lacking in.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:53 pm
Barrett Jaeger
Good to hear. I would consider joining, but I'm sure you need to be both a veteran and ride a motorcycle, two qualities which I am lacking in.

False actually, you can contact your local chapter via their website which I'm too lazy to google for ya smile

but being a vet is not a prereq, it's about honoring vets and not being one

the motorcycle thing is different, that i believe is based on the chapter, some states actually allow some people to drive cars, but don't be an a** about it, As in understand the frailty to a motorcycle and how driving a car around them could be bad if you're not able to drive with the utmost safety.  

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Hiru Harada

Seeker

5,950 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:44 am
Wow. I'd heard about the Phelps being offensive crazies, but I had not heard the motorcycle part. That's interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 am
I would like to join that group. But, I would like to have a motorcycle or at least have a friend who rides one so I can ride with them. ^_^

Westboro can kiss my a**. I really wonder what their reasoning behind their protests are. I know they think God kills soldiers because America allows gays to exist and be open about it. That makes absolutely no sense. Soldiers kill soldiers, terrorists kill soldiers, bu God doesn't kill soldiers.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:18 pm
Yeah, I don't think they really understand just how stupid they really are (I know the mods frown upon us calling people like this that, but really, there's no alternative in this case). They're both malicious, claiming that the only way to "break the curse" is for the U.S. government to make homosexuality a capital offense, but are incapable of learning, or they would understand that there is no amount of logic behind their protests.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:12 pm
Barrett Jaeger
Yeah, I don't think they really understand just how stupid they really are (I know the mods frown upon us calling people like this that, but really, there's no alternative in this case). They're both malicious, claiming that the only way to "break the curse" is for the U.S. government to make homosexuality a capital offense, but are incapable of learning, or they would understand that there is no amount of logic behind their protests.

Yeah, I did some more reading about them. What they do makes no sense at all.

Their leader was actually a civil rights lawyer. rolleyes You think he would know better. He's just a delusional homophobe who's read too much of Leviticus. He believes God hates... and he doesn't.

I'm thinking about looking at the church's website. :l  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:34 pm
Belethiel
Barrett Jaeger

Their leader was actually a civil rights lawyer. rolleyes You think he would know better. He's just a delusional homophobe who's read too much of Leviticus. He believes God hates... and he doesn't.

Well if you're thinking about going that far then you've already given them more of your attention than they deserve.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm
Barrett Jaeger
Belethiel
Barrett Jaeger

Well if you're thinking about going that far then you've already given them more of your attention than they deserve.

Too late. But the only way we're going to do anything about these people, we need to tell others who they are. I would love to do a counter protest if they ever came up to Michigan.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 am
Belethiel
Barrett Jaeger
Belethiel
Barrett Jaeger

Too late. But the only way we're going to do anything about these people, we need to tell others who they are. I would love to do a counter protest if they ever came up to Michigan.

True. I'd love to as well, but realistically that likely won't happen (me getting to participate, that is, not them coming to Michigan). If they do, though, try waiting until they park their vehicles and then block them in with your own, if only for the lulz.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 am
Barrett Jaeger
Belethiel
Barrett Jaeger
Belethiel
Barrett Jaeger

True. I'd love to as well, but realistically that likely won't happen (me getting to participate, that is, not them coming to Michigan). If they do, though, try waiting until they park their vehicles and then block them in with your own, if only for the lulz.

Oh, I would totally do that. emotion_awesome  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 pm
Speaking of counter-protests, have any of you seen this? I don't even like Michael Moore, but I have to admit that I enjoyed his approach in this instance.

Michael Moore vs WBC  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:52 pm
Yes, I actually have seen that. The Sodomobile was definitely a hilarious counter-protest. I personally don't have anything against Michael Moore, but then again I never cared enough to look into him beyond the documentaries he's made that do make very valid points about the flaws in our country as it is today.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items