Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
Cosplay suggestions, please? :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PsychoGit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:17 pm
I have quite the dilemma, you see. I haven't cosplayed seriously in quite some time and I feel like I'm falling out of the cosplay loop, so I've been looking to have another go at a cosplay before I work on my big project coming up, just so that I have something that isn't retired, you know?
Well I'm sort of fresh out of ideas. Looking at my old cosplay to do folder, I realize I'm not interested in any of those cosplays anymore. So I'm coming to you, forum, for new ideas!

Onto the criteria, I suppose!
I haven't watched an anime in quite some time, and I have only seen a couple. That doesn't mean I won't welcome anime suggestions, though! I absolutely loved D.Gray-Man, if that is an idea of the sort of anime I like?
I don't really read manga, but if I love the anime enough (cough dgm cough), I will certainly give the manga a shot.
I LOVE comics and video-games, so any suggestions from those are much appreciated. (Prior warning, I don't like Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy games, sorry! I'm more of a Dragon Age, Mass Effect, KOTOR type of gamer.)
Also I love movies and TV shows, like Doctor Who and Supernatural. I really like most things I watch, as long as they're fun!

About Yours Truly!
-I'm fairly tall, 5'10
-Female
-34DD, but I've mastered the binding. Mwahaha.
-Blue eyes, but that doesn't quite matter to me. I've been looking to invest in contacts!
-Dirty Blonde and short hair, but I've never once used it for a cosplay. Wigs ftw.
-I crossplay more than I do female cosplays, but I love doing both just the same. I've been looking to even out the gender ratio, though. So while I'm okay with both female and male suggestions, I'm moreso looking for females. My boobs like the fresh air, what can I say? Not to mention the manly men in video-games and comics are a bit hard for me to pull off, heh.
-I'm not opposed to sexy cosplays (I'm working on black widow now, for example), but I'd rather not wear something that shows too much skin, you know?

Face x | x
Body on the right | x

EDIT//
Cosplayed from Hetalia, Soul Eater, D.Gray-Man, Black Widow (comics), Panty and Stocking w/ G, Harry Potter, South Park, Bleach
So no suggestions from any series above, please. ^^ <3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:41 pm
Could you make a list of cosplay's you've done in the past and a little of 5-10 shows that you like or had an impact on your life.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:54 pm
Hello PsychoGit,

I noticed recently at the Jafax 17 Cosplay / Anime con that the Dr Who TV show has become very popular to Cosplay from. Google "Dr Who Tom Baker". Tom Baker is one of the most popular "Doctors" from the 1970's. Tom Baker's doctor is well known for wearing a very long multi colored scarf and having brown scruffy hair.

One of Tom Baker's Doctors companions I think would fit your requirements. Doctors companion Leela is tall and has a striking figure that she has no problem showing off in her Amazon outfit. So Google "Doctor Who Companion Leela." At the con I took a picture of a Tom Baker Dr Who Cosplayer with one of his other Companions. If you found a guy to Cosplay the Doctor and he doesn't mind wearing a long scarf then you would be a good match being his leela companion. Leela is a fierce amazon warrior that will go to any lengths to protect the doctor. Leela by herself will definately get you attention!! smile

If you have the talent and a bit of money Princess Zelda and Link from Legend of Zelda are still popular. Over the years I have taken pics of a few girls that pulled off the princess look.

Good Luck and have fun!! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:02 pm
First of all...GIMME THE PIE!

Secondly, if you haven't seen Repo! The Genetic Opera (film, not anime) then watch it. Look for Shiloh because you would be great as her

Also, any of the girls from Clannad would work OR the main guy and then you could forum troll for a Harem of ladies to follow you around....

Anyway, crappy suggestions but....I was going to say something from Soul Calibur but all the ladies in that game break the "not too much skin" rule...I might post more later when I'm less sugar high lol  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 pm
MisaMaiValentine
First of all...GIMME THE PIE!

Secondly, if you haven't seen Repo! The Genetic Opera (film, not anime) then watch it. Look for Shiloh because you would be great as her

Also, any of the girls from Clannad would work OR the main guy and then you could forum troll for a Harem of ladies to follow you around....

Anyway, crappy suggestions but....I was going to say something from Soul Calibur but all the ladies in that game break the "not too much skin" rule...I might post more later when I'm less sugar high lol

I love Repo heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 am
Hibari, from KHR?  

XxDarkkstarrxX

Friendly Conversationalist

Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items