Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
FUUUUuuu

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:01 pm
Got in an argument with a guy at the park today for taking my dog on the playground equipment with my sis. Almost got authorities involved. What the hell is the big Fu**ing deal? God... this is why I hate.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:15 pm
Xx_LunaJade_xX
Got in an argument with a guy at the park today for taking my dog on the playground equipment with my sis. Almost got authorities involved. What the hell is the big Fu**ing deal? God... this is why I hate.
Mind if I ask what the dud was upset about? If it was a big dog and it wasn't on a leash I would have some concern but Instead of telling you to get off I would just have my kid play somewhere else.  

Raleigh_Ronin

Favourit3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:34 pm
The guy clearly wasn't intimidated enough by your dog if he could stand arguing for that long?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:43 pm
Yea...my dogs a pretty small breed (papillon) so for one he couldnt have been that intimidated and two, it really wasn't a big deal.

Basically, he was telling me that it was unsanitary and rude and dangerous for his kids.

What I don't understand is that all public places have dogs.

(there wasn't a no dogs rule either)  

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:30 am
What kind of equipment did you have your dog on?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm
just playground equipment, umm like a structure. First he was saying it was dangerous for the dog, which i cant see how it could be, then he made up crap about it being unsanitary. rolleyes
Lady Kayura
What kind of equipment did you have your dog on?

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:54 pm
Xx_LunaJade_xX
Yea...my dogs a pretty small breed (papillon) so for one he couldnt have been that intimidated and two, it really wasn't a big deal.

Basically, he was telling me that it was unsanitary and rude and dangerous for his kids.

I think it is a little grodey that the dog could have used the bathroom in an area that kids play in- I also don't like people who let their cats into sand boxes and stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 am
Esiris
Xx_LunaJade_xX

I think it is a little grodey that the dog could have used the bathroom in an area that kids play in- I also don't like people who let their cats into sand boxes and stuff.
Agreed. Dog poo where small kids are playing is a big no go for me. Kids explore with their faces and mouths.

His kids could have also been allergic, I know if I get anywhere near a dog my eyes water and itch and my asthma kicks in really bad. Even in say a grocery store with a service dog. I tend to leave the store quickly if that happens.

I would have been "Hey, can you take your dog off the play structure? My kids are allergic and its a saftey issue to have a dog around them."  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 pm
Well, first, if the dog would have crapped on the playground structure i would have cleaned it. (they werent allergic because they had dogs with them.)Also, i may have been nicer if he had said just what you have said, but instead he said something like "Get your F***CKING dog off the playground equipment". Naturally this made me uncompliant because dogs ARE allowed on the playground structure. Another thing I dont understand is that other places where dogs are, such as parks, where kids play, its perfectly acceptable.
Blackrose_Knight
Esiris
Xx_LunaJade_xX

Agreed. Dog poo where small kids are playing is a big no go for me. Kids explore with their faces and mouths.

His kids could have also been allergic, I know if I get anywhere near a dog my eyes water and itch and my asthma kicks in really bad. Even in say a grocery store with a service dog. I tend to leave the store quickly if that happens.

I would have been "Hey, can you take your dog off the play structure? My kids are allergic and its a saftey issue to have a dog around them."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm
Wow. Don't the cops have bigger problems than a dog on friggin play ground equipment? neutral
Geez.. People these days..  

II-Cruel Intentions

Desirable Sex Symbol

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas