Submit

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 am
"We didn't have much chance to talk, but yes, she mentioned that. She also mentioned that she is looking for a Sheriff. I tried to avoid committing to anything, since there's so much to do here... but if you will be available to help on that front, then getting involved with this Prince should be in our favor. You would perhaps be more suited to the position on her primogen? I haven't had much experience dealing with other clans, especially in a more political fashion. Once clan business is under control, though, I actually might be interested in the Sheriff position." She grinned, showing her fangs again; something about that really appealed to her, and would probably give her an appropriate outlet for her frustrations with the various problems involved in managing the clan.

She looked at the paper he had extricated from the pile, and nodded. "We should double-check that our records on it are up to date, but if it's available, that would work well for the original gathering. And then perhaps somewhere smaller and more private for the second one, for those we deem worthy of further scrutiny?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:27 am
He nodded. "I know that there's chances stuff has shifted hands since, or sold off to acquire other things, so I can't count on everything I remember," he said, frowning slightly. "For both of us there's plenty to ensure, check, and get back in line." He wasn't exactly thrilled with the concept either, but the clan was pretty much on them at the moment, and should all these new troubles come rising up, they needed to be stronger. Especially for themselves, if nothing else.

"Sheriff would be a good place, indeed. A necessity, and the Camarilla needs to be strong and held in check and together. With more enemies then ever, we will need it." He contemplated a moment, considering the other part. "I can eventually get you up to speed on the clans as well, as you're interested and there's time. While I'm not fond of dealing with some clans, I can still manage, if she'll accept me. I tend to find that some simply get uncomfortable in the presence of those older then them." He grinned, showing his own fangs. "I'd hate to intimidate the Prince or the rest of them, but it's not like we have much to work with. Erika missing of course is a real thorn in the side, but what can you do then make do. If she really has to balk about it I'm sure we can find another solution, even if my place there is only temporary until we can get someone else back, or someone new who can handle it... in time."

Time didn't seem to be on their side, with so many new threats around, and many goings on. "I couldn't be so lucky that Tremere simply vanished, unfortunately, which means dealing with them. I haven't decided yet who I detest more - them or the Ventrue, or perhaps the Toreadors. I'm ignoring the Malkavians simply because they're just... well, them." He laughed bitterly. "We shall see what comes to pass. I suppose I should meet the Prince either way, as one of the older members of the sect. Although I definitely don't intend to spend time counseling the Prince on what to do." He gave a wry smile. "There's a difference between teaching the clan, and handling a matter that isn't my area. I, myself, like the idea of a new Prince, who perhaps could be at least reasonable and not overbearing on us. Not that any wise Prince ever kept too tight a leash on us. As long as we don't go about poking the other clans, we'll be fine I'm sure."

He snorted, frowning again. "I'm sure there's plenty I can manage to get myself into. As much as sitting around watching others do stuff can be highly entertaining - at least to the Ventrue that seems true - there's not really time. On the other hand, I don't feel like going through something already done, either. If we're to change things - and who doesn't like a good change - we're going to have to work together. If you have any suggestions as to where I can start helping sort out some of the mess, so we both can get on with other things - I'm sure you have things you want to do, and I know I wouldn't mind personally raising a little hell out there at some point to remind people we're not dead yet." He set the paper in his hand aside, to be looked into later. He knew a few places, if they were still standing, in Hemlock he could attract some attention from.

"I'm sure we can find someone smaller and quieter, other then here, if we go through this stuff enough. If not, there's bound to be somewhere in Hemlock we can use, out of the line of sight of interruption from other clans, and wolves, among other things." There had to be, it would be inconceivable that there wasn't somewhere they couldn't "borrow" either.  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:09 pm
Eadaoin nodded, hesitantly at first, but then again with more force. "Yes, learning more about the other clans would be good. Especially if I'll be dealing with them in my dealings with the Ventrue Prince." She may prefer more... forceful methods, but it would be important for her to be able to handle the subtle politics that would be required for dealing with high-level members of other clans.

"Most important by far, though, is probably still to start work on rebuilding the clan, both in terms of new blood and finishing working out all of this," she said, waving her hands at the scattered papers. "We can probably work on finding appropriate faes while we sort out the clan resources and finances. And I very much appreciate anything you can remember, it will at least give us somewhere to work from." She didn't like feeling like the clan was so much weaker than many of the others; they would need to work hard to shift the balance of power back towards their own favor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:56 pm
"Sometimes tact is everything, especially with some clans - on the other hand, sometimes they all need a good smack upside the head." He chuckled, grinning with fangs showing. "We can definitely try to wade through the paperwork as best as we can - no sense of me to leave it all to you, if it's holding us back from doing anything."

He shook his head, eyes looking towards the door. "I noticed some unrest along the way, but in Hemlock, that's not too uncommon. I'll have to see about getting a word in with the Prince, out of respect, since I am one of the... older... members around still. Not that I have too much wisdom to impart about holding a Camarilla together other then always mind what you say in certain company." He smirked. "I wasn't embraced for my princely qualities, I was picked because I had notions and ideas for change, and I knew how to fight, although my abilities were a bit more limited then considering I wasn't exactly an old man then, either." He winked.

He moved a few sheets, and examined one in particular a moment, scowling slightly. "I definitely don't intend for this to happen again, either," he said, gesturing at the papers. "Brujah aren't the Ventrue, this sort of stuff shouldn't happen." He shook his head. "I'll see to it to eventually have a run-in with the prince, as well as see what's about with all this goings-on of things running around and these new advents..." He glanced at the papers. "For the moment, we should probably at least get through some of this, at least sorting what needs accounting for, and who might need a visit from one of us for collection. Funds will definitely be needed if we're going to get people's attention, and have a good set-up for our findings. Did you have a number in mind at all that we should take on at the moment?"

He quirked a brow slightly. He knew he could handle a few on his own definitely, and only an idiot would think to cross the line with him, but he wanted to see what she was thinking. She had, after all, been left some measure, and while he was senior, she needed to have her place too. She'd already proven smart enough, so he was willing to give her some room.  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers