Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Was anyone else here in denial? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravyns Darkness

Precious Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 am
I never really had a problem with my sexuality. To me, it just was what it was. I mean, I didn't go around advertising that I liked women and men or anything, but if someone asked I was honest about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 am
At first I has never thought about it and I just assumed I liked girls like everyone else. At about 7th grade I started to fantasize about some boys in class, but I'd just ignore and deny. Eventually, during my freshman year in high school, I started developing crushes on boys. And that summer, I told a close friend I liked him ( he was straight ) he didn't mind of course, he just never liked me back. At that time I identified as bisexual, still denying my homosexuality. Then comes sophomore year and I meat this boy. About this time last year we started talking, and on the 29th, four days after Christmas he asked me out. Dating him, I realized I was gay and boom!! No more denial. Sorry this is so long. sweatdrop  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Fatal Cumshot

Wheezing Noob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:54 pm
I was. Had a few girlfriends and even slept with one. whee

Full blown queer now!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:25 am
I was for a few years and just like you I got the point where I would offend homosexuals calling them faggots and questioning why they had to be that way, I was a homophobe. but it was beacuse I knew the truth, i knew I was one of those fags I used to critize so much. I even had 5 girlfriends and always told my straight friend that I've slept with them, I even made stories up abotu having sex with them and all that crap. now i'ma happy homo with a boyfriend and a family that loves me beacuse i opened up to them.

Remember you can't expect to make someone happy if you're not happy yourself.  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

iDERZY

Thieving Cat

14,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 am
I was questioning and in denial for a while. I remember being younger and not being able to give girls hugs because it gave me weird feelings in the nether regions. It was surprising to me and somewhat scary too. I didn't understand it since I was as young as 6 or so.

Then I thought about it heavily again when I was in middle school and high school. I just put it off, because I just didn't want to bring it up and get any negative feedback. I got asked a few times by my parents if I was lesbian. They said it was okay, but I just didn't feel like telling them I was questioning.

I pushed it out of my head again, and continued to date men. I'm getting married to a man now.
When I went to college, I found my best friend since 2nd grade who I had not talked to in ages. Man. She looked beautiful and amazing. I always thought so, and I think subconsciously I was "in love" with her.

I came to terms with being bisexual quietly and talked to a few people about it. Plainly, I think some women are attractive and some are not. It's the same with men.
I openly talk about how I think some women are attractive with my fiance whenever we start playing games with females or models or something. I'd never go for a 3-way or anything.

smile I love him.

I still haven't told my parents since my mom believes bisexuals are greedy and just care about sex. I don't want to tell her and get negative feedback. I know she'd still love me, but I'd never hear the end of the jokes...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm
Anytime before I accepted my sexuality (pansexual) and I saw a girl I was like "She's pretty but I don't want to date her," even if I did. I laugh at it now because I said/thought some stupid things when I was denying it.

What made me accept it? I had a crush on a FICTIONAL female character. XD Seriously. Then I began to show interest in other females but still liked guys too. And went into deep thought one day and figured out that I was pan.

Phases:
5th-7th: "I'm strictly straight. I find girls 'pretty' but don't wanna date them."
7th-8th: "I MAY be bi but I'm pretty sure I'm straight"
Short time in 8th: "I'm asexual." I didn't want to bother with love or dating or something.
8th-Now: "SCREW IT! I'M KNOW I'M PAN!"  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:25 am
I denied my sexuality (bisexual) for the longest time. Even though I dealt with crushing on and feeling the physical effects from guys and girls, I just thought that I couldn't love a guy. What finally snapped me out of it was falling in love with my best friend,who revealed he liked me (I had no idea before hand that he was gay). As a kind of a last straw to my denial, I dated him.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:31 pm
When I was 13 that was when I realized I was a lesbian and actually knew what a lesbian was. I tried to like boys but I just didn't. I tried dating and stuff but when I got into my sophmore year of high school I decided not to hide anymore and not care about my sexuality like that. I just accepted it and now I even like it. I think maybe because I've known since I was 5 it was a bit easier for me by the time I got to 13.

Most LGBTQ people go through these phases, I think, and at varying degrees. I think it also depends on what kind of environment you are in. These things all effect that process. I personally grew up in a very Christian home with people who look down on homosexuality and I still haven't told them but because I happen to have a stubborn and rebellious side, I decided I wasn't going to be ashamed of my sexuality. I don't tell them because I haven't moved out yet and I don't want to deal with them trying to force me to go to church and crap. I think you just have to realize that being gay isn't a bad thing, people just make it into a bad thing.  

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Taka-tan

Dapper Autobiographer

3,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:45 pm
Yes, I denied it. Mostly due to two reasons; 1: I was raised in a strict, traditional Christian family were being bisexual or homosexual was taught as being wrong. And 2: The first guy I was falling in love with was my best friend. I finally tossed the denial aside when he revealed he had feelings for me... and I revealed mine too him... and he asked me out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm
i've denied it for years...the closest i came to the truth was that i was bi. But thanks to a wonderful girl she helped me admit the truth and it feels so much better now! 3nodding heart  

Ame_Kaji_Arashi

Bashful Gaian

7,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Crockster99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:32 pm
I have always denied it and still try to, I believe that if everyone knows I'm ruined I believe this is what makes me sad/depressed and isolated XD What a great life I have  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:57 pm
I guess you could say I was in denial in high school and my first and second year of college.
I never felt right in my own body (I am FtM pre-op), but I found myself attracted to men, so I figured I was just "tom-boyish" and disregarded my being uncomfortable. I figured that since I was attracted to men, I had to look and dress girlish. It wasn't until the end of my second year of college that I accepted that I was in the wrong body.
I now wear a chest binder and more boyish looking clothing (it is very hard to find male clothes that fit my small form). I haven't really told anyone close to me.  

GlitchFoxx

Sweetest Fox

23,150 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers