Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Frank Peretti

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:00 am
I had been reading a Frank Peretti book I recently got a hold of. So far I'm reading This Present Darkness, I believe was the title (and I hope I got the name of the author right). So far, the book is intense. It's a bit scary at points. However, I admire this man's bold outlook on Christianity that demons and other evils exist on the physical realm that come from the spiritual realm and can mess with the lives of people who don't know or wish to know God's word. I suppose I enjoy when people are bold in their ideas and aren't afraid what others think.

Speaking of this, has anyone else read any of Frank Peretti's books? If so, what do you think about them?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:19 pm
I read that book before and also 'Monster.' I enjoyed both. This Present Darkness is great for people that like suspense, but would probably creep out people that aren't used to talking about demons and such. Some people would describe it as dark because the spiritual warfare aspect, but it's just the kick in the pants that gets you thinking about the supernatural realm (in a Christian way). It's interesting seeing what the angels and demons are up to and how what they do affects the human characters and vice versa. I thought I'd know what would happen, but they didn't turn out how I expected at all.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:45 pm
apiyo
I read that book before and also 'Monster.' I enjoyed both. This Present Darkness is great for people that like suspense, but would probably creep out people that aren't used to talking about demons and such. Some people would describe it as dark because the spiritual warfare aspect, but it's just the kick in the pants that gets you thinking about the supernatural realm (in a Christian way). It's interesting seeing what the angels and demons are up to and how what they do affects the human characters and vice versa. I thought I'd know what would happen, but they didn't turn out how I expected at all.

I agree that some of his works are intense. I enjoy the spiritual warfare aspect of it and wish that all Christians would see it in this type of light because it is very real and happening around us every day 3nodding

I've never heard of "Monster", is that a Frank Peretti book as well?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm
Aquatic_blue
apiyo

I agree that some of his works are intense. I enjoy the spiritual warfare aspect of it and wish that all Christians would see it in this type of light because it is very real and happening around us every day 3nodding

Yes, that's a Peretti book too. It's more casual and doesn't get into spiritual warfare..  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm
apiyo
Aquatic_blue
apiyo

Yes, that's a Peretti book too. It's more casual and doesn't get into spiritual warfare..

Hmm, interesting.  
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff