Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I got a new addition! *Pictures and sad news*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:19 am
I got an albino bristlenose pleco for my 10 gallon tank! I'm prepared to do the frequent water changes that come with having a pleco (this isn't my first BN, and as some of you know, it isn't my only pleco as I have a common pleco in with my RES turtle.). I got him/her yesterday after work. It's so tiny and cute! I haven't named it yet. The pictures I took of it while it was still in the bag didn't turn out well at all and it's been hiding ever since I put it in the tank.. I'll take some good pictures of it and post them when ever it comes out of hiding. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 pm
You realize...that it is a sin to talk about a new pet and NOT post pictures right?  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:09 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
You realize...that it is a sin to talk about a new pet and NOT post pictures right?

I wasn't able to get pictures of him at the time since he was hiding ever since I put him in the tank. lol He finally came out of hiding on Tuesday and I was able to get some pictures. Here's a couple. Sorry they're fuzzy, they were taken with my iPod.

User Image

User Image

Though I have some sad news about him.. I got home from work on Tuesday and found him dead.. I don't know what happened.. I took him back to the store along with a water sample. It turns out my pH was way too low.. I wasn't surprised about the ammonia and nitrates being high since he had died (they both were fine before I added him). I decided to get a better filter than what I had (it was a cheaper, aqueon one that came with the tank kit). I now have an aquaclear one. I also got a product to fix the pH. I'm going to do a water change soon and will also raise the pH. I plan to get another albino BN pleco next week. By that point, I should be able to have all the levels back to a safe range. I'll be sure to share photos of the new one.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games