Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What should I do? Is it even right to tell him?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

G l2 4 V 3

Newbie Member

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:37 pm
Well, I wrote this in my journal on this guild but it's really eating away at me and I would very much appreiciate some advice.

There's this guy who i've only known for over 3 months, but I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know if I "love" him, I mean it could just be a crush and I think love is such a strong word and emotion that I don't want to use it recklessly.

Anyway, he's very kind-hearted, he always tries to help people and has helped me out, too. I don't know how to describe him really. He's just perfect. A genuine person who I'm so happy to just have in my life.

I think about him a lot, and even if i may not be in love with him, I'm at least having these feelings for him and I don't know if I should just tell him?

My best friend in the whole world, who is the only one who know's my feelings for him, has told me to just tell him. Yet, in all honesty, I don't see what that would achieve. I'm pretty darn sure he doesn't feel the same way, he's just a kind person is all, and I don't think he'd take it "badly" but what if it puts stress on him? I mean, who actually LIKES turning people down?!

I don't know what exactly i'm writing, or even asking for, or even why i'm bothering all of you with this.

It's just not going away, this question I mean. What should I do?

Anyway, thank you for reading, and if you reply, thank you very much.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 pm
It probably wouldn't hurt in the long run, but might make things awkward and stressful for awhile. The worse that would probably happen is him telling you that he doesn't feel the same way and might hurt for a short while (what you said about him, I don't think it would ruin the relationship).

Three months is short, but enough to start to develop some feelings. Seems more like you admire his personality and like those qualities.

But you never know, someone people made confessions, despite not knowing and it worked out great. I say maybe wait awhile longer and get to know each other more first.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

G l2 4 V 3

Newbie Member

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
It probably wouldn't hurt in the long run, but might make things awkward and stressful for awhile. The worse that would probably happen is him telling you that he doesn't feel the same way and might hurt for a short while (what you said about him, I don't think it would ruin the relationship).

Three months is short, but enough to start to develop some feelings. Seems more like you admire his personality and like those qualities.

But you never know, someone people made confessions, despite not knowing and it worked out great. I say maybe wait awhile longer and get to know each other more first.

That's what I thought and thank you for replying!

I don't really mind if it hurts me, his reply i mean, i just don't want to hurt him.

I guess, since i'm having doubts then that should've been enough for me to convince myself that this isn't the right time yet. ;^o^ I'm so stupid.

He is a very sweet and kind person, but I do find him physically attractive too which is why I was confused by the definition of these feelings i'm having.

Thank you, and I'll take your words in great consideration.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:44 pm
We initially, I'd say just be sure of whatever decision you decide to make.

In my opinion and too familiar experience, telling someone how you feel about them is always the best option.

"Testing the waters" is never a bad decision either. It would very easy to express your admiration for him without outright telling him "I'm head-over-heels for you". Rather then jump head first, dip your toes in a little, tell him how much you appreciate him, tell him what you like about him. How he receives your admiration of him will give you all you'll want to know as far as wanting to purge your heart and mind.

I'd say don't stress it too much. People are often very receptive to being told that they are liked and/or appreciated, very seldom should/would anyone express anything other than gratitude.

I wish you luck!

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

G l2 4 V 3

Newbie Member

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:59 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
We initially, I'd say just be sure of whatever decision you decide to make.

In my opinion and too familiar experience, telling someone how you feel about them is always the best option.

"Testing the waters" is never a bad decision either. It would very easy to express your admiration for him without outright telling him "I'm head-over-heels for you". Rather then jump head first, dip your toes in a little, tell him how much you appreciate him, tell him what you like about him. How he receives your admiration of him will give you all you'll want to know as far as wanting to purge your heart and mind.

I'd say don't stress it too much. People are often very receptive to being told that they are liked and/or appreciated, very seldom should/would anyone express anything other than gratitude.

I wish you luck!

Thank you for replying!

I think, in a way i've kind of "tested the waters" without actually knowing?

Lol, let me explain. I've told him once before that I enjoyed being around him and that he's a very good person to which he responded that he thinks I'm a good person too (and in my own world, lol) but that he's glad he met me. This is why I believe he'd be okay with me telling him one day.

Thank you. I'm trying hard not to stress about it but when I imagine telling him, I imagine him being worried to turn me down...
I don't mean for that to sound egotistical! It's just that's the kind of person he is... Hmm...

I guess I'll never know until I say, though. He may be fine and just accept my feelings and we can continue on as normal?
(I don't sound like i'm trying to convince myself do I? ;^o^)

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for wishing me good luck!
It really means a lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 pm
Well, what is this sexual orientation? Have to know that first.  

ii Jamie Kym

G l2 4 V 3

Newbie Member

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:31 pm
ii Diva Jamie Kym
Well, what is this sexual orientation? Have to know that first.

You know, I've never asked as i thought it's not my place to.
He's had a girlfriend that I know of, but then that can't become concrete evidence that he's hetorsexual, right?
He does talk about girls, though. He says things such as "Wow, she's really pretty over there" or "I wonder if she has a boyfriend, yet?"

>.>

I mean, it doesn't really matter because i'm not exactly "attractive" so he may have feelings for other guys but that wouldn't mean I'd qualify...

Ahhh... My head's all in a spin, now!

Sorry, in answer to your question, I honestly don't know.
I assumed he's straight but in reality it's not like he's told me "Oh, guess what i'm straight" xD How awkward would that be! Lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm
Oh ok. But I think he should tell him. Don't talk to your friends about it and tell in private.  

ii Jamie Kym

G l2 4 V 3

Newbie Member

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:48 pm
ii Diva Jamie Kym
Oh ok. But I think he should tell him. Don't talk to your friends about it and tell in private.

Thank you.

I probably will tell him privately. It'll ease any awkwardness, in any case, lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:58 pm
I know this is days later after you posted this but give an update if you did tell him!

If not, I think you should tell him! In my experience, it was always easier to tell people that I liked them. It kind of had the "weight-lifted-off-my-shoulders" effect. I think because in the back of my mind I've always thought that maybe there truly was a .01% chance that they'd like me back...even though I would be in denial about that and I'd always tell myself that they didn't!
It's a good way to relieve that "what if" factor.

Cervael

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff