Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Advice anyone???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiro-Gatana

Friendly Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 pm
Okay, so I pretty much feel like I am ready to come out to people close to me(NOT FAMILY), but I'm still wondering if I should, would coming out make me happy? Or is it something that doesn't need to be said??? It felt great when I accepted I am a pansexual and something else(maybe not too confident about the second one yet), it felt like my stress and sadness was relieved a lot, so does coming out make these things even better??? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:55 am
First of all, recognize that you do not have to come out if you are uncomfortable with the entire situation. It's also imperative that you completely accept your sexuality yourself, and if you feel that you might be endangered in some way or another by your coming out, you should either start with the people you know will accept you and build a support structure or, if you live in a particularly dangerous area for queer individuals, you might want to consider postponing coming out altogether until it is safer for you to do so.

However you do it is entirely up to you, however, and I wish you the best of luck. If you need anything, you can always shoot me a PM, or I'm sure anyone else in the guild would be glad to help.  

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 am
Lenon said most of what I would say- but I also wanted to mention that there is a risk in coming out to some people but not everyone that you might be outed to people you don't want to/aren't ready to come out to, so you need to think about that too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm
lenon01
First of all, recognize that you do not have to come out if you are uncomfortable with the entire situation. It's also imperative that you completely accept your sexuality yourself, and if you feel that you might be endangered in some way or another by your coming out, you should either start with the people you know will accept you and build a support structure or, if you live in a particularly dangerous area for queer individuals, you might want to consider postponing coming out altogether until it is safer for you to do so.

However you do it is entirely up to you, however, and I wish you the best of luck. If you need anything, you can always shoot me a PM, or I'm sure anyone else in the guild would be glad to help.
Thank you for your advice, it was really helpful ^.^  

Shiro-Gatana

Friendly Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

Shiro-Gatana

Friendly Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:10 pm
Esiris
Lenon said most of what I would say- but I also wanted to mention that there is a risk in coming out to some people but not everyone that you might be outed to people you don't want to/aren't ready to come out to, so you need to think about that too.
Thanks, I'll try to be careful 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:57 pm
Previous posters have given great advice smile but I'd like to add on one little thing. Coming out is possibly the greatest relief I've ever experienced, and I'm really glad that I don't have to hide my sexuality. If the people you're planning to come out to are accepting, and accept you, absolutely it's a happy feeling, and you should be proud of yourself. heart good luck!  

sorrellscarell

Dapper Genius

3,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tristnai

Wealthy Explorer

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:36 pm
Shiro-Gatana
Okay, so I pretty much feel like I am ready to come out to people close to me(NOT FAMILY), but I'm still wondering if I should, would coming out make me happy? Or is it something that doesn't need to be said??? It felt great when I accepted I am a pansexual and something else(maybe not too confident about the second one yet), it felt like my stress and sadness was relieved a lot, so does coming out make these things even better??? sweatdrop

Ummm... it depends on people's ideals around you, if you are surrounded by jerks that think homosexuality is a sin, your going to have a bad time...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:29 am
sorrellscarell
Previous posters have given great advice smile but I'd like to add on one little thing. Coming out is possibly the greatest relief I've ever experienced, and I'm really glad that I don't have to hide my sexuality. If the people you're planning to come out to are accepting, and accept you, absolutely it's a happy feeling, and you should be proud of yourself. heart good luck!
Thanks! I really wanted someone's opinion on how it felt for them :3 And I think you're right, I should be proud because I don't have anything to be ashamed about emotion_c8  

Shiro-Gatana

Friendly Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

Shiro-Gatana

Friendly Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:31 am
Sageest
Shiro-Gatana

Ummm... it depends on people's ideals around you, if you are surrounded by jerks that think homosexuality is a sin, your going to have a bad time...
You got a good point....I'll make sure my aunt doesn't know sweatdrop Thanks for the advice! emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 am
Shiro-Gatana
Sageest
Shiro-Gatana

You got a good point....I'll make sure my aunt doesn't know sweatdrop Thanks for the advice! emotion_bigheart

Your welcome biggrin  

Tristnai

Wealthy Explorer

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

sorrellscarell

Dapper Genius

3,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm
Shiro-Gatana
sorrellscarell
Thanks! I really wanted someone's opinion on how it felt for them :3 And I think you're right, I should be proud because I don't have anything to be ashamed about emotion_c8

Of course you don't c: Fly the colors, hehe.
The closet gets cramped.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:55 pm
You don't have to come out unless you want to and like others said, there can be risks involved as some people might be against it and can increase stress and depression. So I suggest coming out only to people that would more likely to be excepting.

This isn't really something I ever did as I really don't discuss sexuality with people offline, so I can't give much advice. Some people might figure it out though.

Like others said, just think carefully with whether or not you want to come out to anyone and to who and make sure you are safe.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Shiro-Gatana

Friendly Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
You don't have to come out unless you want to and like others said, there can be risks involved as some people might be against it and can increase stress and depression. So I suggest coming out only to people that would more likely to be excepting.

This isn't really something I ever did as I really don't discuss sexuality with people offline, so I can't give much advice. Some people might figure it out though.

Like others said, just think carefully with whether or not you want to come out to anyone and to who and make sure you are safe.
I'll try make sure the people I come out to won't tell people who could harm me in any way, I'm sure they wouldn't, but I should test them first, thanks for the advice! It helped a lot 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:52 am
sorrellscarell
Shiro-Gatana
sorrellscarell

Of course you don't c: Fly the colors, hehe.
The closet gets cramped.
Ooh! I love that saying! ^.^ And you're right, being in the closet is uncomfortable x.x  

Shiro-Gatana

Friendly Vampire

7,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items