Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Media
The Bible is NOT against Homosexuality

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funny Chris Holley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:06 pm
Alright let me start off by saying that I am in no way shape or form a homosexual, I have a girlfriend and I’m happy and in love with her. So one might ask why would defend gay marriage and I’m not gay myself. Well let’s start off by saying that I grew in a city where there are many people around me who are different from me in many different ways but at the end of the day were all human. And I’m the type of person that if see something is unjust. I’m going to speak out and against it and not sit back and watch it happen. And denying two people the right to marry and live happy lives whether it is a homosexual or heterosexual couple to me is flat out wrong and it makes my blood boil. My take on life is that if someone is doing something that you might feel wrong yourself but it doesn’t affect you and no one else why hinder their happiness. If your neighbors are gay what does that have to do with you? You might eat hot dogs and they are vegans so does that mean since there vegans you shouldn’t eat hot dogs. A lot of times people will say god said that being gay is an abomination but most people who say this don’t have understand the bible. I’m atheist but grew up around Christians and a lot of them said that homosexuality is wrong and clearly said in the bible. Well it did say that but doesn’t it literally. Since abomination in those days meant something outside customs of their society.

read the rest of it
http://www.globalcollegeblog.com/the-bible-is-not-against-homosexuality.html  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:22 am
You swore and said
"We are not
We are not shining stars"
This I know
I never said we are

Thank you for posting this article.
I've read these same points elsewhere,
but never all together,
and it also leads to the fair debate that much of
the controversial topics in the Bible
are not what they are made out to be,
on top of the age old debate of
various translations and interpretations.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Purple Cyphers

Interesting Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

grandaire

Ursine Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:49 pm
True.
I used an article similar to this in eighth grade for a debate.
(Needless to say we won, due to an overwhelming lack of argument on the opposing side.)
Biblical writings are constantly misunderstood.
It's a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:23 pm
The apostle Paul did gave clear gender guidelines though, I think he wouldn't have liked the idea of a man becoming a woman or a woman becoming a man. gonk  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Transitarian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 am
The only real places it's written in the bible in an antagonistic way is Leviticus, but no one follows Leviticus anyway.

They're laws that have become obsolete as time passed. People need to realize this and move on instead of picking and choosing which passages to follow.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:24 pm
Note: I'm not trying to offend anyone with this post, so if i do I'm sorry.

time to keep it short and sweet... The bible has been rewritten and edited over 14000 times, and edited so it fits each major religion in some way.

to actually take what we currently have as the bible and truly go by it word for word is idiotic. The bible is not there to force people into a curtain mind set or way of living its there to give lessons and teach us regardless if what happened in the bible actually happened or was made up.

Because most people who grew up in highly religious families are brainwashed into thinking every single word written in the bible is LAW and what their pastors say is LAW. This is highly common around older people since it was more common for entire towns to show up at the same church every sunday.

If you take the lessons from the bible regardless if it had been rewritten and edited 14000 times or not and use those lessons to make your self a better person regardless if you believe in god or not... we would have no wars, no discrimination, no murders, no crime at all. Though this will never happen due to human nature aka greed.

Anyways it says nothing about homosexuality in any version of any current bible. Sure it says "between man and woman" but you have to use your brain and remember what i said above... its been rewritten 14000 times... there was bound to be someone who wrote the bible who didn't like gays...

anyways i could go on for days about this subject so im going to stop now...  

iChaosLod

ShadowyClouds

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:23 pm
I think the original says not to be "sexually immoral" (slutty)

basically, you can be straight and sexually immoral...

other than that the bible doesnt really talk about gays that much.. the rest is stuff that sounds on topic, but pertains to something completely different.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Most of the verses that speak out about it come from the book of Leviticus, and that book was written as instruction for priests... most of it anyway.

Not only that but uh, the bible says a whole lot more.
If people wanna go by the things it says on homosexuality, then they should go by EVERYTHING it says.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/omgitsanf/19-things-the-bible-forbids-other-than-homosexuali-b83k

User Image

Denny the Dinosaur

Baby

22,515 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
Media

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers