Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[ 1 v 1 ] One Reaper or Two? ( Fell vs Sparrow )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 pm
Fell had finally finished her homework, thanks to Kingsbane's constant nagging, and was looking for Mei. She was hoping to get a bit of sparring practice in, given that she had hardly had any of it and sorely needed it. Though by the time she had finished, she couldn't find the broken doll anywhere. She had already searched all of Mei's favourite haunts and found nothing.

:Ssshe could be with that boilfriend of hersss.: The soul eater hissed impatiently. He on the other hand didn't enjoy having to run--or float around in search of one ghoul all day. He figured if she wanted a fight, she should just pick some random student and fight.

"Aww I hope not. It might be near impossible to drag her away if that's the case." She pouted. It was clear that she hadn't thought of that possibility. "Whatever, we'll just check the gym and if she's not there, then we'll go back and try phoning her."

:Why didn't you try that in the firssst place?: He demanded, but was answered with a shrug. To be honest, she forgot that she could have phoned. But she didn't dare say that to the soul eater, because he was bound to deliver her another lecture if she had.

"Hellooo?" She called, pushing the door open and peering inside. "Mei? You in there?" She called again, starting to frown when she heard no reply.

kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 pm
Sparrow had not visited the gym for quite some time, and when he finally did he felt woefully out of shape. The last few weeks had been more than a little rough, and although he had tried many times to fight properly, he still had not done so well.

And now it was time to practice. After all, how was he supposed to protect those he cared about if he could not even properly defend himself.

Dressed in a pair of black slacks and a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a black ribbon tied around his collar, Sparrow swung the scythe around, shadows streaking behind the weapon in black smears. He landed a hit to the target with a loud thwack, and jumped backwards, his shoes clicking on the ground.

There was a creak as the door opened, an unfamiliar voice wafting through the otherwise empty gym. Sparrow squinted in the direction it came from, lifting a hand to swipe at his brow.

"You're looking for Mei?" he asked the ghoul, and gave her a friendly smile. "If it's Mei-Xiu, then sorry - I'm the only one here at the moment."

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

OnionGrump rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:32 pm
Fell blinked at the response and frowned.

"You serious?" She asked, but seeing that the reaper boil had no reason to lie to her, she let out a groan. "Aww man! I was so sure she would be here. Where else could she have gone?"

:Classsesss perhapsss. Not that you would know, sssince you rarely attend.: Came the annoyed reply. Which of course, was rewarded with a swat from the grim reaper.

"Screw it." She huffed, placing her hands on her hips and eying the other boil curiously. "You wouldn't happen to need a sparring partner would you?" She did ask, but with the look she was giving him, it was more like an order. "You do, don't you?" She asked again before adding-- "Pleeaassee?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:46 pm
"Yup," said Sparrow cheerfully, rubbing away a bead of sweat that had formed on his forehead and held the scythe vertical, leaning against it as he smiled at the ghoul. "Dunno, but maybe she's in her room?"

He had never met this ghoul before, but she seemed pleasant enough, and she obviously knew Mei - and Sparrow, despite being only recently acquainted with Mei, knew her to be a strong, good-hearted person. That meant the company she kept was good too, didn't it?

Sparrow arched a brow. "I wasn't looking for one right now, no," he said, but he was still smiling as he added, "But I never say no to one. I'd be glad to be a sparring partner for you."

He stuck out his hand. "I'm Sparrow, by the way."

OnionGrump

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 pm
Fell paused in her tracks, eyes wide as though it just occurred to her.

"s**t!" She cursed loudly, clutching at the sides of her hair. "I didn't think of looking there!" Of course, shutting oneself in a room wasn't the grim reaper's idea of fun. So why would she had thought of looking for the broken doll there? Maybe because that same broken doll had just gone through a very traumatic experience.

Oh well, it didn't matter now, because fortunately for her, the reaper boil was willing to fill the role of sparring partner.

"Seriously? You don't mind at all?" That seemed to cure her mood.

:It won't be much of match. Ssshe'sss pretty wea--: Before he could finish, the soul eater got an elbow in the the nose.

"I'm Fell!" She chirped, taking his hand and gave it a good shake. "And this--" She yanked the soul eater up by the horns for Sparrow to see. "--is my pact partner, Kingsbane. Though I just call him King."

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 am
"I don't mind," responded Sparrow, and smiled again, stepping back and spinning the scythe around in his hand. "It's better to be able to practice with someone, after all. Sparring by yourself doesn't exactly work out most of the time.

"And it's a pleasure to meet you both," he added, and swung the scythe towards her.

User Image
[ HP: 40/40
Target: Fell
Damage: 0 LIEK A BOSS ]

OnionGrump

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

OnionGrump rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-12)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 am
The grim reaper returned the smile, before she mirrored him and stepped back.

Like the soul eater was about to blurt out, Fell wasn't all that skilled yet. In fact, she was a terrible fighter. But perhaps she could learn something from this Sparrow? After all, he was a fellow reaper... a really cute reaper. What couldn't she learn?

When the scythe came at her, she jumped back, grinning.

"I can't help but feel I'm under dressed." And by that, she meant, she was wearing her usual attire.

User Image

Fell's HP: 30/30
Target: Sparrow
Damage: 0
Fear: Soul Possession ( Y1 - Battle Cry )

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 am
A laugh rang out, Sparrow shaking his head as he darted away from the ghoul.

"Believe me, darling, I've seen ghouls dressed in a lot less than you and they have still soundly kicked my behind from here until next Moonday. So I'm quite certain you'll still be able to defend yourself well against me."

User Image
[ HP: 40/40
Damage: 0 LIEK A BOSS AGAIN ]

OnionGrump

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

OnionGrump rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-12)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:28 pm
"Really?" That was something she didn't expect to hear. Not ever. "Thanks for the encouragement. I feel a little more capable now~" She chuckled, just as Kingsbane appeared from behind Sparrow. Though the soul eater moved in for the attack, even snapping his jaws loudly, he didn't actually touch the boil. Instead, he allowed Fell to used it as a distraction, allowing the grim reaper to get an attack of her own in.

With a quick spin, she whipped the 'tail' part of her outfit at the boil, lashing it across his arm.

"Though," She continued from where they had left off earlier. "I'm certain, your quite a capable fighter yourself."

User Image

Fell's HP: 30/30
Damage: 3

kuropeco rolled 9 4-sided dice: 4, 2, 1, 3, 4, 2, 2, 4, 3 Total: 25 (9-36)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:54 pm
He smiled genially at her and shrugged. "In my opinion, all that one really needs is a solid will and a certain amount of self-control in strength. Appearance, after all, has nothing whatsoever to do with determining whether one can win or lose a battle - at least, in my own personal opin - oof."

Sparrow staggered backwards several steps, wincing a little, and then grinned up at the ghoul. "See what I mean?"

He straightened, and brushed off one of his sleeves, which were still rolled up to his elbows. "And no, not really," he admitted with a light laugh. "I'm afraid I still have quite a long ways to go, unfortunately."

Black shadows had coiled around the blade of the scythe, and Sparrow gripped the handle with both hands, swinging it around and propelling the projectiles towards the ghoul in one swift movement, black swirling through the air in a rapid fire gesture.

"Although I do like being able to do that, I must say."

User Image

YEAR TWO

--------

[ HP: 37/40
Damage: 21x.80 = 16.8 = 17 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

OnionGrump rolled 4 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 1, 1 Total: 6 (4-16)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 pm
Fell flinched when she saw the mass of shadow forming around the reaper. But before she could recover, Sparrow had already swung his scythe and literally fired what appeared to be shards of shadows at her. "Oh cra--" was all she managed to get out. While Kingsbane, realizing that she wouldn't move in time, began to forcefully dissipate in order to possess and move her himself. However, he failed when the shards moved quicker than he could dissipate and hit their target.

"Ugh!" She cursed under her breath at the intense pain from the attack and began inspecting the damage. She hadn't realized that Sparrow was able to manipulate shadows like that.

:Maybe if you actually covered yourself more, you wouldn't be so easily--:

"Oh thank Jack! I didn't lose anything!" She breathed a sigh of relief and leaned on the soul eater. Apparently she had been more worried about her outfit getting shredded than her own body.

User Image

Fell's HP: 13/30

kuromeez

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm
Breathing a little heavily, Sparrow pushed his hair away from his face and gave Fell an encouraging smile. "Sorry," he said cheerfully. "But I figured I wouldn't give you the disrespect of 'not hitting a ghoul.' I do dislike having to fight ghouls, but considering you've done me the respect of fighting me, I figured I'd do you the respect of fighting you seriously."

User Image

YEAR TWO

--------

Damage: 1 ]

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

OnionGrump rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 pm
At that, Fell couldn't but grin and let out a soft chuckle. "Wise choice on your end." She shrugged, removing herself from the soul eater. "I'd be pretty pissed if I found you were holding back on me. Its insulting and I feel like I'm being looked down on if someone hold's back on their attacks, over something as ridiculous as gender difference." A pause. "Not to say that doesn't have its usefulness, however." Though, given how bad her current form was, no one was likely to fear her wrath any time soon. Not on the battle field at least. Off the battle field on the other hand.... Well, she could think up a number of things to get back at them.

"Thanks for having the courtesy of not holding back."

User Image

Fell's HP: 12/30

kuromeez

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm
"I always give respect where respect is due," said Sparrow simply, and smiled lightly as he added, "Which is probably why I give none to either the hunters or the horsemen. I'm not so sure I trust the latter, and I definitely don't trust the former."

He spun the scythe out, catching her in the side to send her staggering.

"Not at all. Thank you for doing me the honor of putting up with me," said Sparrow cheerfully.

User Image

YEAR TWO

--------

Damage: 2 ]

Oniongrump

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff