Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Afraid of family's thoughts on my bisexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:09 am
Shanna66
yeah, the only complaint i have about not telling my aunts, uncles, and cousins is that i cant post about my girl crushes on facebook without them figuring it out, and half of them are the type of people i really dont want to know. pretty much they are the type of people that dont questions the bible and want to vote for romney because he is a republican instead of voting for him because they agree with him on issues

but i do share alot of lgbt friendly posts, pictures, and news so they know where i stand on gay rights so if it ever did come out it shouldnt be some huge suprise. plus im still the cousin that does the most for my grandmother and as long as she is ok with me they would have to suck it up.

Yeah, I know how that goes. Sometimes I want to make comments about girl crushes but don't because it would out myself. Some of my extended family is like yours. Some of them are of the mentality that Obama's a Muslim so they won't vote for a Muslim. *sigh*

I sort of see myself someday coming out casually to my parents then deciding not to hide it anymore. But that day is not today. ._.

Nice that your grandmother is fine with you. <3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am
Lady Kayura
Shanna66
yeah, the only complaint i have about not telling my aunts, uncles, and cousins is that i cant post about my girl crushes on facebook without them figuring it out, and half of them are the type of people i really dont want to know. pretty much they are the type of people that dont questions the bible and want to vote for romney because he is a republican instead of voting for him because they agree with him on issues

but i do share alot of lgbt friendly posts, pictures, and news so they know where i stand on gay rights so if it ever did come out it shouldnt be some huge suprise. plus im still the cousin that does the most for my grandmother and as long as she is ok with me they would have to suck it up.

Yeah, I know how that goes. Sometimes I want to make comments about girl crushes but don't because it would out myself. Some of my extended family is like yours. Some of them are of the mentality that Obama's a Muslim so they won't vote for a Muslim. *sigh*

I sort of see myself someday coming out casually to my parents then deciding not to hide it anymore. But that day is not today. ._.

Nice that your grandmother is fine with you. <3

my grandmother doesnt know im bi, and she very christian, but she believes in what the bible actually teaches and tries very hard not to hate people. i do want to come out to her at some point but im not yet sure how. im her favorite grandchild though and im the one that takes her to all her doctor appointments so i know she wont disown me from the family, she may be unhappy and tell me that she will pray for me, but she is nice and loving enough where it wouldnt ruin our relationship.

coming out to her probably wont be as easy and coming out to my dad was though lol. im sure she will have questions and want to talk about it while my dad just said ok and kept driving

i hope you are able to come out to your parents someday. its nice being able to talk to my dad about hot ladies on tv.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items