Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
How did you come out? How do I come out? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hot n Fun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:24 pm
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew
Cherry Turnover
Merrill-mew

I know.. And you're absolutely right.. I've just heard straight people bashing on people like that, like "Did you hear she's bi, eww!" and I don't want that happening to me. Then again, maybe it's just a high school thing. And it's just more accepted in the "real world" because people grow up. The good thing about LGBT's is that they understand though. And thank you, that's really really sweet of you c:

It actually does get a lot easier when you get out of high school. I thought I was going to die in high school and I was one of those guy people who already wasn't popular but was perfectly comfortable with my sexuality. I remember that for the longest time no one would talk to me, not even my best friend. It was mainly the people in grades above me, but after a while when those people left, it was so much better. The only reason my friends weren't hanging out with me was because of the stereotypes and bandwagons they were on with the Juniors and Seniors. When those people left it was like they all came running back to me because they'd missed me. It was selfish of them to leave but I don't blame them at all.
College is a better story though so you don't have to worry. When you're out of high school and have your own, bigger responsibilities, your sexuality will be the least of your problems.

Exactly. That's what I'm terrified of. It sounds horrible, actually. And yeah, people put influence not to talk to people that are "different" or don't fit their standards. It's cruel. I don't want to lose friends, or get negative demeanor from people just by the likes of sexuality. You are lucky you're through that dramatic part of life though, and you can just live as who you are. Before you came out, did you date girls? Because I date guys and nobody suspects anything.... other than those that I've told.

I was actually one of those people who kind of always knew they were gay. I've always had really close girl friends but when I delevoped my first crush, I was 13 and it was on a guy. I was like, "Okay, I like this guy," I didn't really care if other guys crushed on girls and I crushed on my best friend who was 2 years older than me. I guess I'm one of those people who have it easier than others. I would gladly give away my easy life to someone who doesn't have it as easy.

Oh yeah, I understand that. That's a really selfless thing to say. But it is as it is for a reason. You were meant to be as you are, and that's why it was easy. As for me, I'm still trying to find my place.

You'll find your place. It might take patience and time, but you'll find it :]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:30 am
My time was hard... I kept mine a secret for a long long time.

I didnt come out till I moved out of my house when I was 20 years old.
And I did it on myspace.
My mom noticed I put "Bisexual" as a preference and she asked and I finally told her.

She wasnt upset at all. But I know that if i told my Sperm donor ( birth dad) he would be upset and sickend but oh well....

And comming out in general is hard.
it is all up to you when and where you do it hun. Just know you have ppl here to back you up ^^ emotion_bigheart  

LumiFe

Dapper Sleuth

1,150 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Intermediate Skill 100

Purple Cyphers

Interesting Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 am
You swore and said
"We are not
We are not shining stars"
This I know
I never said we are

This is a topic I try to avoid, but for some reason I'm putting this out there now.

My Dad had trouble understanding much about me, but my gender identity and sexual orientation was never part of that, and my Mum has always been accepting of whoever I happen to be under whatever terms I choose to use. Both of them raised me to be comfortable with who I am and let no one tell me differently, except medical professionals in such a way as illness and other conditions, like Astigmatism or diabetes, but not to who I essentially am.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers