Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Should I get tested for this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 am
So for years I had many health problems and I always knew it was hormone related. Well last year I was tested for PCOS and they said I had it because of the symptoms but nothing seemed to help. While doing research, I found out about something called CAH or Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia as it popped up during the search.

Never hearing of it before, I looked it up and I found that a lot of stuff about it makes sense for it. I think I have the NCAH (non-classical/late onset), which is similar to PCOS and probably why they never tested for it. Well I am nervous, I go seem my endocriologist about every other month (next time in July) and I was wonder if I should ask him about it or test it.

I was talking to my parents but the major problem we have is that I have no insurance. But I think I should get tested just to make sure as it actually seems more fitting (my problems happened shortly after puberty and I stopped growing at age 13 and I extrememly short, about 4'10"-411", which is one of the symtpoms due to bone grown but I never heard of that with PCOS).

What do I do? Does anyone else have it? Would that explain my need for salt as I hear something about salt?

I just hope I don't have to take that horrid oral glucose test again. Never again.

I know I have hypothyroid and have high levels of androgen's such as testosterone, but my thyroid was my Endocrinologist's biggest concern.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 am
This honestly sounds like the kind of issue that requires a professional opinion rather than advice on a messageboard, so I'd be inclined to decide on a course of action with your family.  

Purple Robot Queen

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff