Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Madea! Please comment.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 am
I'm sure everybody already knows this person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl_rSbcEW4I&feature=relmfu

I just want to know. Does anybody here think she is a good role model to have?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:16 am
Personal opinion; no. Generally speaking I do not make fictional characters role models.  

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:38 am
I generally don't peg characters who fall into the chaotic spectrum as good role models.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm
She is a man dressed like an old woman.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 pm
No, I don't think the obnoxious creation of someone who seems to be a self-obsessed jackass is a good role model. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:47 am
Yeah, so long as he/she's funny and not harmful. Better than a strict, silent, mean looking but well meaning role model. :3

Mistress of Monsters

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Cool Cat 500

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:29 pm
Taeryyn
No, I don't think the obnoxious creation of someone who seems to be a self-obsessed jackass is a good role model. razz

this  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:20 pm
She has her role model-ish moments, but overall I wouldn't consider her to be one. xP
LOVE the series though. ;D  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

emerii_iam

Wealthy Fatcat

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:33 pm
Funny series, but as a role model? Probably not.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:52 am
Taeryyn

Yes, because Tyler Perry is a "self-obsessed jackass" simply because he is in all of his movies. Sounds like someone is a bit jealous of his creative talent.

Also, in a way yes. She does tend to teach people to stick up for themselves and not allow anyone to walk over them, but then again, she also drove her car into a fast food restaurant just because the woman taking her order had an annoying voice, so if you were to learn anything from her, you would want to be very careful with what was taught.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:17 pm
Barrett Jaeger
Taeryyn

Yes, because Tyler Perry is a "self-obsessed jackass" simply because he is in all of his movies. Sounds like someone is a bit jealous of his creative talent.

Also, in a way yes. She does tend to teach people to stick up for themselves and not allow anyone to walk over them, but then again, she also drove her car into a fast food restaurant just because the woman taking her order had an annoying voice, so if you were to learn anything from her, you would want to be very careful with what was taught.

Jealous? rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:15 pm
Lady Kayura
Barrett Jaeger
Taeryyn

Jealous? rolleyes

That's what I said, yes.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm
Barrett Jaeger
Taeryyn

There are certainly a lot of creative people that make me jealous or envious. Tyler Perry is not one of them. razz

There are undoubtedly plenty of people that I appreciate that others may find distasteful or irritating, but I wouldn't automatically assume jealousy was involved. Not everyone enjoys the same things, and sometimes people just rub you the wrong way.

Anyway, I think my initial comment came off as being more harsh than I intended, so I apologize if I offended you by insulting someone you respect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:02 am
Taeryyn
Barrett Jaeger
Taeryyn

There are certainly a lot of creative people that make me jealous or envious. Tyler Perry is not one of them. razz

There are undoubtedly plenty of people that I appreciate that others may find distasteful or irritating, but I wouldn't automatically assume jealousy was involved. Not everyone enjoys the same things, and sometimes people just rub you the wrong way.

Anyway, I think my initial comment came off as being more harsh than I intended, so I apologize if I offended you by insulting someone you respect.

In no way was I offended, so please don't apologize. I merely wanted to point out that the way you stated your dislike of Mr. Perry seemed very much like the type of insult that someone who is jealous might throw out there.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Alashuko The Fighter

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:09 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3T4jq1LsA

I know she has rage and that isn't something u should do. But she is known for giving a good outlook on life. This clip gives it best. Humor and life lesson. And he or she (character or actor) say a good thing about us. "You can't change nobody"  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games