Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:31 am
RainbowPop26

No Asian stores to speak of near me either... there is a Hispanic store or two in the next town over bout 45 minutes away... it sucks srsly....

I've never actually tried my Ramen with anything other than the flavoring...I should though it all sounds good...

All my chopsticks have disappeared gonk

Edit: Oh my Goddess.... I just made the ramen with butter and garlic salt you suggested but I added shrimp and used garlic powder instead (sauteed the shrimp in the butter and garlic powder then poured it over the ramen)....I'm in LOVE. awesome

Oh that garlic shrimp ramen sounds goooood. I'm gonna try that combo.

Even Wal-Mart carries ethnic foods nowadays, so you might be able to find something interesting if you take the time to browse.

I just had pork-flavored ramen with chopped-up leftover BBQ pork. I soaked the noodles and the pork in the boiling-hot broth then drained the liquid out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:59 am
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26

No Asian stores to speak of near me either... there is a Hispanic store or two in the next town over bout 45 minutes away... it sucks srsly....

I've never actually tried my Ramen with anything other than the flavoring...I should though it all sounds good...

All my chopsticks have disappeared gonk

Edit: Oh my Goddess.... I just made the ramen with butter and garlic salt you suggested but I added shrimp and used garlic powder instead (sauteed the shrimp in the butter and garlic powder then poured it over the ramen)....I'm in LOVE. awesome

Oh that garlic shrimp ramen sounds goooood. I'm gonna try that combo.

Even Wal-Mart carries ethnic foods nowadays, so you might be able to find something interesting if you take the time to browse.

I just had pork-flavored ramen with chopped-up leftover BBQ pork. I soaked the noodles and the pork in the boiling-hot broth then drained the liquid out.

It is good...last night I made it for Robert and me but I added broccoli and onions too and used olive oil (he can't have butter right now BC of his antibiotic)

Hmm... Walmart still doesn't have too much at least not the ones here....basic stuff...soy sauce...rice vinegar...etc etc....I'm just gonna start spending my half of the grocery money on Ramen and stuff to mix into it... my food will last a lot longer lmao (OK maybe not all of my half but a lot if it).

Oooh that sounds so yummy.... heart gotta try that one!

I still need to find my chopsticks....thinking about trying to find something to mix into ramen that will go well with tuna.... razz  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:45 am
RainbowPop26

It is good...last night I made it for Robert and me but I added broccoli and onions too and used olive oil (he can't have butter right now BC of his antibiotic)

Hmm... Walmart still doesn't have too much at least not the ones here....basic stuff...soy sauce...rice vinegar...etc etc....I'm just gonna start spending my half of the grocery money on Ramen and stuff to mix into it... my food will last a lot longer lmao (OK maybe not all of my half but a lot if it).

I still need to find my chopsticks....thinking about trying to find something to mix into ramen that will go well with tuna.... razz

Maybe you can find new chopsticks at WM? Or at the dollar store, that's where I got mine.

Tuna... hm... a squirt of lime juice, and/or some Taco Bell Verde Border Sauce? (I admit to loading up on condiment packets whenever I get the chance, especially the Verde and Fire Roasted ones.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:57 am
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26

Maybe you can find new chopsticks at WM? Or at the dollar store, that's where I got mine.

Tuna... hm... a squirt of lime juice, and/or some Taco Bell Verde Border Sauce? (I admit to loading up on condiment packets whenever I get the chance, especially the Verde and Fire Roasted ones.)

Hmm maybe.

I don't have either of those things gonk  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:35 pm
RainbowPop26

Hmm maybe.

Well, what do you have on hand? I can figure out a few combinations if you give me a list...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:49 pm
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26

Hmm maybe.

Well, what do you have on hand? I can figure out a few combinations if you give me a list...

Not a lot...tuna of course, broccoli, onions, various canned veggies (mostly corn and green beans...not pleasant with tuna I would imagine...may have some peas and they wouldn't be so bad but I'm doubting it). Sharp Cheddar cheese (half a block), shredded Mexican cheese, corn tostados, flour tortillas, cream cheese, sour cream, two pieces of salmon, half a bag of cocktail shrimp, garlic salt, garlic powder, parsley, oregeno, season salt, salt' pepper, hot dogs, bologna, turkey and ham (sandwich meat), pepperoni, olive oil, butter, bacon, lettuce, hamburger, pork chops, eggs...

That's everything I can think of that I can actually eat everything else belongs to other people...oh and ramen of course lol... I just put everything...maybe you can think of something I haven't (doesn't have to have tuna in it)...oh ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, ranch dressing...those things are standard lol  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:53 pm
RainbowPop26
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26

Hmm maybe.

Not a lot...tuna of course, broccoli, onions, various canned veggies (mostly corn and green beans...not pleasant with tuna I would imagine...may have some peas and they wouldn't be so bad but I'm doubting it). Sharp Cheddar cheese (half a block), shredded Mexican cheese, corn tostados, flour tortillas, cream cheese, sour cream, two pieces of salmon, half a bag of cocktail shrimp, garlic salt, garlic powder, parsley, oregeno, season salt, salt' pepper, hot dogs, bologna, turkey and ham (sandwich meat), pepperoni, olive oil, butter, bacon, lettuce, hamburger, pork chops, eggs...

That's everything I can think of that I can actually eat everything else belongs to other people...oh and ramen of course lol... I just put everything...maybe you can think of something I haven't (doesn't have to have tuna in it)...oh ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, ranch dressing...those things are standard lol

Tuna goes well with a lot more stuff than you'd think... how about mixing it with some of that ranch dressing, some corn and peas, lettuce and a sprinkle of parsley, and have it with the dry noodles crumbled over it?

Edited: Or the soaked noodles, either one works.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:55 pm
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26

Hmm maybe.

Tuna goes well with a lot more stuff than you'd think... how about mixing it with some of that ranch dressing, some corn and peas, lettuce and a sprinkle of parsley, and have it with the dry noodles crumbled over it?

I might try that....dry noodles huh? O.o most people eat em like that...I've always wondered why. sweatdrop  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm
RainbowPop26

I might try that....dry noodles huh? O.o most people eat em like that...I've always wondered why. sweatdrop

One of my friends from hell high school used to crush his up in the bag, take the seasoning packet and sprinkle about half onto the crumbs, then either eat it with a spoon, or more often pour it into his mouth from the bag.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:35 pm
Gigi Deveraux
RainbowPop26

One of my friends from hell high school used to crush his up in the bag, take the seasoning packet and sprinkle about half onto the crumbs, then either eat it with a spoon, or more often pour it into his mouth from the bag.

I've known a few people who eat them dry but I always thought it was gross...I tried it... they are pretty good actually.  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Cinematographer Girl

Solar Mage

13,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm
I made Ramen without the seasoning packet contents for lunch today. the seasoning packet has something I'm allergic to in it. I put sriracha sauce on mine and my brother's was plain Ramen.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 pm
Hands down my faves are shrimp, beef and oriental. So tasty especially when I add my seasonings into it heart

I add:
Crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt, a dash of pepper, a dash of curry powder and a small teaspoon of hot sauce.

What can I say? Maybe weird but I love my ramen hot and spicy razz  

DedicatedLady

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 pm
Love fried veggies in mine!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 pm
favorite noodles: beef and oriental

Fav Toppings : onions and broccollie bologna and boiled egg any kind of peppers  

miaxloveless210

16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces