Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Panel concept for an anime convention-Input/Help please!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 am
My girlfriend brainstormed this panel idea for hopefully A-Kon 24 and she wants to know how to make it work.

She will be presenting 2 panels centered on discussion about Gender Issues and Sexual Orientation in anime.

Good idea or not for this to be presented?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:00 pm
If it is half as interesting as the panel I went to at Ohayocon about gender roles in anime, then I say go for it. I think the topic sounds interesting. Who else is going to be running the panel with her? And is she proficient at using power point? That was a useful tool at Ohayocon.. but I don't know about your con.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm
Lady Kayura
If it is half as interesting as the panel I went to at Ohayocon about gender roles in anime, then I say go for it. I think the topic sounds interesting. Who else is going to be running the panel with her? And is she proficient at using power point? That was a useful tool at Ohayocon.. but I don't know about your con.

I'll be running it with her and hopefully two of my friends will be helping out.
Power Point, I am proficient in it, given how a lot of homework involved that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm
actually the idea would briefly explore the popularity of transgender characters, traps, and gay/lesbian relationships as time progressed, as well.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:39 pm
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
actually the idea would briefly explore the popularity of transgender characters, traps, and gay/lesbian relationships as time progressed, as well.

Cross dressers might be a fun addition to that list.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:12 pm
I think it could be an interesting panel. I know there was a book written about and I agree that it would be good to explore why it is being more popular and accepted. Maybe they can talk about some of the stereotypes and stuff that seems offensive to help people get a better understanding. 3nodding

I would like to see that being explored, but unfortunately I can't go to it (I wanted to Comic Con as everyone wants to go to San Diego for my birthday, but not sure if I can as it depends on what days we all can get off), It would be nice to see panels like those.

Maybe you guys can film the panel for people that can't go to it?  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 pm
It sounds interesting, but I've never actually been to an anime con and I only really watch a few anime series, so I'm not the most informed person in the world when it comes to this topic.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 pm
First off WOO A-KON! I had just gotten back from A-kon 23~

Anyways to the idea, I like it actually! As I think people would enjoy it! I think maybe you should add in a bit of comedy, not anything offensive, but just to lighten that serious tone of it, and let people enjoy the panel, yet still have a good conversation/debate.

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff