View Results

Arlinn Kord

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:59 am
User Image

Heya folks, I thought I'd pop in and start a thread about cloth diapering. I saw that another woman was also using them in the photos thread, and I'm highly pleased!

I personally started out on disposable diapers; they were easy to acquire and everyone kept telling me I'd hate cloth. I had talked about using them a lot through out the pregnancy (I mean, they're so CUTE! All the pretty designs!)... but once my little man was hear I was quickly shaken from the idea. People just kept saying it was gross, you wouldn't be able to handle it, blah blah blah...

And then one day, as I was changing his diaper, my significant other suggested we buy a big pack he saw on Ebay. At this point we were staying out on our own and no one was in our ear about it, and so we took the dive. It was a slow transition; probably took all of a month. You could see how much happier my little boy was with wearing the cloth, though. He wouldn't cry when he was getting changed if we throw a insert at him, because he knew what was coming next lol

Well, we stuck with it and now we're the proud owners of about 60 diapers, 120 inserts, and a very happy wallet. I could've never imagined the amount of money we would save! On a more personal note it's also fun trying to accessorize with them... oh my I love looking for patterns that match his cloths xD

So, the discussion!
>How do you feel about cloth diapers?
>What are some of your favorite brands? Do you care?
>Do you use the prefolds or do you prefer the diaper cover/insert combo?

>Anything else you can think of pertaining to the subject

P.S
I'm no brand hunter for cloth diaper covers/inserts. I use Happy Flute, some chinese company that sells large packs pretty cheap (40/80 for about 70-79 bucks. 20/40 for about 50 bucks on Ebay. They stand the test of time pretty well! No tears in the poly inside of the diaper covers, no seams unraveling, etc.).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:55 am
User Image
I love the cloth diapers, the twins have a lot less rashes than my oldest did (we used disposable with her). Honestly they are a lot easier than everyone says and I don't find them to be any more trouble than the disposables even when traveling.
When we found out we were expecting x2 my hubby and I discussed it and researched the different kinds. We picked the Flip by BumGenius because it is the system that best suited us. The covers adjust out for various sizes so you only need one set per baby, you don't have to keep buying them as the baby grows. It has insert liners so that you only need 2-3 covers a day. We bought some of the liners and my MIL & Granny made us a bunch of liners to fit it. We do a load of liners and covers once a day on average.
At our changing station we keep two trash cans, one is the diaper genie for the wipes the other is a regular can with a cover with a smaller can set inside. That smaller can is filled with hot water, white vinegar and 6 drops of tea tree oil it is for the yucky diapers.
It amazes me how many people try to put you off of cloth diapering. We had a ton of people telling us how hard it would be and it wouldn't be any cheaper. But we did our own research and discovered that yes it was a lot cheaper especially with twins, and that with the cover/liner systems it really isn't any more trouble than disposables. The only spot of trouble we had was when the twins were first born they were on the small side and the diapers were too big at first. We used disposable for the first month until they could fit into the cloth ones.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Arlinn Kord

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:25 am
MercyWild

You know how cool it is that your mother in law and grandmother make inserts? I've got to give that a try...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:25 am
Stimpaks for Dragons
MercyWild

You know how cool it is that your mother in law and grandmother make inserts? I've got to give that a try...

It is awesome. That saved us I don't know how much money, because for most of the material we just used scraps we had around (old hand towels work great) and stuff we found at salvation army.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

FredesvindaTiburcio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 pm
I also use cloth diapers.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:47 pm
They are cheaper in the long run.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

FredesvindaTiburcio

33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff