Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NekoAnimeLuv

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:35 pm
Hey girls! I need some help, with my resume. I have never had a job and I'm 15. I've looked at a couple resume samples, but I want to make sure. So my question what do I need on my resume?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:42 pm
Okay, well, first of all DO NOT use text talk, at all!
Don't do this Gainesville, FL
You have to spel it out completely
Florida
Give references
Skills
Experience
Schooling
Your expectations
Number, name, city, state, address, zip code  

Thistleclaw

Shirtless Elder

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:54 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You need a professional email which is normally the first letter of your first name and then the your last name. You need an objective, your school and work or volunteerism experience, references

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Have you ever volunteered anywhere? Put that down as experience. While you're looking, you might try looking for volunteer experience to put on your resume. Even if it's just a day, put it down and dress it up.

The job I have now is my first job, and I had little volunteer experience. Only one I had was a day, but you better believe I played that up. What I mostly did was put down all of my skills, ordered from most to least relevant. So, my skills would look something like this (plus formatting):

GENERAL COMPUTER
*Typing speed of up to 70-80 WPM.
*Ability to quickly utilize 10 key for rapid number entry.
*Copy, scan, fax, and print documents.
*Using MS Word and MS Excel to organize information and create polished documents.

And I changed up my resume depending on the job I was applying for. For office jobs, I would expand the "general computer" section into a couple different ones and fill that out. For general retail, I had to sort of fluff it up with the aforementioned volunteer experience. For my current job, which is working at a pet store, I went into great detail about my experience with all kinds of animals.

Keep a plaintext version of your resume, and a word document with all of your formatting. Play around with it, make it look professional and yet modern. Use tables, play around with font sizes and capitals (I liked doing this:
C
APITOL WORD).

Also, I've heard that objectives are dated and a lot of people prefer to start their resume out with a short list that summarizes your skills and attributes. This will be things like "Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues." (and yes I just pulled that off google). Play up your strengths, for sure.

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:15 am
http://www.ehow.com/how_2341763_create-resume-no-work-history.html  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:04 pm
Thank you everyone for the help biggrin

NekoAnimeLuv

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm
NekoAnimeLuv

If you ever want someone to look it over (personal info changed), I can help. I'm not a professional, but interviewers seemed to like my resumes.

Kudos to you for getting a job at your age. Provided you can keep on top of your grades, it's great for future resumes. Trying to get your first job post-graduation is hell.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:45 pm
Celestial Fireflies
NekoAnimeLuv

If you ever want someone to look it over (personal info changed), I can help. I'm not a professional, but interviewers seemed to like my resumes.

Kudos to you for getting a job at your age. Provided you can keep on top of your grades, it's great for future resumes. Trying to get your first job post-graduation is hell.

Oh okay. Thanks I really want a job so I can start earning money of my own, I won't keep the job if I can't maintain good grades or it becomes too stressful. I heard about that. I want to try and get one now because when grade 12 hits I might not keep my job because of all the stuff I want to do in grade 12.

NekoAnimeLuv

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items