Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:23 am
Well, I am living on my own now (sort of, I have roommates). First time that I've ever supported myself. I lived with my mom until 2 years ago and then with my boyfriend, and he was the "breadwinner". I've moved into a place closer to work and he just moved to New Hampshire of all places.

I'm pretty conflicted. I like being responsible for myself (and my animals), I love my job, I am slowly making friends here. But I'm going to miss him and I do miss home and NH is much closer to Boston than here. Of course we fought all the time and I really don't want to live with him and I don't want to go there and not have a job and be back at square one, not to mention having to coordinate another cross country trip with the animals, and get rid of almost everything I own AGAIN.

Life is tough. I think I wouldn't be so sad if I had some kind of support system here and if I was making more money. I guess my plan for now is to look for a second job and try to spend as little as possible so I can save up lots of money.

Also, since it's the only thing that I can't carry on my own (should I have to move for whatever reason) I'm thinking of selling my fish tank and just getting a 5g and a desk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:18 pm
Aw man Tiffy, that is a lot of changes gonk I hope things work out well for you heart heart heart heart  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm
It'll all work out, Nilla! *hugs* If SL is still around, I call dibs :p  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 pm
Big changes like that just suck. sad

All I can say is hang in there. You'll learn how much fun a different lifestyle can be.  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 pm
I think there is a satisfaction that comes from earning your own keep and being independant. What would I know I still live with my folks lol. I'm sorry about your boyfriend but, things will get better. Maybe you can hold off switching tanks till the day that you decide to move. Just enjoy it for now.  
Off- Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games