Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:59 am
I just moved into an apartment with my long-time boyfriend. We've been here for -just- over a month, and... he broke up with me yesterday.

Yeah, it hurts like hell, but I'm really looking for what my next step should be. We both agreed that if either of us is to date anyone else, that person is NOT allowed in the apartment. Period. Lastly, we're not having sex. At all.

But seriously, after a month? And he's actually talking to his babies mama again. I know for a fact that they're never actually happy together, I've witnessed it myself. They become abusive, alcoholic, and they cheat on each other all the time. Hell, she's actually dating a married man atm.

So my question is, why go back to that? He constantly told me that he was happy with me. We had our fights, what relationship doesn't? But I do know that we were 100% comfortable with each other at least, and that we were both happy. He spending the day with his family and she's going to be there too with his son. The only reason he's going is FOR his son. At least, that's what he told me.

I just don't want things to get ugly... The lease is up in 11 months, so for 11 months, we're going to have to deal with this. I'm just not sure how.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 am

Let me start off by saying:

Boys. Omg.

And now, my opinion with the information given to us is that what he did was a bit low. He already took the step to commit to you and should have realized the gravity of moving into the apartment with you.

What I think you should do? Find a girlfriend and stay at her place for a few days and let out all your sorrows over some ice cream, and perhaps for the first month or so have a sleepover at her place at night. It's really tough and it must feel like you have no place to go to since you're bound by contract to that apartment.

Also, you may still love him regardless of what he's done to you - but I hope you don't go back to him. As hard and emotionally sundering it may be, try to realize you deserve better than a man who appears as if he's committing to you, only to go behind your back to another woman.

I empathize with you so much. Stay strong, be safe, and take care of yourself.
//big hugs

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 am
ChibiLlama4

User Image
I'm so sorry to hear the news, sweetie. Break-ups are hard and just know that if you ever need to rant/vent or chat we're all here for you.

I completely agree with Setsunasa.
I hope you don't go back to him as i believe you deserve so much more than that.

I've not much to add as it'll just be a repeat of Setsunasa so please keep strong and stay in touch~!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:45 pm
Setsunasa

Let me start off by saying:

Boys. Omg.

And now, my opinion with the information given to us is that what he did was a bit low. He already took the step to commit to you and should have realized the gravity of moving into the apartment with you.

What I think you should do? Find a girlfriend and stay at her place for a few days and let out all your sorrows over some ice cream, and perhaps for the first month or so have a sleepover at her place at night. It's really tough and it must feel like you have no place to go to since you're bound by contract to that apartment.

Also, you may still love him regardless of what he's done to you - but I hope you don't go back to him. As hard and emotionally sundering it may be, try to realize you deserve better than a man who appears as if he's committing to you, only to go behind your back to another woman.

I empathize with you so much. Stay strong, be safe, and take care of yourself.
//big hugs

Thanks for the advice. <3 I have no intention of going back to that-it was his fault for not realizing that he had something better for some time.
I mean, I guess its okay on his part to tell me he can't fully commit, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. I just wish I could make him understand that.

But again, thank you. <3 -hugs-  

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:48 pm
Aristocrat In Pink
ChibiLlama4

User Image
I'm so sorry to hear the news, sweetie. Break-ups are hard and just know that if you ever need to rant/vent or chat we're all here for you.

I completely agree with Setsunasa.
I hope you don't go back to him as i believe you deserve so much more than that.

I've not much to add as it'll just be a repeat of Setsunasa so please keep strong and stay in touch~!

Thanks <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:40 am
Maybe find a hobby you can do outside of the apartment, that way you don't have to deal with him if he starts getting pissy or whatever.  

AngelAvalon

4,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items