6 T. sugar
4 eggs
1- ½ c. milk
1- ½ c. orange juice

sauce:
4 T. sugar
4- ½ t. cornstarch
2 c. orange juice

In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and orange juice for sauce; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm. Meanwhile, combine cooking mix and remaining sugar in a bowl. Beat the eggs, milk and remaining orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Put the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with orange sauce. Yield: approx. 1-2 dozen  

StrayKit

AeternalSnow

Sparkly Fairy

10,000 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 pm
cIawnie
emo angel142

Omg that sounds soooo good I always wanted to make ones thank chuuuu

no problem if you have anything good i would love to try to make it! and tell me how it goes! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:57 pm
If you'd like I have a recipe for old fashioned peanut butter candy? It's really rich and delicious I make it on holidays and it always gets gobbled up in a flash. emotion_omnomnom
plus it's super simple wink  

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

cIawnie

Kawaii Donator

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:02 pm
ShadowCat1191
If you'd like I have a recipe for old fashioned peanut butter candy? It's really rich and delicious I make it on holidays and it always gets gobbled up in a flash. emotion_omnomnom

OHH GIMMIE GIMMIE <333  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 pm
cIawnie
ShadowCat1191

OHH GIMMIE GIMMIE <333

Here you go 4laugh
Old Fashion Peanut Butter Candy
Recipe:
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup cream or evaporated milk (regular milk is fine to but it will make the candy less rich and could cause mixed results)
1 cup peanutbutter

Directions:
- in a cast iron skillet mix together milk and sugar over medium heat or a little more than medium (my stove heats up fairly quickly) Stirring occationally.
-While keeping an eye on your mix prepared what ever dish your going to let the candy set in. I suggest heavy glass lined with wax or parchment paper. This stuffs sets quick so it's import to have the container ready.
-The mix needs to be brought to a rolling boil and allowed to boil only long enough to get to the soft ball stage. The soft ball stage is when you take a spoon and clear glass with cold water and drip a little off the spoon into the glass if the mix forms a soft ball (or odd shape close to that lol) its ready.
-Once ready remove from heat. Be careful this stuff is really hot! now stir in half the peanut butter, then once mixed in add the other half. You'll need to be quick because this stuff sets fast.
-Now pore into your prepared dish and place somewhere to cool, I usually stash mine in the fridge, but if you want to taste the awesomeness warm leave it out on the counter.
You'll know your candy has turned out if you can cut it into squares like fudge.
Hope you enjoy it! .... and now I want to make a batch myself xd  

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:28 pm
Oh and if you like blueberry pan cakes and are feeling lazy or in a rush here's a quick and easy way to make some.
Just mix a packet of Martha White Blueberry Muffin mix (or any kind of muffin mix really) and two cups of pancake mix. Then add milk or water to the consistency you like. A lot for thin or a little for thick and fluffy.
Oh and if your pancakes are too muffin like and tend to fall apart just add more pancake mix.
They are so yummy and quick whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:13 pm
Well, here are a couple links that I collected so far:

Pumpkin Pie Dip

Apple Cider Caramels

Pumpkin Pie Biscotti

Pillow Cheesecake with Salted Butter Caramel Sauce

Cookie Dough Truffles

Fresh Apple Pie Smoothie

Tripple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Lemon Ginger Cheesecake

Blue Velvet Cake

Oreo Cupcake Cheesecake

Valentine's Day Strawberry Cake-In-A-Jar

Limones Rellenos De Coco (Coconut-stuffed Limes)

Pink and White Layred Sprinkle Cake with Macarons

and here's a blog that posts a lot of recipes and such. I'd definitely suggest checking it out~
The Cake Bar

Pink Tubby Custard

Generous Fatcat

16,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:00 pm
i know i've already poked around in here but i wanted someone(s) to squee to

for christmas my mom put together beginning personal cookbooks for my brother and i since were 19 and 21 respectively and will be moving out probably in a couple years. this way we have a bunch of recipies to start out with of things we already love and it makes me all bouncy and excited inside! i'll have an option to eat something other than only box dinners! *sobs with joy*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:44 am
Well I have a Pocky Recipe for you. If you don't know what Pocky is it is a popular biscuit-like Japanese snack covered with a wide variety of flavors such as chocolate or strawberry. There are many Pocky references in anime, and some Pocky brands even sport anime characters on their boxes. Also pocky looks like this ; User Image

Now , here is the recipe ; Original Pocky

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk

2 tablespoons water

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

2 tablespoons sugar

1/8 teaspoons salt

1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter at room temperature

1 large egg white, beaten

4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate

Makes 32 to 64 pocky sticks depending on thickness desired.

Start by mixing the sweetened condensed milk and water together in a small bowl. Set aside for now.

Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl (note that I said large to save you from flying flour later!). Whisk to mix dry ingredients together. Add butter to the dry ingredients and, using an electric, beat on low until it looks like sand. Add the condensed milk mixture and continue beating on low until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together and you start to get a dough forming. Gather the dough into a ball and transfer to a piece of plastic wrap. Pat the dough ball into a 1-inch thick disk and wrap tightly. At this point I recommend using your hands to gently form the dough into a roughly 5×5 inch square. This makes it easier to divide later. Place wrapped dough square in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 large cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper and set aside. Grab another piece of foil or parchment paper and tape it to a clean work surface. This will make it easier to roll your pocky sticks without making a mess on your counter or having your paper slide all over the place. This is also my trick for mochi making!

Grab your dough from the fridge and unwrap it. Divide the square into quarters, those quarters into quarters, and those quarters into halves. You got all that? Good! You should end up with 32 little squares.

It’s rollin’ time! This is the time consuming part, so you may want to solicit a friend to help. I have another little trick here. Rather than simply rolling the dough back and forth (which usually causes it to break or become really uneven) I start at the top of my parchment paper and roll it toward me under my palms with nice even strokes, resetting it back to the top and repeating until it’s the desired length and thickness. Now, if you do it this way you’ll get a thicker stick. If you want a thinner more authentic pocky stick, divide your square yet again and roll it out. Keep in mind it’s harder to get a thinner stick without ripping it, but practice makes perfect and this is a home-made recipe so it’s supposed to be rustic looking!

Once you have all your sticks rolled out and placed on the covered cookie sheets, put them back in the fridge for another 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, take the sticks out and give each a little brush with the beaten egg white. Pop em’ in the oven and back for about 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness and performance of your oven. Mine sucks so it took closer to 30 minutes for them to get nice and crispy and golden brown.

Once they’re golden brown and crispy, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely. If you’re impatient like me, you can pop them in the fridge for a bit.

While they cool, we’ll start making the chocolate, mmmm. Put your 4 ounces of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in increments of 15 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring in between each increment.

Everyone has a different method for applying chocolate to their sticks. This is mine. Grab a pocky stick off the cookie sheet and hold it vertically over the bowl of chocolate (with your fingers all the way at the top). Take a spoon, and starting about an inch or so from your fingers, pour the chocolate onto the stick, rotating the stick so the chocolate is allowed to run down back into the bowl. Let the excess chocolate drop off, and return the stick to the cookie sheet. Repeat until all the sticks are complete.

At this point in pop mine in the freezer for a minute or two so the chocolate can set before it runs all over the sheet. And now you have home-made pocky, yatta!

cheyenneOKAY

Liberal Sex Symbol

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:05 pm
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/amazing-black-bean-brownies-recipe.html

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter (I personally reduce this to 3/4 cup butter and still get good results)
2 cups soft-cooked black beans, drained well (hs: canned is fine)
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ cup (granulated) natural coffee substitute (or instant coffee, for gluten-sensitive)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
4 large eggs
1½ cups light agave nectar (I reduce this to about a cup and it's still pretty sweet)

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 11- by 18-inch (rimmed) baking pan (hs note: or jellyroll pan) with parchment paper and lightly oil with canola oil spray.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high. Stir with a spoon to melt the chocolate completely. Place the beans, 1/2 cup of the walnuts, the vanilla extract, and a couple of spoonfuls of the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Blend about 2 minutes, or until smooth. The batter should be thick and the beans smooth. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup walnuts, remaining melted chocolate mixture, coffee substitute, and salt. Mix well and set aside.

In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer beat the eggs until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the agave nectar and beat well. Set aside.

Add the bean/chocolate mixture to the coffee/chocolate mixture. Stir until blended well.

Add the egg mixture, reserving about 1/2 cup. Mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/2 cup egg mixture until light and fluffy. Drizzle over the brownie batter. Use a wooden toothpick to pull the egg mixture through the batter, creating a marbled effect. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the brownies are set. Let cool in the pan completely before cutting into squares. (They will be soft until refrigerated.)

Makes 45 (2-inch) brownies.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:52 am
If you have Pinterest, my recipe box board is obsessively laden with pins.

Also, gluten free goodness.

Ironically since I haven't been able to eat anything since getting pregnant, I have been looking up recipes like a fiend lately. And then promptly puking.

Ramen!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 am
I know this thread is kind of old, but this, omg this I'm a big fan of cheesecake and decided to try this recipe and I love it! Don't skip out on the almond extract! It really makes this cake shine!  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:34 am
heart  

cIawnie

Kawaii Donator

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 am
I don't have good recipes. I'm a starting cooker... I look on youtube popular food channel like Foodwishes laurainthekitchen ....
I also look cookbooks in the library...

Sometimes, the spices in the recipe are really not my taste... I realized I dislike ginger powder... xp I don't really want to throw it out...

I really like pesto.. So I bought at the groceries pesto and basilic paste but it taste kind of acidic and sour... It doesn't taste like what I ate at the restaurant... gonk  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff