Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
i really need advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:44 pm
ok well i went on my first real date yesterday and my boyfriend wanted to bye me something every time we went in to a different store at the mall but i said its to much he already bought me lunch and took me to the movies i could tell it hurt his feelings but idk how much is ok for him to spend on me i feel bad asking him to spend money on me cuz im not worth it but he says its not to much idk what to do i know i hurt him and were gonna go back out in a few weeks

do any of you know a good price range so i dont ask for something that is to much cuz to me even $5 is to much i really dont feel like im worth it

idk what to do sad  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 pm
I always find this really difficult sweatdrop Theres no real answer, going for drinks or food i think the guy should pay at least on the first date (offer to pay to be polite though) But anything more then that makes me feel uncomfortable, like I'm gold digging or something. confused it is nice for your bf to buy you stuff but you don't expect them to buy you everything, and when its some one you've only just started dating then you feel bad if it docent work out and they've spent a lot on you. Plus sometimes guys make it super awkward when you pay for stuff eek This one guy wouldn't stop saying thanks and hugging me and kissing me cause i bought him one cocktail after he'd taken me to two restraunts. And this is just a big unhelpful rant... Sorry sweatdrop if think maybe some guys if they feel a bit insecure about themselves think that paying is another thing they have to offer so get weird about girls paying?  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If he asked you out on a date then all he needs to pay for is the dinner and the movie. As for going into other stores and just looking he doesn't need to buy you anything.

My sister's ex boyfriend always brought her things and when she broke up with him or when they got in a fight he accused her of using him for money even though he didn't even have a job.

I personally would be offended if my boyfriend continuously brought me things because to me it is like he thinks I am all about money and that he better get me something nice everyday or else I am leaving him. That and should we break up I don't him bitching at me about using him when he decided to throw his money away by spending it all on me........

/rant.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:11 pm
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
I always find this really difficult sweatdrop Theres no real answer, going for drinks or food i think the guy should pay at least on the first date (offer to pay to be polite though) But anything more then that makes me feel uncomfortable, like I'm gold digging or something. confused it is nice for your bf to buy you stuff but you don't expect them to buy you everything, and when its some one you've only just started dating then you feel bad if it docent work out and they've spent a lot on you. Plus sometimes guys make it super awkward when you pay for stuff eek This one guy wouldn't stop saying thanks and hugging me and kissing me cause i bought him one cocktail after he'd taken me to two restraunts. And this is just a big unhelpful rant... Sorry sweatdrop if think maybe some guys if they feel a bit insecure about themselves think that paying is another thing they have to offer so get weird about girls paying?

ok well i have been with him for two years but we have never been out just me and him and he knows i dont have money or get money easy cuz my family has it rough so he wants me to have all i want cuz we are planing on getting married but i just idk i cant take money from him when i know i wont be able to repay him  

Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty

Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:16 pm
little aishi chan

If he asked you out on a date then all he needs to pay for is the dinner and the movie. As for going into other stores and just looking he doesn't need to buy you anything.

My sister's ex boyfriend always brought her things and when she broke up with him or when they got in a fight he accused her of using him for money even though he didn't even have a job.

I personally would be offended if my boyfriend continuously brought me things because to me it is like he thinks I am all about money and that he better get me something nice everyday or else I am leaving him. That and should we break up I don't him bitching at me about using him when he decided to throw his money away by spending it all on me........

/rant.

do you think if i do let him bye my something he would use it against me ?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Actually, it's better you said no, in a way. I would be very angry at him if he tried to pressure you into sex because he buys you stuff. Stand your ground.

HOWEVER... don't say you're "not worth it", because you ARE. emotion_hug  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:21 pm
Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty
little aishi chan

/rant.

do you think if i do let him bye my something he would use it against me ?

If you break up then it is a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:29 pm
i'm bad at this topic, i always feel weird just when friends buy me something to eat when we go out somewhere and i'm broke....and i've never dated yet. i would think that getting you a simple gift every once in a while wouldn't be bad, friends i have that i've watched have different girlfriends/boyfriends have that happen to them when they date and it seems to work out fine. but going off what aishi chan wrote, i have had a friend with a boyfriend who bought her some pretty pricey stuff and he tried using that against her when they broke up. but as long as you stay away from fancy jewelry and electronics you should be fine...ot that's what i've wittnessed anyways  

StrayKit

Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 pm
would what you girls say change if i told you me and him are talking about getting married and when he is 18 him moving in  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:07 pm
Iz-a-good-Kitty-Kitty
would what you girls say change if i told you me and him are talking about getting married and when he is 18 him moving in

How old are you?

And never ever say that you're not good enough. Me and my BF argue about this a lot as it's something I say. If he wants to buy you something let him, he is your BF after all.  

TemperamentalGoddess

Shadowy Lover

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces