Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Frustrating Textbook Definitions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shameless Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:45 pm
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Shameless Smile
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Shameless Smile

I couldn't agree with you more, I've been taking child studies or as my school call's it 'parenting' for a while now. Since I'm Asexual I don't plan on having children in the "normal" way, because of this it get's awkward. Now my teacher doesn't make it heterosexual based, which I love her for, but the textbooks do.

My teacher and the book make it heterosexual based. She also straight up said "I do not believe in bisexuality." That absolutely baffled me, especially since she is supposed to be an idol who people look up to.

Wow that's bad even if she thinks it she should keep her options to herself, are there any other Bi/Gay people in the class?

Not that I know of but I don't talk to that many people. redface  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 pm
Shameless Smile
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Shameless Smile
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Shameless Smile

I couldn't agree with you more, I've been taking child studies or as my school call's it 'parenting' for a while now. Since I'm Asexual I don't plan on having children in the "normal" way, because of this it get's awkward. Now my teacher doesn't make it heterosexual based, which I love her for, but the textbooks do.

My teacher and the book make it heterosexual based. She also straight up said "I do not believe in bisexuality." That absolutely baffled me, especially since she is supposed to be an idol who people look up to.

Wow that's bad even if she thinks it she should keep her options to herself, are there any other Bi/Gay people in the class?

Not that I know of but I don't talk to that many people. redface

Lol I'm the same. Try to talk to others and see if they feel the same as you if you can.  

Anne Rice Vampire Lover

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 pm
Dear god. You punched a teacher !? XD thats great!
that sounds like a serious example right there.
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Xx_LunaJade_xX
As i explained in another topic, this scenerio happened to me as well. Apparently many teachers dont see it as an issue to state these beliefs infront of their class. I dont think its acceptable.
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Shameless Smile
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Shameless Smile

Some teachers are bad for such things as I have noticed, one time I actually punched a teacher because my friend is gay and we were both in a class and the topic had come up and the teacher said he didn't think it was 'right' to be gay. At first we were shocked at this but let it slide because we know there are just people out there like that but then the teacher started marking my friend absent when he was there and I confronted the teacher about it and all they replied with was "So, why should it matter to me if he doesn't pass. I don't see him in the class." Well long story short it ended with me breaking the teachers nose, getting suspended for two weeks but on a plus I got the teacher fired for what they said. Sorry I'm rambling.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 am
Lol Yeah I did, only got a two week suspension for ti too!
It was I was so pissed! I'll never regret hitting him.
Xx_LunaJade_xX
Dear god. You punched a teacher !? XD thats great!
that sounds like a serious example right there.
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Xx_LunaJade_xX
As i explained in another topic, this scenerio happened to me as well. Apparently many teachers dont see it as an issue to state these beliefs infront of their class. I dont think its acceptable.
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Shameless Smile

Some teachers are bad for such things as I have noticed, one time I actually punched a teacher because my friend is gay and we were both in a class and the topic had come up and the teacher said he didn't think it was 'right' to be gay. At first we were shocked at this but let it slide because we know there are just people out there like that but then the teacher started marking my friend absent when he was there and I confronted the teacher about it and all they replied with was "So, why should it matter to me if he doesn't pass. I don't see him in the class." Well long story short it ended with me breaking the teachers nose, getting suspended for two weeks but on a plus I got the teacher fired for what they said. Sorry I'm rambling.

Anne Rice Vampire Lover

GaYnus

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:48 am
Shameless Smile
I'm a senior in high school and decided to take child development as a slack off easy A class. This chapter, I came across the definition of sexuality. My teacher blabbed on and on about how people start noticing the opposite gender blah blah. (We've all heard it.) What makes me so mad is it was NEVER like that for me. I've never been attracted to the opposite gender. EVER. And my teacher didn't acknowledge the fact that this was even an option. The definition of sexuality in the textbook was also strictly related to "straight intentions." I realize I am in a child development class, but that doesn't mean that only people who can physically have kids should be in the class. Anyone can care for a child, regardless of their sexuality.

I would have told the class just what you told us emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:03 pm
Splendid Venus
Shameless Smile
I'm a senior in high school and decided to take child development as a slack off easy A class. This chapter, I came across the definition of sexuality. My teacher blabbed on and on about how people start noticing the opposite gender blah blah. (We've all heard it.) What makes me so mad is it was NEVER like that for me. I've never been attracted to the opposite gender. EVER. And my teacher didn't acknowledge the fact that this was even an option. The definition of sexuality in the textbook was also strictly related to "straight intentions." I realize I am in a child development class, but that doesn't mean that only people who can physically have kids should be in the class. Anyone can care for a child, regardless of their sexuality.

Easier said than done.  

Shameless Smile

GaYnus

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 pm
Shameless Smile
Splendid Venus
Shameless Smile

Easier said than done.

I guess it just depends on the person, i don't have much of a filter confused  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 pm
Anne Rice Vampire Lover

Thanks the teacher had just pissed me off so much, to be honest I think the main reason he was fired was because he slapped me back not because of his attitude towards gays which pisses me off more but at least he probably find another job teaching. So at least it worked out sort of, it felt a little like a hollow victory to me. confused

that's horrible about your teacher. education is becoming such a disgrace now days. there are so many prejudices, politics and stuff going on. my school is very corrupt. on a lighter note: i love your signature!  

Atakirna

Enduring Initiate

12,825 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200

Anne Rice Vampire Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:00 am
Epona_08
Anne Rice Vampire Lover

Thanks the teacher had just pissed me off so much, to be honest I think the main reason he was fired was because he slapped me back not because of his attitude towards gays which pisses me off more but at least he probably find another job teaching. So at least it worked out sort of, it felt a little like a hollow victory to me. confused

that's horrible about your teacher. education is becoming such a disgrace now days. there are so many prejudices, politics and stuff going on. my school is very corrupt. on a lighter note: i love your signature!

I know it is sad when teachers, the people who are supposed to put you on the right path for living in society, shows you that you should judge people for things that are part of who they are but don't make up. I mean like for most of my life, and I'm pretty sure this applies to a lot of other people too, is to not judge people and accept them for who they are. I am I right? Also thank you I love yours too! It's cute.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 pm
Anne Rice Vampire Lover
Epona_08
Anne Rice Vampire Lover

I know it is sad when teachers, the people who are supposed to put you on the right path for living in society, shows you that you should judge people for things that are part of who they are but don't make up. I mean like for most of my life, and I'm pretty sure this applies to a lot of other people too, is to not judge people and accept them for who they are. I am I right? Also thank you I love yours too! It's cute.

yes you are right. i've found that it's always best to keep an open mind about things until i hear about all sides of the story. good points and bad. purposes and reasons for it. ect ect. that's when a person can make their own opinions about something and be able to justify them and stand next to them.
thanks for the compliment on my signature. one thing is though that it doesn't show up properly in guild posts. the "support love, not hate" post should have wings xD
PS- oh look! christmas colors!

Atakirna

Enduring Initiate

12,825 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash