Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Self harm...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I - Ocean Eyes - I

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 pm
Hello there. I have a serious thing I'd like to talk about.. As the title goes.. It's about self harm. Ever since I was 12, I've been bullied. both online and in person. I've tried starving myself to lose weight.. and I completely changed my appearence. My family knows about this.. My mom has actually watched me cut infront of her. I'm now 16, and I still continue to cut. I'm trying to stop, but I need some help..Things have changed since I've been with my boyfriend. Since I've been with him the cutting has gone down, but it still continues..

Any advice??  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:26 pm
i self mutilated from my eighth grade year up through about early senior year in high school and stopping is in absolutely no way simple and it will take a lot of work, time, and patience. it is an actual addiction, you get hooked on causing physical pain to cause a distraction from any mental/emotional pain you're currently going through. the fact that you are wanting and trying to stop in and of itself is a huge start. the first thing i would ask is if you've brought this up with a doctor. they could help you out with getting any extra help be it a medication for depression or suggesting talking to someone and directing you there. of course if you don't want to that is absolutely your choice but it an option. another would be trying to find something else that distracts you, cheers you up, or anything that you can do to stay busy. anything really, keeping your mind and often your hands busy can really help and finding soemthing that makes you feel better even with simple things like a bad day, or stressed from running around most of the day, can be great.

just try and remember that even though it feels like it's helping, it's doing a lot more damage than it is good. the scars can last for years, it's something you have to carry with you for years, and like i said, it's hard to stop if you've done it for a while. get support from your friends, and your family, and anyone else who cares about you because those are your best starting points for trying to stop. they can help distract you, try and cheer you up, or even just be someone to talk to so you feel better from unloading whatever the problem is that's bothering you.

i hope that at least something in there helps you out a little and that other girls here can give you some more advice. and i wish you the absolute best with stopping this but i promise you that if you keep at it that you will eventually stop, you just have to really keep at it.  

StrayKit

I - Ocean Eyes - I

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:36 pm
StrayKit
i self mutilated from my eighth grade year up through about early senior year in high school and stopping is in absolutely no way simple and it will take a lot of work, time, and patience. it is an actual addiction, you get hooked on causing physical pain to cause a distraction from any mental/emotional pain you're currently going through. the fact that you are wanting and trying to stop in and of itself is a huge start. the first thing i would ask is if you've brought this up with a doctor. they could help you out with getting any extra help be it a medication for depression or suggesting talking to someone and directing you there. of course if you don't want to that is absolutely your choice but it an option. another would be trying to find something else that distracts you, cheers you up, or anything that you can do to stay busy. anything really, keeping your mind and often your hands busy can really help and finding soemthing that makes you feel better even with simple things like a bad day, or stressed from running around most of the day, can be great.

just try and remember that even though it feels like it's helping, it's doing a lot more damage than it is good. the scars can last for years, it's something you have to carry with you for years, and like i said, it's hard to stop if you've done it for a while. get support from your friends, and your family, and anyone else who cares about you because those are your best starting points for trying to stop. they can help distract you, try and cheer you up, or even just be someone to talk to so you feel better from unloading whatever the problem is that's bothering you.

i hope that at least something in there helps you out a little and that other girls here can give you some more advice. and i wish you the absolute best with stopping this but i promise you that if you keep at it that you will eventually stop, you just have to really keep at it.

Thank you a ton for this advice♥. I'm currently still in highschool, so I think i'll actually go to guidence about it. Only a few friends know about it. Through the years I've been good at hiding it. Long sleeve shirts and such. But, gym class is horrible. I have to wear a million wrist bands. I'm a very shy and scared person, so I'm not really sure how I'd take it to a doctor.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 pm
I - Ocean Eyes - I
StrayKit

Thank you a ton for this advice♥. I'm currently still in highschool, so I think i'll actually go to guidence about it. Only a few friends know about it. Through the years I've been good at hiding it. Long sleeve shirts and such. But, gym class is horrible. I have to wear a million wrist bands. I'm a very shy and scared person, so I'm not really sure how I'd take it to a doctor.

i understand that, wrist bands and jackets were my best friends at the time i was doing the same, and gym was aweful. just be aware that bringing it up with a counsoler while it is a good thing, they may be required to tell your parents about it depending on how bad it is. i referanced it for a project sophomore year about stereotypes we have about us and my teacher had to pull me aside and ask about it because it's their job. so just as a heads up, but that is a really great place to start off. and with doctors saying that you're doing it in general is a bit awkward to do, especially when your shy believe me, i still blush and get quiet around strangers, but if you want to bring it up with them you'll find a way to do it, don't worry. and you're very welcome for the advice, i'm glad it helped some!  

StrayKit

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm
Reading that hurt me ~.~

I can relate to you, bullied, harassed physically and sexually, alienated by
my family, abused, ect. =.= Since I was eight years old.

I used to cut myself, I still get to that point where I start to.
I was given this advice: If you get an urge to harm yourself, squeeze and ice
cube in your hand.

I guess Buddhists believe if you can conquer pain
(like squeezing the **** out of a cube of ice)
then you can control it.

If that fails, do as Kit said.. Think about other things? Perhaps scratch the
couch? (Sounds weird, but that's what I do.)

Idk.. What's wrong with society, where people must attack children?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 pm
I'm going to highly recommend visiting a professional if the option is available to you. Even if things are going better now, there's always the chance that your relationship won't go as planned, and the last thing you want is for your anchor to vanish out of your life. It helps a lot to have an uninvolved individual in your life who you can talk to, regardless of their own feelings on the matters.  

Josephine Jo

6,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items