Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Suicidal Thoughts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sincerely Grace

Malevolent Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 am
As of late, Suicidal thoughts have gotten the best of me. I don't want suicide or anything to do with it. I told my best friend and youth counselor, and they helped. But I can't tell my youth pastor. I'm so scared of him, hahaha. So, any advice to help me tell him?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 am
You don't want to commit suicide, but you're constantly imagining it? like mental images coming into your head and not necessarily having feelings of being "worthless", "unneeded", or a "burden" on people? is that what you mean? Are you afraid he is going to yell at you or get parents involved? There is real spiritual warfare going on; the more people you have on your side praying for you, or just being aware of Satan's tactics, the better. Satan likes to belittle and accuse YHWH's creations of being worthless or make them feel like they can't depend on their Heavenly Father for anything. Sometimes he infiltrates your mind with thoughts or, if your mind is focused on God, he'll speak through the people around you (even so-called believers) to steal your joy or cast doubt when you're acting in accordance to his will.

Since I don't know him personally, I don't know what approach works best. But just tell him that you're having certain mental images of suicide coming into your head (that you don't want) and would like his help/advice on how to resolve them. Ask our Heavenly Father too, just like that. Actually, that should always be the first thing; rely on him before anything, pray for his help first, consult his scripture. If you don't know scripture that well, consult someone who does. Some practical advice: be careful what you're listening-to/watching/reading. We have a highly complex brain & body; subliminally we can't be sure of what we're letting in, so maybe try "fasting" from entertainment for a few days and replace it with scripture (meaning, in place of watching TV or reading a book, use it to study scripture instead; the type of "imagery" you're feeding your brain—whether visually, verbally, or through daydreams—might be having an effect).  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Sincerely Grace

Malevolent Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:15 am
real eyes realize
You don't want to commit suicide, but you're constantly imagining it?

No, Maybe i want to commit suicide, but I know it's wrong and am afraid to do it. When, for instance, my parents yell at me about a certain thing, I feel stupid and wanna do it...? I don't understand it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:56 am
ii_Kanako_ii

No, Maybe i want to commit suicide, but I know it's wrong and am afraid to do it. When, for instance, my parents yell at me about a certain thing, I feel stupid and wanna do it...? I don't understand it.

Like I said, Satan will speak through people around you to make you feel worthless, it's especially easy if the people around you operate out of their flesh and not their spirit (here is the difference: Gal 5:19-26). Earthly parents, relatives, teachers, peers, whomever, do not let them determine your worth in this world. Think of your value in YHWH's eyes. He's the one that matters. If they yell at you, that's just their impatience/anger (reacting out of their flesh instead of the Spirit's gentle, yet firm correction). They should only be using their words to edify, not destroy your spirit, so you may want to bring Eph 4:29-32 up to their attention. Even our corrections must be gentle (2 Tm 2:25). Do not let the world's treatment of you—whether it's bad or good—decide whether you live or not. Live your life by his words because even family can betray you. The world will hate you, and even family will come against you (Lk 12:51-53, Matt 10:22)

This is what YHWH spoke through his servants to his people, and if you belong to him, this applies to you too:

Quote:
Isaiah 43:4 (NIV)

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.

Quote:
Romans 8:32 (NIV)

32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

If there is some kind of discord in your family, a problem of any sort, check his word to see what he says about it; if they claim to believe in him, they need to apply what he's saying. He is the solution to all of our relationship problems.

edit: and of course, pray. Ask him for anything else you may need: for him to open your family's eyes, to soften their hearts, for strength to endure poisonous words, for peace, wisdom. He's just waiting for the request, he wants to see you trusting him.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

mindviperitachi

Mewling Beau

10,890 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 pm
real eyes realize
ii_Kanako_ii

Like I said, Satan will speak through people around you to make you feel worthless, it's especially easy if the people around you operate out of their flesh and not their spirit (here is the difference: Gal 5:19-26). Earthly parents, relatives, teachers, peers, whomever, do not let them determine your worth in this world. Think of your value in YHWH's eyes. He's the one that matters. If they yell at you, that's just their impatience/anger (reacting out of their flesh instead of the Spirit's gentle, yet firm correction). They should only be using their words to edify, not destroy your spirit, so you may want to bring Eph 4:29-32 up to their attention. Even our corrections must be gentle (2 Tm 2:25). Do not let the world's treatment of you—whether it's bad or good—decide whether you live or not. Live your life by his words because even family can betray you. The world will hate you, and even family will come against you (Lk 12:51-53, Matt 10:22)

This is what YHWH spoke through his servants to his people, and if you belong to him, this applies to you too:

Quote:
Isaiah 43:4 (NIV)

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.

Quote:
Romans 8:32 (NIV)

32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

If there is some kind of discord in your family, a problem of any sort, check his word to see what he says about it; if they claim to believe in him, they need to apply what he's saying. He is the solution to all of our relationship problems.

edit: and of course, pray. Ask him for anything else you may need: for him to open your family's eyes, to soften their hearts, for strength to endure poisonous words, for peace, wisdom. He's just waiting for the request, he wants to see you trusting him.

These are truly beautiful words! I thank God they came at the right time. I've been thinking about the same things. Even though the oppressive words, come from more the inside, I'd allowed the devil to infiltrate my mind from a very young age,
I've been literally putting road blocks in my own way,depression,failing,doubt but it was because I couldn't cope with the fact that I was so helpless as a child; that my sister would sexually molest me and ...I've been fighting suicide continuously because of it, but I accept my healing right now in the name of Jesus. Only Jesus has helped me through this, God's word through you have soothed me. Thanks for this thread!*~<3  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games