Submit

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:00 pm
Hi. i am Kaela. I am 5'5, 15 (16 next month) years of age, and i weigh 180 whopping pounds.

The funny thing is, i am not as ashamed of it as super duper skinny girls are afraid of their number which is 50 below mine.

I have always been overweight. i was even a fairly heavy baby at birth. I have always thought "i need to lose weight", but i have never been able to find something that works, and be able to stick to it.

Recently i counted calories. i was restricted to 1300 a day and i managed to easily stay within those boundaries, no problem. and it worked. i lost about 4 or 5 pounds rapidly, then for some reason i just stopped. i ate the same things i did while counting calories, but i didnt write them down. i gained all the weight back quite rapidly.

There is a elliptical at my house, but its always blocked off because of all my moms sewing crap. before it was blocked off i got on every day for 15 minutes (after that i could barely breathe), and that worked. i lost about 3 pounds, and then quickly gained it back.

every few mornings i weigh myself and some days i am back up to 180, some days i am down to 177. Its like my scale cant make up its mind.

I am having such a hard time losing weight.

Because i have always been so overweight i have learned to take advantage of it. I dress my body in a way that flatters my figure. My friends say i am not only best dressed, but i look super skinny, so my weight never really bothers me.
But because of my weight i hate being photographed. i have to be at a right angle, my hair has to be down over my chest, i have to be dressed right, and whenever im just chilling and someone photographs me at a bad angle, i end up seeing this picture later on, and thats what makes me self concious.

Heres my point. Every school year i say to myself "this summer, i am going to lose weight, and come back as a new person." i tell myself that, but i cant seem to do it.

I dont want to look like this anymore. I dont want to be mega huge compared to my friends in photographs. i dont want a big butt or big thighs anymore. i dont want to break down in the middle of stores because nothing fits because my waist and boobs wont agree.

Here is my promise that i will lose weight this summer.

Feel free to post and push me my hardest, and/or suggest new things to try to lose weight.

~Kaela2015  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:01 pm
Lets keep track <3
I am using the Loseit.com and the loseit android app
this is what i used to count calories. every time i notice a lower weight on the scale i record it.

Starting Weight: 184 lbs

4-5-12 ~ 184 lbs
4-14-12 ~ 182.6 lbs
4-16-12 ~ 179 lbs
6-19-12 ~ 177 lbs
6-20-12 ~ 176.8

Goal weight: 130  

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm
reserved  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm
Here's a challenge for you: instead of losing weight, go for losing inches.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so at some point the weight loss will slow, stop, or even reverse itself a bit. Let your clothes tell you what's going on instead of the scale.

Speaking of the scale: STOP weighing yourself daily! If you really must weigh yourself, once a week is fine; twice a month is probably better for your sanity. We all have weight changes during the month, so pick a couple of dates to measure progress.

Do you really want to use the elliptical? Then shove the sewing crap aside, do your time on the machine, and shove everything back when you're done. Heck, just shuffling all the sewing stuff around is probably exercise in itself!

You don't have to starve yourself, either. Change the way you eat. Less starches, more legumes and greens. Try eating vegetarian/vegan one or two times a week.

Also, be forgiving of yourself if you have a momentary relapse. I'm a chocoholic, so I can't just quit it. What I did was I gave up on cheap candy bars and only buy the expensive stuff. Ghirardelli squares serve as my new portion-controlled rewards.

Rewards? Yes! What are you longing for? A new purse or pair of shoes? Those sparkly earrings that are just perfect for your skin tone and eye color? A professional Brazilian wax? (Oh, wait, that's mine; sorry!) Set yourself a milestone goal and reward yourself appropriately when you reach it.

Good luck!

emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug emotion_bigheart emotion_hug  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Aspirins And Alcohol

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm
check this chick out

http://www.facebook.com/TessMunster

as long as you love yourself and are healthy and a good person you should never feel bad just because our society says you should for no reason at all other than weight  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm
Aspirins And Alcohol
check this chick out

http://www.facebook.com/TessMunster

as long as you love yourself and are healthy and a good person you should never feel bad just because our society says you should for no reason at all other than weight

She may be big but damn.. she is gorgeous.  

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:29 pm
Gigi Deveraux

Yea ive heard inches are really more valuable to lose then weight in itself.
I probably should weigh myself less frequently, then i can see larger differences and feel like im progressing more.
Yup, moving a whole table and tons of boxes out of a small room would be an excercise XD. (taking everything off the table, taking apart the table, moving the boxes, then reverse it)
Yea im not gonna starve myself. im going to make betetr choices. less sugars, starches, chips, etc. Eating vegan/vegtarian can acctually taste super yummy so ive been doing it for a few days just because tahts what we had in our fridge as leftovers <3
I have relapses all the time XD. cant resist the chocolate. Its acctually good to have these relapses. chocolate is good for the skin in small amounts, and it keeps you sane biggrin
Thanks for the advice <3

Aspirins And Alcohol

Im doing this because i want to. Not because society tells me to. If i stay overweight i could get some serious health issues later on in life that my family has to deal with and i dont want to have to deal with that.

I would look at the link, but it redirects me to my homepage.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 pm
First off, good for you! I've had a lot of the same struggles, especially with the school thing. I say the same thing every summer break, but I go back to school in a week and I've actually GAINED 5 pounds since summer started.

From my experience, counting calories is helpful, but it's not a long-term weightless solution on it's own. Try to focus on eating healthy, nutritious things, too, not just low-calorie ones. The reason a strict calorie intake won't really keep working, though, is actually because of how completely amazing your body is. Kinda ironic, right? Your body is meant to adjust/adapt to different environments, so when you eat less, at first, you loose the weight (for obvious reason) but pretty soon your body will adjust to the new level of energy it get's everyday, and will learn to operate that way, so you stop losing the weight. Plus, after you've lost the weight, if you ever let up a little, you put the weight back on so much faster because your body has adapted to operating with less calories than it did before so any extra calories really show. That's why dieting alone only gets you so far.

I find that excursive really is the best thing to do. You loose fat AND gain muscle at the same time. I'm not saying I'm the number one example, but if you can get yourself to exercise it makes such a big difference. And try different things. Workout with a friend, then by yourself. See which one you like better? And as much as we all hate it, running is a great place to start. If you have to start by walking, then working up to running that's 100% okay, but aerobic activity is really important, for being healthy inside and out.

Also, drinking a TON OF WATER is super important. Not only is it good for hair, skin, nails, etc, but it can also help you loose weight. If you drink a full 8-ounce glass of water before you eat a meal, it fills your stomach a little bit so you don't eat as much.

I'm not sure how much of this was helpful and how much was just stupid or common sense, or whatever. But I hope I helped in some way. It's really nice to know that there are people out there going through the exact same thing that you are.  

swisskiss125

Jeering Genius

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm
swisskiss125

hmmm. i never thought about the aftermath of counting calories! I see why its not such a good idea now ^u^

Yea. im planning on starting to get on the elliptical. I couldnt before because my mom had piles and piles of stuff in the way but she cleaned it up.

Yea. i probably should drink more water XD. i drink primarily tea, which is also something that has been yellowing my teeth so it would not be such a bad thing to replace the half gallon i drink every day with water! biggrin

thanks for the advice biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 am
Rather than counting calories, you could try the plate portion method... you fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables (like salad, green beans, pretty much any veggie other than corn or potatoes), then 1/4 is carbs/starch (bread, corn, potatoes), and 1/4 protein (meat or meat substitute). This is supposed to do a pretty good job of balancing the basic nutrients you're eating without the need for calorie-counting. Also, try to eat small meals 4 or 5 times a day instead of 3 big ones. It should keep your metabolism boosted and keep you from having spikes in your blood sugar that can send your body out of whack.

This is intended to be a general lifestyle change to the way you eat, rather than a temporary diet. It's a healthier way of eating that's supposed to be good for everyone.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Bell Kalika

Romantic Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 pm
kaela2015
Hi. i am Kaela. I am 5'5, 15 (16 next month) years of age, and i weigh 180 whopping pounds.

The funny thing is, i am not as ashamed of it as super duper skinny girls are afraid of their number which is 50 below mine.

I have always been overweight. i was even a fairly heavy baby at birth. I have always thought "i need to lose weight", but i have never been able to find something that works, and be able to stick to it.

Recently i counted calories. i was restricted to 1300 a day and i managed to easily stay within those boundaries, no problem. and it worked. i lost about 4 or 5 pounds rapidly, then for some reason i just stopped. i ate the same things i did while counting calories, but i didnt write them down. i gained all the weight back quite rapidly.

There is a elliptical at my house, but its always blocked off because of all my moms sewing crap. before it was blocked off i got on every day for 15 minutes (after that i could barely breathe), and that worked. i lost about 3 pounds, and then quickly gained it back.

every few mornings i weigh myself and some days i am back up to 180, some days i am down to 177. Its like my scale cant make up its mind.

I am having such a hard time losing weight.

Because i have always been so overweight i have learned to take advantage of it. I dress my body in a way that flatters my figure. My friends say i am not only best dressed, but i look super skinny, so my weight never really bothers me.
But because of my weight i hate being photographed. i have to be at a right angle, my hair has to be down over my chest, i have to be dressed right, and whenever im just chilling and someone photographs me at a bad angle, i end up seeing this picture later on, and thats what makes me self concious.

Heres my point. Every school year i say to myself "this summer, i am going to lose weight, and come back as a new person." i tell myself that, but i cant seem to do it.

I dont want to look like this anymore. I dont want to be mega huge compared to my friends in photographs. i dont want a big butt or big thighs anymore. i dont want to break down in the middle of stores because nothing fits because my waist and boobs wont agree.

Here is my promise that i will lose weight this summer.

... I totally understand. I am also 50 pounds overweight. I gained the weight about 5 years ago, during a not-so-good relationship and I lost myself. I stopped exercising and ate crap food. I yo-yo 10 ish pounds on and off every so often. I'm only 5 feet tall though. Shopping is SO frustrating, I can't shop in the same stores as my friends and the stores with stuff that fits me aren't stylish for my age group. and unless i want to spend a ridiculous amount of money I just end up in frumpy clothes... it's very depressing.

The worst part of it is that when I weighed 125 I thought I was overweight.

Apparently the trick to losing weight is to set goals, and stick to them. my goal is to work out 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. either for 3 10 minute sets, two 15 minute sets or 1 30 minute set. and i kept it up for a week but have trouble doing 5 days a week razz I love ellipticals too and my parents have one as well and it is stuck in the middle of the basement surrounded by boxes! why have it if you cant use it!!! but of course one cant bad mouth their parents.

Feel free to post and push me my hardest, and/or suggest new things to try to lose weight.

~Kaela2015

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 pm
i tried to quote and it just didn't work.. so here it is

... I totally understand. I am also 50 pounds overweight. I gained the weight about 5 years ago, during a not-so-good relationship and I lost myself. I stopped exercising and ate crap food. I yo-yo 10 ish pounds on and off every so often. I'm only 5 feet tall though. Shopping is SO frustrating, I can't shop in the same stores as my friends and the stores with stuff that fits me aren't stylish for my age group. and unless i want to spend a ridiculous amount of money I just end up in frumpy clothes... it's very depressing.

The worst part of it is that when I weighed 125 I thought I was overweight.

Apparently the trick to losing weight is to set goals, and stick to them. my goal is to work out 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. either for 3 10 minute sets, two 15 minute sets or 1 30 minute set. and i kept it up for a week but have trouble doing 5 days a week razz I love ellipticals too and my parents have one as well and it is stuck in the middle of the basement surrounded by boxes! why have it if you cant use it!!! but of course one cant bad mouth their parents.

Bell Kalika

Romantic Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Generous 100
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items