Curious Cathryn

O.G. Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:01 am
They Call Me Homewrecker
I went to get my septum pierced last week and on the way to the parlor my father jeers, "I don't know why you want to make yourself look like a god damn freak."

I honestly couldn't say anything back to him. I can't believe how inconsiderate he is about my feelings. I'm just getting a piercing, it's not a big deal...

sounds like my dad... just today (ive always worn a heavy amount of makeup but lately ive only been wearing mascara) he said "whats on your face?" in a rude snarky way.. wtf does that even mean? i dont even know if he was talking about my mascara...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 am
Gigi Deveraux
I've posted it before elsewhere, but even more than being slut-shamed by my own family, the absolute worst was when I was told I wasn't going to get any help to go to college; because according to them I'm going to get pregnant and raise kids anyway, so why bother?

thats so ridiculously horrible :/ im sorry your family is so arrogant and stuck up to not understand the things you go through. btw make sure you sign up for FAFSA every year for college smile financial aid ftw  

Curious Cathryn

O.G. Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lillabelle

High-functioning Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:35 pm
my parents are pretty good, the worst thing thats ever happened was in high school, I'd had a really bad day and I burst into tears when my my mom came to pick me up, when I got in the car she yelled at me saying something like; your not the only one who's had a bad day!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:33 am
I am a parent. It appalls me when I hear of other parents behaving badly to their children! Parents need to realize they only get one shot at being a good parent, for it is how we as parents treat our children, that can determine how our children treat their own children.  

MoiraSiobahn

Magic Shade

9,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm
                      My mother, sister, and maternal cousin all used to tease me about my weight.
                      And not when I was a teenager either, but when I was a child. Just a young girl.
                      And at that age it took quite an impact on me, and I've always been self-conscious because of that.
                      There have been plenty of other things my family has said, I couldn't possibly remember it all.
                      But they've been quite hurtful sometimes, especially since they favor my sister, who is far more "troublesome" (to put it politely).

My mother also had a boyfriend once, for several years, and I knew him for a good portion of my childhood so he was sort of a step-father. He might have been an okay guy in my eyes, but this one incident made me hate him forever.
                      When I was rather young, I remember him grabbing me by the arm once and getting really close to my face. So close that I could smell his breath, which reeked of beer. He started bad mouthing my father, telling me he was a druggie and an unfit parent. I never said anything, but I wish I had told him off then. I was too young though.
                      But my father was the one to raise my sister and I, and to have this stranger telling me that my father was unfit, when he couldn't even handle his own little girl, and fought plenty with my mother. I couldn't stand him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:53 pm
Hey! I have been writing since I was eleven, but I have been servery blocked for years now. My father never supported my writing, he always said it was a useless, silly hobby and I need to stop with such bullshit and concentrate on real skills. Then again, he is always saying cruel things. One time, not too long ago, he said I wasn't a daughter, I wasn't even a friend, I was just a burden. That I was disgusting and useless and I would never amount to anything. But that is just one example of what he's said.

Elinoire

Eloquent Explorer

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:54 pm
Ellie, I'm so sorry. sad

Don't believe anyone who tells you not to write. You know in your heart whether it's something you're meant to do. Some famous writer said that schools "don't stifle enough writers". That's awfully damn elitist I think.

I have friends in writers' groups, one of whom used to be a real bitc--meanie. If someone came into the group and she didn't like them and/or their work, she would criticize the crap out of them until they didn't come to group anymore.

I agree that not everyone has the same level of skill. But everyone who writes has something to say, even if it's only for themselves.

Take care, and keep us posted. smile Good luck to you.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff