Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:52 pm
o____o

He's been in the same place for awhile...

I've never had a snail. The two fish are fine, begging for foods as always.

Whyyy did Gary dieeee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 pm
<_< So.. he's either really good at playing dead or he's a zombie snail.

I put him in the plant after looking at him earlier and as I'm walking by the tank I see him floating. This looks really weird so I keep watching him. He tilts upward, lets out a uh... burp? Ionno. And then he sinks.

After a moment he glues himself back to the bottom of the tank and is now going on the algae on the side.

Anyone else ever have silly snails?  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 pm
We alllwaaays have people bringing in their snails because they think they're dead, and then I have to show them that they're not. Yeah, they do that occasionally where they'll just hang out in a single spot for awhile, but they're not actually dead. If I suspect they're dead, I try to smell them (kinda gross) and then I try their little "trap door", as I like to call it. You know the hard part that they draw in when they go into their shell? I tug on that a little; a dead snail will come loose easily, a living snail (needless to say) will give some resistance and usually start squirming tighter into their shell.

Fun story, I almost threw away my snail. I thought it was dead, but I saw it in the middle of the night and did NOT feel like grabbing around for lights and a net and fiddling with the lid. So I left it until morning. I come back to the tank in the morning, and it moved! He's a great size now, I love it. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 pm
Celestial Fireflies
We alllwaaays have people bringing in their snails because they think they're dead, and then I have to show them that they're not. Yeah, they do that occasionally where they'll just hang out in a single spot for awhile, but they're not actually dead. If I suspect they're dead, I try to smell them (kinda gross) and then I try their little "trap door", as I like to call it. You know the hard part that they draw in when they go into their shell? I tug on that a little; a dead snail will come loose easily, a living snail (needless to say) will give some resistance and usually start squirming tighter into their shell.

Fun story, I almost threw away my snail. I thought it was dead, but I saw it in the middle of the night and did NOT feel like grabbing around for lights and a net and fiddling with the lid. So I left it until morning. I come back to the tank in the morning, and it moved! He's a great size now, I love it. smile

That's really comforting that it's not uncommon! I was actually pretty bummed because well, he's so cute and I love watching his mouth on the glass.

Snails are just too funny biggrin What kind of snail do you have?  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200